TSN: Brendan Shanahan named President of Toronto Maple Leafs

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
The Leafs fan base gets way too hyped up from managerial transactions. We should only get hyped up when we see positive changes in the personnel.

KingMatthews

popcorn.gif
Jan 14, 2009
Toronto
I still remember one poster who suggested during the Alumni game that Shanahan should have ripped off his Wings jersey, powerbombed Yzerman on the bench and then join Domi and Tucker as the new NWO. A little late but I'll take it :laugh:

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I expect big changes from the Leafs with this move. Shanny has Detroit, NY and NJ connections.

I have to say I like the move, wonder if he will bring in some former Leafs to help out.

Reactions: JadedLeaf

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
Please, Please Santa.
And then Jeff Blashill. :nod:

Would love if we brought in Blashill as coach, he's won the calder, awards for coaching in NCAA, players like playing for him and look how well they've developed under him in detroit.

Carlyle tears down our players, and thats fine for some, but doesnt work at all for others.

Plus you can just tell our group isn't very tight nit, need to add some life, personnell and coaching changes need to happen.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Patience. This guy's best talent is recruiting. Uijiri, Defoe, Bradly, Cesar. Tim L is going to bring in the people who will fix the Leafs.

You forgot the most integral piece, Drake. Adding Shanny just creates a solid network between several organizations in the NHL.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I like this move a lot. I hope Carlyle is fired and Nonis is on a nanometer short leash if not fired.

I would love it if we can get this going:

Shanny
hextall GM
Laviolette coach.
GTFO Phaneuf, Lupul, other garbage.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I took the liberty to draw up as To-Do list for Shanny

Fire the GM, & all his assistants.
Fire the coach and all his assistants and trainers and consultants.
Fire all the scouting staff.
Replace all the players.

Problem solved with flushing out the source of current problems and struggles of the team.

:sarcasm:

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
Leiweke - President and CEO of MLSE
Shanahan - President of Hockey Ops

Nonis - Senior Vice President of Hockey Ops & GM
Poulin - Vice President of Hockey Ops
Loiselle - Vice President of Hockey Ops & Assistant GM
Fletcher - Senior Advisor
Carlyle - Head Coach
Farrish - Assistant Coach
Gordon - Assistant Coach
Cronin - Assistant Coach
Dennis - Assistant Coach
St. Croix - Goalie Coach

Only the bolded are guaranteed to be back next season. The Leafs could rid themselves of Fletcher and Poulin and not even have to replace them. Too many cooks in the kitchen at the moment.

Would like to see Leiweke -> Shanahan -> Hextall -> Assistant GM -> Laviolette -> Assistants myself

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad