TSN: Brendan Shanahan named President of Toronto Maple Leafs

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
@FAN590: According to @DamoSpin, Brendan Shanahan will join the Maple #Leafs organization immediately after resigning his position with the NHL.

Bardown warrior

Oct 26, 2013
Mississauga
Greg Brady ‏@bradyfan590 5m
On Shanahan, either a 5 or 6 year agreement. League source says Shanahan will be speaking with Bettman tonight about giving up current role.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Of course you'd make the thread, Cor :P

You know what, why the hell not? We've flung **** at the wall with all these retreads and nothing has worked, might as well try something else. I mean, things seriously can't get any worse...

Reactions: JadedLeaf

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
I dont care for this move much.
Shanny has no experience in the field of running a team or ties to the franchise.

Its a name to appease the fans.

lmao it's exactly what we need.

Reading the article the last time we hired a guy with a big name and little experience we made it to the conference finals twice, his name was Ken Dryden.

All we've been doing is hiring overexperienced guys who make terrible decisions, we need a new culture in this organization, too many of the same personnel have been making decisions during the post-lockout era(2005-)

Tweek

Too much Pressure!
Oct 23, 2011
Halifornia
Shanny has no experience in the field of running a team or ties to the franchise.

I half agree with you, no experience is a negative but having no ties to the franchise makes it a bit easier to clean house in the offseason... if that is the way the winds are blowing.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
I dont care for this move much.

Its a name to appease the fans.

The last time we had any success was when our president was a big name, a winner, and HOFer, but with little experience (Ken Dryden).

TML 13

Oct 19, 2013
Still here. What difference does this make?

Patience. This guy's best talent is recruiting. Uijiri, Defoe, Bradly, Cesar. Tim L is going to bring in the people who will fix the Leafs.

Ed Belfour

Nov 9, 2011
Toronto
I think some fresh thinking is just what we need around here. Bringing in all of these experienced execs has gotten us nowhere, might as well try out some new blood.

Another point, now we are going to have to deal with even more nonsense about how the Leafs get away with stuff/less suspensions/all that crap with Shanny in our organization. I can already see every fan of other teams whenever there is a big hit: "Should be a suspension, but the Leafs have Shanny so no surprise here"

realgoodleafs

Oct 29, 2006
SW Ontario
lmao it's exactly what we need.

Reading the article the last time we hired a guy with a big name and little experience we made it to the conference finals twice, his name was Ken Dryden.

All we've been doing is hiring overexperienced guys who make terrible decisions, we need a new culture in this organization, too many of the same personnel have been making decisions during the post-lockout era(2005-)

We hired JFJ. These guys instantly have ties to their puppet masters at MLSE so lets not pretend he's going to bring in a new viewpoint.

BiggestLeafsFanEVER*

it's very important we don't let them manipulate us with the BIG NEWS into forgetting how ****** the team has played

this will not distract me!

kesleaf

Mar 3, 2011
I hope this is a good thing..!

What does this really mean for the Leafs?

I understand that if any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, I'm going to have to eat every ****ing chicken in here.

But seriously, I understand that his role is to be the GMs boss...so he overlooks all the trades/signings and stuff right? But how is that a "good" thing, if we fire nonis and get someone better?

BiggestLeafsFanEVER*

Patience. This guy's best talent is recruiting. Uijiri, Defoe, Bradly, Cesar. Tim L is going to bring in the people who will fix the Leafs.

sort of like he told nonis to sign clarkson

pooleboy

Dec 23, 2009
Ontario
good changes need to happen
next is hextal to be brought in as GM, and hopefully builds through the draft. Liewikie watched Lombardi draft in the top 5 year in year out for a long time in LA and knows thats how u build winners, first thing he did was trade vets for picks. Hopefully that is what we do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad