Prospect Info: Brendan Lemieux

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
With Chiarot, Ehlers and Petan graduating and Armia disappointing, I think he's still in the Top 15.

They haven't yet. I still have Armia > Lemieux. If Lemieux is top 15, he's barely top 15 #14-15, IMO. Been that way since draft, TC has done nothing to change my mind. I take the long view.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
They haven't yet. I still have Armia > Lemieux. If Lemieux is top 15, he's barely top 15 #14-15, IMO. Been that way since draft, TC has done nothing to change my mind. I take the long view.

Maurice is much higher on Lemieux than that

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
I think some can be a bit overly high on Lemieux from time-to-time, but I probably have him just inside the top 10.

Of course, I consider Chiarot and at a minimum one of Ehlers/Petan graduated.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Lemieux has climbed in my list, partly based on viewings and partly due to the very strong endorsement from Maurice.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Yup. By a long shot.

Also agreed. IMO there is a strong likelihood he is a Jet as early as next season. At most after a year in the A.

"With the Jets" does look likely, but "with the Jets" doesn't really matter to me if he is a run of the mill 4th liner. His value (IMO) will come if / when he proves he can be more than that.

I am still not convinced that he'll be more than a Thorburn or a Kaleta. I hope he will, but thus far I don't think he has the two-way ability that is necessary to move up the roster. He does have a really nice shot though.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Somehow I think the org keeps two different lists of forward prospects: a) top9 b) 4th line.

Lemieux and Lipon (list b) are closer to the NHL than Armia, De Leo, and Kosmachuk (list a).

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
"One of the Winnipeg Jets' most notable prospects might be riding the pine for a long time in junior hockey after making one of the more egregious hits to the head you'll ever see on Thursday. Brendan Lemieux, a forward for the Barrie Colts of the Ontario Hockey League, has been suspended indefinitely by the OHL after landing a hit to the head of Owen Sound Attack forward Keenan Reynolds that knocked the latter out of the game."

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2015/10/16/9558617/brendan-lemieux-suspension-ohl-claude-winnipeg-jets

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
I was expecting much worse than that, tbh.

Have to keep your head up as a player too.

Agreed. In a way he was punished for being much bigger than the other player. Not his fault he is pushing 220 pounds against smaller opponents.

As their local broadcast guy noted at the time, elbows down, shoulder down, no hard strides, no jump:

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
It looks like one of those plays that is just a hockey play. His arms were down, there was no charging, he didn't leave his feet, he was angling him off and squeezing him off the puck. He did shoulder check him, but the shoulder making contact on the side of the helmet can be devastating.

And honestly, I think the helmet companies need to look at that. If you take a helmet and flex it inwards on the sides, there is way too much flex. There is good rigidity front to back, but on the sides it's quite soft/flexible. I know that there is a challenge due to the opening for the head, neck and face. But I am sure they could do something to stiffen it up side to side.

I am not excusing the hit, or suggesting no suspension. Today's pro hockey requires a lot more discipline as to when and how to hit, even at the rapid pace of the game. But I think equipment can help when mistakes happen.

KCjetsfan

Jul 14, 2012
Gardner KS
i don't really feel sorry for him though even if it was partially a reputation suspension. May behoove him to reflect on why he has that reputation.

of course i'm one who thought his dad was a total POS as a player and would hate to have anyone like that on my team, and it seems the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree, so take that into account re: my opinion I suppose.

koth

Feb 5, 2013
Winnipeg
His arms were down, but he did make contact primarily with the player's head. He didn't hit his chest or his shoulder, it was just his head, which is the reason for the suspension, I believe.

I don't know about 10 games, but direct hits to the head is something all hockey leagues are trying to get out of the game. Lemieux made a good hit to the wrong part of the other player's body. He should have hit him shoulder to shoulder or shoulder to chest.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Somehow I think the org keeps two different lists of forward prospects: a) top9 b) 4th line.

Lemieux and Lipon (list b) are closer to the NHL than Armia, De Leo, and Kosmachuk (list a).

i wouldn't put Kosmo or De Leo as A list candidates.

Lemieux has "NHL bottom 6" written all over him.
he's probably 2 years away from making the team and 4 years away from losing his job.

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
He got that suspension for his past "sins" I was expecting something nasty but it did not look that bad to me :(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad