Prospect Info: Brendan Lemieux

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
I always wonder why he is a minus player throughout his career but then I found this: http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/schedule/show/game/70075

He scores all 3 goals in a 3 - 0 win and he's only +2?? How could that be? Seems like he's not well liked for whatever reason but what could explain this?
Players don't get a plus when they score on the powerplay.

They shouldn't get them for empty netters either, but they do. Plus / minus is silly.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
I still don't understand the imbalance between his goals and assists. It's just - weird. :laugh:

Good on 'im though - he's certainly got a nose for the net. :nod:

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I still don't understand the imbalance between his goals and assists. It's just - weird. :laugh:

He's definitely more of a finisher. You could see it in TC. He doesn't seem to have the vision to set up plays. He drives the net and cleans up the garbage. Not only that but he has good enough hands and shot to score on his own without cleaning up the garbage. He will be an excellent bottom 6 player in the NHL I think. If we can teach him to play a solid two-way game while he's at it. He could be one of the best bottom 6 guys in the league. He already was finishing checks really well. He seems to know what he needs to do to be successful on the Jets and endear himself to PMO as well.

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
Even though he had the vision, he wouldn't pass the puck. That's Lemieux for you. He has serious attitude problems, in better and worse, mostly worse.

Has this topic been switched to EK? I thought we were discussing Lemieux.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Even though he had the vision, he wouldn't pass the puck. That's Lemieux for you. He has serious attitude problems, in better and worse, mostly worse.

Where you getting that info from? A few weeks ago he had a wide open empty net to shoot at and passed it to a teammate. I think someone with an attitude problem would bury that themselves. So far in Windsor he's been full of smiles and has even shockingly steered clear of some of the after-whistle scrums.

Boxertim

Mar 21, 2014
winnipeg

so if a shot comes in and bounces off of his butt and into the net he would get the goal and the assist...but it a shot comes in and hits the goalie and then he shovels it in...no assist. Would that be correct?

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013

Quote: "Last season he led his team in (goals). And what makes this accomplishment even more significant is that he managed to achieve those totals while also chalking up a whopping 255 penalty minutes. He’s still got a lot to learn and (has to) mature more."

Above is a quote from 1995 on 23 year old Keith Tkachuk.

Now before everyone piles on, I'm not comparing Lemieux to Tkachuk, just simply pointing out that there have been other players with mean streaks and possibly bad attitudes that have excelled in this league. Lemieux still has the possibility of being a great goal-scorer in the NHL or an absolute train wreck. Only time will tell.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Little doubt in my mind that Lemieux will be a good Nhl'er. Offensive upside too.

I want a triple L line of Lemieux Lowry Lipon

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Goal:Assist ratio (junior career)

B Lemieux: 1.34
M Bossy: 1.39

Tkachuk tended to score more goals than assists during his NHL career (especially early in his career). If Lemieux is a mini-me version of Tkachuk, I'll be happy.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

What was the issue Brendan had with the Sabers or is my imagination getting the best of me?

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
What was the issue Brendan had with the Sabres or is my imagination getting the best of me?

Not entirely sure, I know he didn't want to sign with them though.

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/699212

Brendan Lemieux was far from the centerpiece of the deal, but he was included because his father and agent Claude Lemieux told the Sabres his son wouldn't sign with them, according to TSN radio reporter A.J. Jakubec.

Brendan failed to crack Buffalo's roster out of training camp and returned to the OHL, where he's performed well with 35 goals (and a team-leading 120 penalty minutes) for the Barrie Colts. It appears his relationship with the Sabres soured somewhere along the way, perhaps due to the team's dismal performance this season.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Not entirely sure, I know he didn't want to sign with them though.

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/699212

So he leaves Green Bay of the USHL mid season amidst rumblings of locker room issues. Goes to Barrie where he gets drafted by Buffalo and his agent says he "won't sign with Buffalo" and he subsequently gets traded to Winnipeg. Then back to the OHL and finally in the middle of a good season on a playoff team he gets fire sold out of Barrie to Windsor?

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
So he leaves Green Bay of the USHL mid season amidst rumblings of locker room issues. Goes to Barrie where he gets drafted by Buffalo and his agent says he "won't sign with Buffalo" and he subsequently gets traded to Winnipeg. Then back to the OHL and finally in the middle of a good season on a playoff team he gets fire sold out of Barrie to Windsor?

Are you trying to insinuate something? :) :sarcasm:

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Are you trying to insinuate something? :) :sarcasm:

For those wishing to ignore the 1000 pound gorilla........a single pair of rose colored glasses may not be enough.....may I suggest the rose colored welders helmet :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad