Prospect Info: Brendan Lemieux (2014, 31st) – '14-15: Barrie #21 (OHL) – 2015: Traded to Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
Personally, I thought his comments were kind of lame. He sounded whiny and then started name dropping. I'm OK with the pick though, and glad we went with him over Barbashev. We know that he has the support and motivation to bring his game to the NHL.

His personality left something to be desired. (And yes, I realize he's 18 and immature and yada yada.) He had a worse "I'm not impressed" face than that gymnast from the Olympics.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Well, that's where I would have doubts about this pick. It seems we're seriously loaded with guys who all project to be exceptional bottom 6 players. Wouldn't hurt to have another Hudson Fasching type who can give you a chance of developing into that top 6 power forward.

No..it wouldn't have hurt. Don't think this hurts either.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
His personality left something to be desired. (And yes, I realize he's 18 and immature and yada yada.) He had a worse "I'm not impressed" face than that gymnast from the Olympics.

I think he's a entitled brat.

Hope that changes.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
i think it's pretty silly to hope for Lemieux to be a top 6 player.

Murray is building a team, and Lemieux projects as a high end 4th line player. Hopefully he can develop his game to become a good PKer.

This draft lacked talent. And Murray played it safe with the #31 pick.

BloFan4Life

Jul 8, 2009
NY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yddBd48Mrnk

Is there anything this kid doesn't do??

He is going to blow up next year in the OHL. He will take that jump that many people thought Bailey would but it never happened. Wouldn't surprise me to see him put up 80-90 points next year, while being a pest to play against.

ZeroPT*

Well, 1 page ago you didn't know who led the team in scoring. So any kind of outside reference would be great.

I mainly watched them for Ekblad, I didn't recall just now who their leading scorer was but I've watched 7 games of Barrie this year. All for Ekblad, I liked what I saw from Lemieux

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Kris Baker ‏@SabresProspects 3m

15 RT @PBRnSabres2 @SabresProspects Scale 1-10, how happy are you with the Lemieux pick?

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
I'm sure lemieux has zero chance for the top 6. And he doesn't have the defense to be elite on the third line. So why are we taking a fourth line kaleta plus player at the top of round 2.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
I mainly watched them for Ekblad, I didn't recall just now who their leading scorer was but I've watched 7 games of Barrie this year. All for Ekblad, I liked what I saw from Lemieux

Sorry to grind you, all opinions helpful and appreciated!

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
i think it's pretty silly to hope for Lemieux to be a top 6 player.

Murray is building a team, and Lemieux projects as a high end 4th line player. Hopefully he can develop his game to become a good PKer.

This draft lacked talent. And Murray played it safe with the #31 pick.

He's young, ya never know, he could end up being a Milan Lucic type on a second line. That's his ceiling for sure. Probably ends up on the 4th line, though you're right, which is nice to have a spot for him even if he doesn't reach his ceiling.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
quick, where does Lemiuex rank on our prospect rankings?

does he even crack the top 15?

Summit72

Jun 2, 2006
Canada

I agree. He's very young, but he came across as a dumb, name dropping entitled brat. That said, I'm willing to give him a chance. He could have a huge impact in the nhl.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Yeah, I guess I could see taking a fourth liner at this point if you think he has a better overall package than some of your other fourth line prospects.

But it just seems to presume too much to me about who's going to make your top 6.

I can see Ennis, Hodgson, Reinhart right now as safe bets. After that, you've got next year's first, and then a bunch of low odds contenders, IMO. If there's a guy with top 6 skill who fits your model (which Barbashev would've been perfect for this team), you've gotta get him.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
BrOYD3oIEAAqeuw.jpg

YES!!!!

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
He's young, ya never know, he could end up being a Milan Lucic type on a second line. That's his ceiling for sure. Probably ends up on the 4th line, though you're right, which is nice to have a spot for him even if he doesn't reach his ceiling.

How does an average sized guy with zero elite skills reach lucic impact.

ZeroPT*

quick, where does Lemiuex rank on our prospect rankings?

does he even crack the top 15?

1-Reinhart
2-Risto
3-Zadorov
4-Grigorenko
5-Compher
6-Fasching
7-McCabe
8-Armia
9-Ullmark
10-Baptiste
11-Lemieux
12-Carrier
13-Hurley
14-Kea
15-Bailey

Cornel,Karabacek and Martin are next up for me

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
I can't wait for Rob Ray's first interview with him and his dad. :laugh:

LOL. I have been thinking about the "on my knees begging for mercy" incident between Rayzor and Claude Lemieux ever since we drafted this kid.

I'm sure a lot (most?) of posters on here are too young to even know what the hell I'm talking about.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
1-Reinhart
2-Risto
3-Zadorov
4-Grigorenko
5-Compher
6-Fasching
7-McCabe
8-Armia
9-Ullmark