Claimed off Waivers: Brendan Leipsic to LA

Riposte!

Jan 25, 2006
Seattle
Dustin Brown of which year? you need to be specific

because that joke sounds old

The Dustin Brown of every year where he skates inside the blue line, tries to deke the defender near the boards, trips over his own feet, awkwardly swings his stick to try and get the puck deep, misses, and turns it over to the opposing team.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
The Dustin Brown of every year where he skates inside the blue line, tries to deke the defender near the boards, trips over his own feet, awkwardly swings his stick to try and get the puck deep, misses, and turns it over to the opposing team.

Right. Dustin Brown is a top 20 right wing in the NHL. You're about four years too late with that joke.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007

oh... ok...

i'll try watching harder the next 100 games... cause it seems like I've been asleep the past two years

all good, carry on

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
that one is sealed for good, there's no mystery to that; Zykov is a Lombardi pick

Blake will never claim on waivers a draft pick that belongs to Lombardi

case closed
You’ve said this more than once, it makes zero sense. Blake was Lombardi’s assistant GM for years, and Dean brought him back and stood by him when a lot of fans hated him. I doubt very much that Blake holds any animosity towards him. That’s something that people on internet message boards do.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
His hands are faster than his brain or something. He does a lot of "stuff" on the outside when he has the puck but often does not accomplish much.

I don't really see him ever being an NHL regular seeing that he'll never be trusted by a coach in a checking role, either.

Reactions: THE Green Man

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
You’ve said this more than once, it makes zero sense. Blake was Lombardi’s assistant GM for years, and Dean brought him back and stood by him when a lot of fans hated him. I doubt very much that Blake holds any animosity towards him. That’s something that people on internet message boards do.

no you're reading it wrong; he has no animosity

but Blake has a boss, and if he starts mimicking Dean Lombardi, then AEG will wonder why they fired Dean in the first place

Blake has to put his own stamp on the team, so he'd never sign Dwight King again, grab Thomas Hickey off waivers, hire Ron Hextall as an assistant, reclaim Valentin Zykov, trade for Lucic at half retained, give the C back to Dustin Brown, etc

he has to distance himself from those things, to show AEG that he's an independant GM that has a different mindset than the previous administration.

how does this not make sense to you?

regardless, that's my opinion - there's a logic to it, if you don't see it, it's fine

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
no you're reading it wrong; he has no animosity

but Blake has a boss, and if he starts mimicking Dean Lombardi, then AEG will wonder why they fired Dean in the first place

Blake has to put his own stamp on the team, so he'd never sign Dwight King again, grab Thomas Hickey off waivers, hire Ron Hextall as an assistant, reclaim Valentin Zykov, trade for Lucic at half retained, give the C back to Dustin Brown, etc

he has to distance himself from those things, to show AEG that he's an independant GM that has a different mindset than the previous administration.

Blake's first action as GM was to promote John Stevens, whom Lombardi hired, and, this past Summer, he signed Ilya Kovalchuk, whom Lombardi aggressively tried to sign 9 years ago. On top of that, he kept Lombardi's team together for over a year and a half, only finally trading Pearson a few weeks ago. Those don't seem like the actions of a man who feels that he needs to "put his own stamp on the team." I wish that he were that kind of person because, then, he might've hired someone other than Stevens and started making changes to the team two Summers ago.

Reactions: David Lunch

Riposte!

Jan 25, 2006
Seattle
Right. Dustin Brown is a top 20 right wing in the NHL. You're about four years too late with that joke.

You guys need to chill out. I've been a Kings fan for two decades, and I post regularly on the Kings board. I love that he's back to his 25-25 self, but I'm allowed to have some fun at his klutziness :laugh:

riznat

Sponsor
Nov 19, 2005
Lake Tahoe
Blake's first action as GM was to promote John Stevens, whom Lombardi hired, and, this past Summer, he signed Ilya Kovalchuk, whom Lombardi aggressively tried to sign 9 years ago. On top of that, he kept Lombardi's team together for over a year and a half, only finally trading Pearson a few weeks ago. Those don't seem like the actions of a man who feels that he needs to "put his own stamp on the team." I wish that he were that kind of person because, then, he might've hired someone other than Stevens and started making changes to the team two Summers ago.
You destroyed his argument

Reactions: kilowatt

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I gotta give you Kings fans credit. You guys have a good attitude about all this

We had 3 years of being good. The other several decades were what you see here :laugh:

His hands are faster than his brain or something. He does a lot of "stuff" on the outside when he has the puck but often does not accomplish much.

I don't really see him ever being an NHL regular seeing that he'll never be trusted by a coach in a checking role, either.

Challenge Accepted. --Willie D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad