Claimed off Waivers: Brendan Leipsic to LA

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
TIL making the playoffs relatively consistently is equal to tire fire

Hello dear member, to me the only consistent thing about the habs, in relation to your negative comment about the Kings collecting "fringe waiver prospects" is the following:

I have noticed that the Canadiens have acquired the following list of players throughout the years:

**Dwight King**
Gustav Olofsson
Brett Kulak
Hunter Shinkaruk
Joel Armia
Steve Mason
Mike Reilly
Kerby Rychel
Rinat Valiev
Adam Cracknell
Nicolas Deslauriers
Kyle Baun
David Schlemko
Steve Ott
Andreas Martinsen
Brandon Davidson
Jordie Benn
Keegan Low
Nikita Nesterov
Jonathan Racine
Stefan Matteau
Victor Bartley
John Scott
Antti Niemi
Max Friberg
Ben Scrivens
Lucas Lessio
Zack Kassian
Brian Flynn
Torrey Mitchell
Devante Smith-Pelly
Bryan Allen
Eric Tangradi
PA Parenteau
Robert Czarnik
George Parros
Christian Thomas
Davis Drewiske
Dustin Tokarski
Jason DeSantis
Blake Geoffron
Robert Slaney
Rene Bourque
Patrick Holland

i had to stop... but there's more

please explain how these acquisitions are not fringe?

Sincerely, very calm very serious HFBoards Member

(Mod)

Last edited by a moderator:

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Didn't know he was waived. His attitude must be driving himself off NHL teams, which is too bad for him because he can be a very good hockey player.

9 is often a retired number, but seems to be a cursed number with the Vancouver Canucks.

But I expect him to be waived again once Kovalchuk returns from injury.

Last edited:

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Yeah, we had our 24-month run in the sun. Now we're back to hopelessly sucking forever. Every time the Kings play now, I just stick my two Stanley Cup rings in my eyes so I don't have to watch.

I expect the Kings to contend for the cup again sometime in the 2060s.

At least you had your run. All my other teams suck and maybe 2060 the Bucs and Rays might do something too. As for the Lightning, just hang out with us for a while and you'll realize it can be its own special kind of hell.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
He's a place holding NHLer at best. Just too weak and the puck gets turned over off his stick more than anyone he will play with. Even his hands which need to be lights out considering his stature had him fumbling pucks consistently. Will inject some speed and at least an ability to score but the cost of loss of puck possession and critical miscues will have LA fans wishing him upgraded ASAP. Fun player to watch at times though.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
He's a place holding NHLer at best. Just too weak and the puck gets turned over off his stick more than anyone he will play with. Even his hands which need to be lights out considering his stature had him fumbling pucks consistently. Will inject some speed and at least an ability to score but the cost of loss of puck possession and critical miscues will have LA fans wishing him upgraded ASAP. Fun player to watch at times though.

This is perfect. More turnovers leads to more goals which leads to more losses which leads to a spot at the bottom of the overall standings. Excellent. We are embracing the suck.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Good riddance. My beef with Leipsic isn't his play or his effort, but there is 0 reason to be riding shotgun with Horvat consistently. Good luck to L.A., I hope Willie doesn't immediately start crushing on him.

JTmillerForA1stLOL

Oct 12, 2007
Leipsic is interesting. He never takes a shift off and always looks like he's working hard and creating chances but he literally never sees the results. He accomplishes nothing despite always looking decent.

Reactions: hangman005

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
Enjoy the skating up the half wall, making a dumb deke, turnover and fall down play. He's good for about 3 of those a game. Seriously the guy is Mason Raymond with a worse shot and not as fast.
The first Leipsic Truther I’ve found on here beside myself.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
Didn't know he was waived. His attitude must be driving himself off NHL teams, which is too bad for him because he can be a very good hockey player.

9 is often a retired number, but seems to be a cursed number with the Vancouver Canucks.

But I expect him to be waived again once Kovalchuk returns from injury.
It’s his play. He’s not suited for a bottom 6 role, he’s horrible on the walls, isn’t much of a forechecker and can’t create offence on his own. His shot is well below par and his play reads on both sides of the puck lack.
But he skate real fast. Usually falls down at the end of it, losing the puck and turning it over to the other team to go up the ice and score.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Leipsic is interesting. He never takes a shift off and always looks like he's working hard and creating chances but he literally never sees the results. He accomplishes nothing despite always looking decent.
This is what i saw from him last season in Vegas, and I'd still take him over the likes of Lindberg, Carpenter, Hyka... maybe Carr all who have played on our 3rd line this season. It was pretty much "You have to score there" proceeded by him not scoring, which has been far better than the not even getting into a position where they should score by our 3rd line most of this season.

Riposte!

Jan 25, 2006
Seattle
mstad101 said:
It’s his play. He’s not suited for a bottom 6 role, he’s horrible on the walls, isn’t much of a forechecker and can’t create offence on his own. His shot is well below par and his play reads on both sides of the puck lack.
But he skate real fast. Usually falls down at the end of it, losing the puck and turning it over to the other team to go up the ice and score.

Uh oh, Dustin Brown is going to have some roster competition.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Well another young player to the lineup To start this season the kings were the 2nd oldest team i seem to recall I am curious what the age will be for our next game. Kolva lewis haglen all out got to drop the average age alot

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Something has to feed their mascot Baily.

I watched the Canes' broadcast last night and Bailey tried to eat the face of the Canes' sideline reporter. I kid you not.

Edit: I found it...

Mwix0Mq.jpg

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad