Claimed off Waivers: Brendan Leipsic to LA

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
zAl7MhL.png

man when Montreal makes fun of your team's low risk waiver pickups, something that Montreal is known for under Bergevin, that means you're in big trouble lol

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
Enjoy the skating up the half wall, making a dumb deke, turnover and fall down play. He's good for about 3 of those a game. Seriously the guy is Mason Raymond with a worse shot and not as fast.

Reactions: mstad101

Mac Attack

Beefy Legs
Aug 15, 2018
Sometimes waivers work out. Colorado got Nemeth Barbario and Nieto off of waivers last year maybe also year before and they have really helped our depth out. Of course we have also had terrible pickups as well.

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
good god, now we have hab fans mocking us....

you know the team that has been a tire fire since they last won the cup 25 years ago and have waived every single 1st/2nd round in the last 5 years

Good god, don't take this as a personal attack to the point where you need to level this back to keep your ego in check.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
He's not very good. He is flashy, can sometimes dangle, and has speed. But not very good hands or finish. He'll just frustrate you. He plays high event hockey (noticeably good and bad).

Yog S'loth

Sep 7, 2005
Southern California
So weird to see the Kings on the claiming end of the waiver wire. Usually we just give away our prospects year after year.

I wonder who the Kings could even move at the deadline to make room for these players? Who the hell would want Nate Thompson? Maybe you could find a taker for Trevor Lewis. Carl Hagelin... maybe? Has he totally worn out his welcome in the League? (Man, what a trash trade...) We're completely stuck with Kovalchuk floating around for the next 2½ years. Nobody's fixing that mistake for us. There's no cap relief coming that I see... and this claim pushes us even *further* past the cap ceiling as it is...

Ooof.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Kings are short on LW's after Pearson was moved and Hagelin was injured and out for six weeks so this makes sense. When you have Kyle Clifford on the 2nd line as an LW, you know your in trouble. Of course, moving Kempe to LW makes too much sense, so Willie won't do it.

Reactions: YP44

KingsCourt

Aug 15, 2005
TIL making the playoffs relatively consistently is equal to tire fire

TIL making the playoffs relatively consistently is equal to tire fire

16 out of 30/31/32 make the playoffs ...it's a league of mediocrity ...making the playoffs is not an accomplishment
Last 25 seasons - not exactly 'consistently'
9 seasons missed - 36%
8 first round loss - 32%
5 second round loss - 20%
3 Semi loss - 12%

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Van fan here.

Leipsic is not at NHLer.

Speed is his game.

But he cant win any battles because of his size and he always gets pinned in his own zone as other teams just play the cycle game on him and he gets stuck.

He has some skill to go along with his speed but a big big liabitlity

All the best to Leipsic.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Van fan here.

Leipsic is not at NHLer.

Speed is his game.

But he cant win any battles because of his size and he always gets pinned in his own zone as other teams just play the cycle game on him and he gets stuck.

He has some skill to go along with his speed but a big big liabitlity

All the best to Leipsic.
He had 22 points least season which is better than half our players in the bottom six.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Kings are short on LW's after Pearson was moved and Hagelin was injured and out for six weeks so this makes sense. When you have Kyle Clifford on the 2nd line as an LW, you know your in trouble. Of course, moving Kempe to LW makes too much sense, so Willie won't do it.
Clifford still producing better than Pearson ever was.

Yog S'loth

Sep 7, 2005
Southern California
I gotta give you Kings fans credit. You guys have a good attitude about all this

Yeah, we had our 24-month run in the sun. Now we're back to hopelessly sucking forever. Every time the Kings play now, I just stick my two Stanley Cup rings in my eyes so I don't have to watch.

I expect the Kings to contend for the cup again sometime in the 2060s.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
i wish him well. he's a really small bodied gentleman who tries to play the game too fast for his own skill level to avoid being crushed. he has some stuff if he ever finds a way to play in control.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Need for bodies up front so some of the kids currently here who may be a bit out of their depth and require more seasoning in the minors can go back down to the AHL. That and the left side depth is pretty poor right now.

The Kings are not going anywhere anytime soon so not a big deal to take on a guy who is an RFA at seasons end. Don't like him, don't qualify him. Here for a good time, not a long time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->