Player Discussion Brendan Leipsic has been claimed by the Los Angeles Kings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bougieman

Nov 12, 2008
Vancouver
As long as it makes the Kings better, it's fine.

Hope he shines in LA and helps them pass us.

Did you watch him play for the Canucks at all this year? Don't think he'll be winning the Kings any games this season. Not exactly a 'game-breaker'.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
I meant re-sign. Whatever, he was never going to play here.

He was never going to re-sign because he was lied to about getting a legitimate chance here. Had they given him that who knows what happens.

But again, like I said, this was a nothing trade from the beginning. I'm not the one grasping at any last straw to scrounge up some win for Benning.

Guardian452

Jun 10, 2011
Did you watch him play for the Canucks at all this year? Don't think he'll be winning the Kings any games this season. Not exactly a 'game-breaker'.

His play has directly resulted in late goals in 2 different tied games which the Canucks eventually lost. I would call that a game-breaker. So if the Kings want to tank for Hughes, then he'll be a fine addition to their lineup.

Reactions: THE Green Man

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
"Never got a chance"???

Got a chance. Failed. Will be playing in the AHL by next season, if not Europe.

Now I guess we get to see what Leivo can do if he "gets a chance".

It's amazing how many 24-26 year old players that just aren't "given a chance". That just aren't given a chance to shine in the top 6. And then when they get a chance they "shine" but for some inexplicable reason the coaching staff takes that chance away!

Also amazing how many of those players are in Europe by the age of 27.

In my world, a worthwhile addition to the top 6 is one that in the end can contribute on any line they end up on. If a guy needs to be riding shotgun with your best players to "contribute" you have a player you'll need to replace if you are serious about being competitive.

Leipsic was that type of player (to the extreme really). Let's see what type Leivo is. I know Babcock made his decision.

Last edited:

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
He was never going to re-sign because he was lied to about getting a legitimate chance here. Had they given him that who knows what happens.

But again, like I said, this was a nothing trade from the beginning. I'm not the one grasping at any last straw to scrounge up some win for Benning.

...and I'm not some hater trying to throw shade on a deal that was clearly a win, however minor. Something for nothing is....something.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Trevor Lewis on IR for 4-5 weeks as of this morning, explains why they just snapped up two waiver players (Kovalchuk also out 4-6).

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
...and I'm not some hater trying to throw shade on a deal that was clearly a win, however minor. Something for nothing is....something.

I"m not a hater either, I'm a realist. I said it was a nothing deal, and it was a nothing deal. That's all there is to it. YOU are the one trying to make a big deal out of it by calling it a win, when clearly we didn't win anything.

Peter10

Dec 7, 2003
Germany
I am tired of talking about replacement level players. Its too bad Benning replaces those replacement level players with other replacement level players, losing minor parts in the process and not taking any step further at all. Feels like an endless cycle.

Reactions: tantalum and timw33

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
I am tired of talking about replacement level players. Its too bad Benning replaces those replacement level players with other replacement level players, losing minor parts in the process and not taking any step further at all. Feels like an endless cycle.

Endless cycle of meat that's about to spoil put through the grinder to make discount sausages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad