Player Discussion Brendan Gaunce (Canucks will not extend qualifying offer - Dhaliwal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
I have a soft spot for Gaunce and hope that he can make it back to the bigs one day and become an effective bottom line player, but yeah.........he’s definitely where he belongs now.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Gaunce working at BC Ferries in 2023.

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
His injury last year really knocked him down a couple of pegs... pegs that he couldn't afford to be knocked down. And if he has lost a step, that's a really bad thing for a guy who needed to gain a step.

I guess we'll have to see how he takes to a return to Utica. Hopefully it sets a fire under his ass.

UticaHockey

Feb 27, 2013
Utica, NY
He wasn't technically placed on waivers yesterday.

Today he's on it.
Yes Benning likes to give teams about 45 hours to think about making a claim instead of the traditional 24 hours. He announces that he will place a player on waivers about 3 hours after the deadline to do it on that given day so they don't go on waivers until noon the next day. They did the exact same thing with Bachman and Sautner.

Not that any team is going to claim these guys but why announce it to the world before you need to.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Yes Benning likes to give teams about 45 hours to think about making a claim instead of the traditional 24 hours. He announces that he will place a player on waivers about 3 hours after the deadline to do it on that given day so they don't go on waivers until noon the next day. They did the exact same thing with Bachman and Sautner.

Not that any team is going to claim these guys but why announce it to the world before you need to.
For this lower end guys I don't get it either. For more expensive guys like Gagner, it would make sense to announce it earlier. Maybe then a team calls and says, we would like him, but we aren't claiming him and paying the whole contract. If you are willing to retain, maybe we can work out a deal?

Reactions: UticaHockey

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016

maybe they are trying to help him find a new start.

his horrible camp suggests he won't be heartbroken to find a new home.

UticaHockey

Feb 27, 2013
Utica, NY
maybe they are trying to help him find a new start.

his horrible camp suggests he won't be heartbroken to find a new home.
I don't think that is the case at all because they did the same thing with all three players placed on waivers so far this year. Just not paying attention to the little details.

Reactions: Jack Burton

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.

Just stupid irresponsible negligence, which is incredibly common with this management team

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Wow what a story and noone claimed the poor guy. Guess AHL is his career for the fridge man

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
He sucks......i know i dont understand hockey.

Bad player who cant advance on a really bad team 24 yrs old with 5 career goals as a former 1st round pick

sluggish, no creativity, not entertaining, no sandpaper, non elusive, no offensive polish or acumen........good in 1 zone and as a winger frankly who cares.

Vegas didn't want him (preferred Sbisa..yowza) and i would be suprised if anyone thinks he's worth a claim but i will be honest i hope he gets a fresh start somewhere.

Archie has been better and i'm glad he's getting rewarded based on merit. I took shots for claiming Archibald and Motte were more effective and here we are

Sorry to do it to you lovers.
He’s better than Granlund and Gagne.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad