Player Discussion Brendan Gaunce (Canucks will not extend qualifying offer - Dhaliwal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Green maybe had a say, as long as he agreed.

It’s not like Gaunce was on the team. If your first professional hockey coach doesn’t fight for you to be in the lineup and on the roster it probably means Green didn’t like Gaunce’s game all that much.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Chalk up another dumb decision for Elmer. At least the shock value is wearing off and we’re left in a perpetual state of apathy since Benning has established such a low bar based on his idiotic precedence.

I in the Eye

Drop a ball it falls
Dec 14, 2002
It’s not like Gaunce was on the team. If your first professional hockey coach doesn’t fight for you to be in the lineup and on the roster it probably means Green didn’t like Gaunce’s game all that much.

I don't think Gaunce is worth Green's job, in Green's eyes... even if Green liked Gaunce as a player. It would be clean and easy if Green didn't. I don't know what Green feels about Gaunce. Maybe Utica fans can bring some foresight. I wouldn't expect Green to fight for Gaunce. I wouldn't expect Green to fight too hard for anyone. I expect Green to toll the company line.

What player would Green fight for? This player doesn't exist... as no player on the roster or in the system is worth Green being a dissenting voice... particularly a 4th liner. We know this regime hates dissenting voices. We know this regime requires everyone to share the same vision. If Green fought for Gaunce, he lost... and maybe Green did fight for him. We don't know that he didn't.

But, yes, it is possible that Green just sees things the same way Benning and Linden do... I mean, just Benning now. Linden fought and lost... along with a long line of others who fought for something.

Last edited:

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Locking this up. Please continue discussion in the Mgmt thread or the Ex Player thread for now. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad