Player Discussion Brendan Gallagher: Workin' Hard for His Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
It’s no surprise his numbers looked bad when stapled to Danault.

If PD starts to pick it up, then Gally’s numbers will look like the usual 30+20 pace he’s on every year.

I actually just looked into it and he’s already back on pace for his usual numbers. Good to see.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
I don’t understand how Gallagher is playing. Really often, when he lost the puck. He always put his stick between oponnent legs. He really seem to be angry about his lack of speed and dont want to see him leave with the puck. And after. He thinks he doesnt deserve a penalty.

Reactions: the

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I don’t understand how Gallagher is playing. Really often, when he lost the puck. He always put his stick between oponnent legs. He really seem to be angry about his lack of speed and dont want to see him leave with the puck. And after. He thinks he doesnt deserve a penalty.

Gallagher has always played like this

Reactions: Hins77

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
It’s no surprise his numbers looked bad when stapled to Danault.

If PD starts to pick it up, then Gally’s numbers will look like the usual 30+20 pace he’s on every year.

I actually just looked into it and he’s already back on pace for his usual numbers. Good to see.

Gallagher is not talented enough for that... He's a soon to be overpaid player.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
upload_2021-4-1_8-1-30.png

Supersonic

May 27, 2013
Ontario
I as much as many do anticipate his production to reduce over years due to his style of play

however the guy is a ****ing junk yard dog on a leash every shift and is a workout warrior.

If he can keep scoring and playing well with whoever is his C, then god damn he is worth a lot to this team as a secondary scorer behind KK, Suzuki, Andy, Toffoli and Caufield moving forward and he is most likely our next Captain

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I as much as many do anticipate his production to reduce over years due to his style of play

however the guy is a ****ing junk yard dog on a leash every shift and is a workout warrior.

If he can keep scoring and playing well with whoever is his C, then god damn he is worth a lot to this team as a secondary scorer behind KK, Suzuki, Andy, Toffoli and Caufield moving forward and he is most likely our next Captain

The fact that he's been into fitness froma. Young age bodes well for his longevity though.

I would bet he'll decline. But there is a chance he'll still be good at the end if his contract. The NHL is a much less physically grueling league without all the hooking, holding, late hits, touch icing, and fighting.

Reactions: angusyoung

Walrus26

Wearing a Habs Toque in England.
May 24, 2018
Peterborough, UK
The fact that he's been into fitness froma. Young age bodes well for his longevity though.

I would bet he'll decline. But there is a chance he'll still be good at the end if his contract. The NHL is a much less physically grueling league without all the hooking, holding, late hits, touch icing, and fighting.

Cross checks to the back, shoulders, face etc around the blue paint every game night are still part & parcel of the game though. As they should be.

Hate the contract, love the player.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Yep, still got it and he's still a key player on the team.

Let's talk again in 3 years time when we're still on the hook for that $6.5m.

Not sure why you’d want the guy to fail. If there’s anyone that deserves his money it’s Gallagher. Guy is a warrior, a model of consistency and we don’t appreciate him enough as a fan base. Happy he’s here and signed.

HeussLenfoire

Jan 21, 2021
I’m totally OK with the fact of rewarding a player who risks everything for the team on every single shift by adding one or two years to his contract.

Reactions: angusyoung
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad