Breakthrough season for Eichel

Incognito

Oct 18, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
Hot take indeed lol

I would trade Willie for Eichel everyday of the week, and twice on Sunday. After that I would go purchase a lottery ticket and never make another trade ever again.

You must just be kidding?

Seconded. I'm a diehard Leafs fan, but Eichel is quite clearly a cut above Nylander. Eichel definitely has his flaws, but the fact that he was even compared to Nylander in this thread shows that Eichel is starting to get underrated.

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
Jack has made huge strides in his overall effort and defensive game. He's far from perfect but he's not some one dimensional floater that doesn't try. Personally I have been happier with his all around game than I have been with his offensive game this season. He had a game where he blocked a shot in the last seconds and turned it into an empty netter, and he also saved a goal with a beautiful stick check in Arizona.

Reactions: Tage2Tuch

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
"Hey, bud, I can read a stat line. You guys who watch him every game don't know what you're talking about. insert-goofy-emoji-here"

Sometimes that's very true, though. Especially when players have all the talent in the world but no results, people quickly jump to false rationalizations about hockey IQ. You heard about Nathan MacKinnon up until halfway into last season. As a Flames fan I hear about it with Sam Bennett by people who can't see past the occasional botched play, and I'm still hearing it about Micheal Ferland with appeals to buzz words like consistency.

Heck even Sidney Crosby has his local doubters at times.

People seem to overestimate the cerebral aspect of the game trying to find the next Bergeron while overlooking game breaking skill from young players and can't reconcile that a lot of these young players are not finished products and certainly not in the best position to succeed. Steve Yzerman wasn't always the Steve Yzerman that we remember either.

As a Flames fan, I have seen enough of Jack Eichel to have zero doubt whatsoever he would hands down be the best player on my team. As far as comparisions to guys like Matthews and Barkov, is there any doubt those guys have better linemates and defensemen? And chemistry isn't just automatic, sometimes even the best players need the exact Kunitz or Burrows to complete their skillset.

Last edited:

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Jack has made huge strides in his overall effort and defensive game. He's far from perfect but he's not some one dimensional floater that doesn't try. Personally I have been happier with his all around game than I have been with his offensive game this season. He had a game where he blocked a shot in the last seconds and turned it into an empty netter, and he also saved a goal with a beautiful stick check in Arizona.

I’ve only seen 2 sabres games but I just don’t see it. To me he’s one of the worst defensive forwards on any team. He looks truly disinterested to me.

Reactions: jasonleaffan

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
He was an elite talent, and a great prospect. Grouping him as generational (the first of many wrongly labeled this by the draft media, there was Crosby and McDavid, everyone else was a high-level but not a once in a generation prospect) put unreal expectations on a kid to save a franchise that decided to bottom out in an organized way that hasn't been seen before in the NHL. I'm also not sure Eichel had the right temperament to be thrust into that position at 19, and Tim Murray didn't make it easy by deciding to immediately start gunning by trading futures for immediate help.

He can still be an elite player. He possesses size, strength and speed that very few others have. A couple things need to go his way though for things to truly breakout to something close to what was expected. One, the game needs to slow down for him at the speed he plays, this happened with MacKinnon. Although, MacKinnon's issue was more always going full-throttle and not seeing his options playing at that speed, Eichel tends to be indecisive and overly-slow down the game, which can burn an opportunity. Sometimes, the best move is to gain the zone and re-set, but when you possess the speed and strength Eichel does, you need to drive into high-danger areas more often, or immediately find the teammate flying into those areas. That's the major stylistic difference between how he plays compared to the players mentioned. Finding the motivation to do that on a losing team and often is difficult, but required in his situation. Secondly, he needs to wear the emotion on his sleeves a bit less. He can't let the frustration show up as often in interviews or in-shift changes. He's reduced it media-wise, but he needs to set the tone for the team, and being slow on changes or simplistic effort driven situations doesn't help set a positive tone.

Reactions: Rasmi

Beukeboom

Apr 1, 2007
I’ve only seen 2 sabres games but I just don’t see it. To me he’s one of the worst defensive forwards on any team. He looks truly disinterested to me.
Eichel has an effortless way of skating that I do think makes him come across as lazy. He is very fast without really looking like it.

With that being said I can at times be disappointed with his drive. I don't mean he's lazy but he hasn't showed the same drive and relentlessness that McDavid, Barzal and others have. This is the factor that I think will decide which level of player he'll be. He has all the tools to be an Art Ross winner.

But let's not forget he had a higher percentage of his team's primary points than McDavid or any one else for that matter before the injury. He led the league in an superior fashion in that department.

darcyRegier

Mar 27, 2017
Not to mention that Eichel plays against some of the toughest competition in the NHL night after night. Opposing teams match their #1 d-pairs and defensive lines against his line. If his line doesn't produce, the team loses as there is absolutely zero scoring depth behind him. Lots of pressure on the kid. He does have a lot to clean up in his game though, primarily his tenacity level.

People need to calm down, he's 21 and is surrounded by very little talent. Sabres have some young guns down in Rochester that will hopefully change that. Plus he still has 5 points in 6 games while the Sabres powerplay has gone something like 1 for 16 in the past three games.

I still strongly believe that he'll hit 85 points this year, which is fantastic for a 21/22 year old season.

Eat The Rich

Jun 17, 2017
The thought process is a tried-and-true HFB staple.

"Hey, bud, I can read a stat line. You guys who watch him every game don't know what you're talking about. insert-goofy-emoji-here"
That's how I see it.

Last year's stat line + Pre-Draft hype = HF Opinion.

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
Eichel for Drai. Lets do this. Come on Chia, botch another trade. Also offer a first and 3 million retained.

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
The guy is a great talent who could put up multiple 100 point seasons. He's not quite as good as Matthews, but he's certainly capable of being as good as MacKinnon.

The only problem I see is his game without the puck is poor. That's why he's bad defensively. Once he gets the puck he can carry it up the ice as well as anyone not McDavid.

The Sabres messed up not developing that part of his game. They just handed him 20 minutes off the bat. Gave him the keys to the car without going to driving school. You gotta start him with 16-17 minutes, leave some carrot in front of him, make him reliably play the right way before bumping it up.

Field of Dreams

Oct 10, 2011
Port Credit
Not to mention that Eichel plays against some of the toughest competition in the NHL night after night. Opposing teams match their #1 d-pairs and defensive lines against his line. If his line doesn't produce, the team loses as there is absolutely zero scoring depth behind him. Lots of pressure on the kid. He does have a lot to clean up in his game though, primarily his tenacity level.

People need to calm down, he's 21 and is surrounded by very little talent. Sabres have some young guns down in Rochester that will hopefully change that. Plus he still has 5 points in 6 games while the Sabres powerplay has gone something like 1 for 16 in the past three games.

I still strongly believe that he'll hit 85 points this year, which is fantastic for a 21/22 year old season.

This cant be used as an excuse when we are talking about a player of Eichels calibre. We are comparing him to McDavid, Matthews, MacKinnon after all.

darcyRegier

Mar 27, 2017
This cant be used as an excuse when we are talking about a player of Eichels calibre. We are comparing him to McDavid, Matthews, MacKinnon after all.

I agree, but when the team's success is 100% relying on his production its a lot of pressure to put on somebody. Our brutal powerplay is also taking a toll on his point production.

And even with all of that he's still a point per game #1 center which is not bad at all for a 21 year old. Yes he's not quite lived up to the hype but he still is so young. Give him a better supporting cast and some help offensively and I think he'll blossom into one of the best centers in the league. He already is one of the best transition players in the NHL outside of #97 and I think with proper coaching and him maturing more he can really shine.

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
The guy has all the talent in the world but he has no motor. What separates him from the Matthews/ McDavid/ MacKinnon (of last year) is those guys have elite effort and consistency. Very rarely do these guys take shifts off and almost never have off games. I've watched Jack play about 150 games from the NDTP all the way up to the Sabres and one thing that I still hold against him to this day is that he still lacks the effort. He's often the most talented and physically gifted player on the ice and that allowed him to dominate when he was younger because no amount of effort at that level would beat out the shear difference in talent. In the NHL, however, even the worst players have a decent amount of skill and unless you have a good motor and good compete, you will get outmuscled and out hustled by the opposition. Jack still hasn't adjusted to it.

To the person who called him this generations Phil Kessel. I 100% agree. Phil Kessel is an absolute monster and on the right team, he can be a massive contributor and a difference maker. But if you put him on a team as the main piece (like he was on the Leafs), that team probably won't go far.

Field of Dreams

Oct 10, 2011
Port Credit
I agree, but when the team's success is 100% relying on his production its a lot of pressure to put on somebody. Our brutal powerplay is also taking a toll on his point production.

And even with all of that he's still a point per game #1 center which is not bad at all for a 21 year old. Yes he's not quite lived up to the hype but he still is so young. Give him a better supporting cast and some help offensively and I think he'll blossom into one of the best centers in the league. He already is one of the best transition players in the NHL outside of #97 and I think with proper coaching and him maturing more he can really shine.

Yeah I agree with everything you are saying, expect for that one excuse for lack of a better word. If Eichel wasn't drawing top competition, he wouldn't deserve to be part of the conversation.

I don't doubt eichel will eventually produce in line with his skill and potential as the team around him improves. Sometimes we forget that before last year, MacKinnon was a disappointment to most.

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
Sometimes that's very true, though. Especially when players have all the talent in the world but no results, people quickly jump to false rationalizations about hockey IQ. You heard about Nathan MacKinnon up until halfway into last season. As a Flames fan I hear about it with Sam Bennett by people who can't see past the occasional botched play, and I'm still hearing it about Micheal Ferland with appeals to buzz words like consistency.

Heck even Sidney Crosby has his local doubters at times.

People seem to overestimate the cerebral aspect of the game trying to find the next Bergeron while overlooking game breaking skill from young players and can't reconcile that a lot of these young players are not finished products and certainly not in the best position to succeed. Steve Yzerman wasn't always the Steve Yzerman that we remember either.

As a Flames fan, I have seen enough of Jack Eichel to have zero doubt whatsoever he would hands down be the best player on my team. As far as comparisions to guys like Matthews and Barkov, is there any doubt those guys have better linemates and defensemen? And chemistry isn't just automatic, sometimes even the best players need the exact Kunitz or Burrows to complete their skillset.

You make some great points here. In regards to Matthews and Barkov, it's possible those players will be better than Eichel. Or vice versa. I don't think Eichel is automatically a failure if he's not as good as those 2 guys as we don't even know what they look like as a finished product.

Even if Eichel is worse than those guys, I still think he is capable enough to be a key piece to a very successful team. They key word being team. Buffalo has to get their act together and get the pieces they have and most likely some future pieces playing at a much higher level.

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
It's still really early too, Sabres fans are just really antsy about how the team has been playing. A lot can change, for example through 6 games last year Mackinnon had no goals and only 4 points.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Not happening. Same old Jack. A fresh start, a $10M a year contract, the captaincy and it means nothing. As a lifelong Sabres fan it's not easy to accept but accept we must. Many people here and elsewhere thought he'd break out in a way similar to Nathan Mackinnon, he won't, it's not in his personality though it's not all about his makeup as a person he's also got a fairly pedestrian hockey IQ, it's Year 4, he'll be a point per game or slightly better but the McDavids, Matthews's, Mackinnons have left him in the dust. His wingman Reinhart has 0 goals. The Sabres tanked hard and deliberately for 2 seasons, their fans suffered, and the reward for that suffering was Sam Reinhart and Jack Eichel. Hard to criticize the GM's, 31 other GM's would have taken Eichel 2nd overall and probably half of GM's would have taken Reinhart.

Better coaching would help but Sabres fans who cleave to that as some magic key that unlocks his potential are dreaming. Great talent, good player but generational was a fantasy and franchise player is looking to be beyond him as well.

The Sabres are 3-3 on the season, if they had last year's tandem of Lehner and Johnson in goal they'd be 1-5 or 0-6.

At first I thought this was a parody of some sort...but, no...it’s sadly real. They should put warnings before Buffalo Sabres games, since I know the guy who does the “Sabres Hockey is brought to you by” I should tell ol’ Ralph to add a disclaimer “WARNING: Watching your team lose for decades can cause delusional behaviour and misplaced anger, viewer discretion is advised”.

Tell me? How many wins does ROR have?

Evander Kane?

They both went to better teams and don’t have as many wins as a team captained by Jack Eichel.

Your not actually blaming the best player we’ve had in 20 years since HASEK who dances by every teams best d-men every game with ease and producers multiple glorious scoring chances a night are you? What about the others who aren’t producing? Goalless Sam? Housley for not playing Skinner with Eichel and giving up on that idea after one game we lost 4-0 which I I KNEW was more of an indication where the bruins were (5-1) then we probably were. As the records here indicate thus far (3-3). They did just come off a 7-0 loss and had a chance to get the taste out of their mouths 24 hours later.

People can say what they want but Eichs always been our leading scorer no matter how many games he plays, he’s our best forward in twenty five years since lafontaine and has had multiple chances every game. Some of them are ridiculously close that I can’t help but think would be goals on any other first line, Sheary fanning on an empty net tap in, Sam “I forget the season starts in October” Reinhart hitting how many posts fed to him by Eichel now? Is it four? Or just three? Seriously these aren’t just chances but would be goals, and has caught bad breaks like the “GOAL” he created through the legs he set up against the avs that was called a goal three times only for the fourth time to be said, nah that doesent count. The NHL needs to change that setup by the way. I’ve seen other fans complain but when it happens to you, yeah it’s annoying.

You talk about Mackinnon and Matthews and McD, yeah these guys are on an absolute tear, I agree that’s hard to watch at times even though I like mcdavid and the oilers but your looking at three teams here 27 other teams don’t he those guys either. We got an amazing franchise center who a lot of teams would want as the Third guy said.

He generates just as much offense or near it as all these other guys you named besides mcdavid and just because he doesn’t have a rantanen, marner, or nugent-Hopkins doesent make him less great. I wouldn’t even defend Eichel if he wasn’t all these things and I’d be right there with ya. He ain’t perfect man. But he’s far from the issue, he’s still just 22 after all .....and I’ve seen improvement in his maturity and leadership. Even his defensive game on some nights, no reason to think the other stuff Wont come.

This is about as misguided as the Edmonton journalists suggesting to trade mcdavid when they started 0-2. It’s called sticking with your team. Go for a run or something man. Blow off some steam, lol.

Eichel isn’t in conversation with Matthews, McDavid, or MacKinnon as it currently stands. Not close either.

Talent? He has enough to be up in that group, however....

Ability to play the team game that is hockey? This is where the current questions are. And boy will they get loud soon if he keeps phoning in games and only giving 100% when he’s angry or on an odd man rush.

You clearly haven’t warned him play...like ever.....

Not close to Mackinnon? Lol he outscored Mackinnon year before last despite missing an entire two months nd playing the whole year get as a 20 yr old kid. Matthews? He had a higher points per game then Matthews since Auston entered the league until just two weeks ago (0.94>>>0.88) and that’s despite going up against the legues top checkers, and coming off two sprained ankles. (While having to play two different and bad coaching systems)

I have no problem with anyone saying he’s not as good as them presently but saying he’s not evenose? That’s beyond ridiculous and would only come from someone who hasn’t watched him play the game, or hasn’t some agenda, or both. And deep down, you know that too. I wouldn’t even waste my time defending him if this wasn’t true.

Eichel for Drai. Lets do this. Come on Chia, botch another trade. Also offer a first and 3 million retained.

Are you kidding right now?

Trying to get eichel and then saying “botch another trade” you do realize Eichels averaged more points per game then auston Matthews since auston arrived in the NHL just until two weeks ago right?
The guy has all the talent in the world but he has no motor. What separates him from the Matthews/ McDavid/ MacKinnon (of last year) is those guys have elite effort and consistency. Very rarely do these guys take shifts off and almost never have off games. I've watched Jack play about 150 games from the NDTP all the way up to the Sabres and one thing that I still hold against him to this day is that he still lacks the effort. He's often the most talented and physically gifted player on the ice and that allowed him to dominate when he was younger because no amount of effort at that level would beat out the shear difference in talent. In the NHL, however, even the worst players have a decent amount of skill and unless you have a good motor and good compete, you will get outmuscled and out hustled by the opposition. Jack still hasn't adjusted to it.

To the person who called him this generations Phil Kessel. I 100% agree. Phil Kessel is an absolute monster and on the right team, he can be a massive contributor and a difference maker. But if you put him on a team as the main piece (like he was on the Leafs), that team probably won't go far.

He has a motor it’s just not channeled correctly. I’ve seen eichel turn it on so many times only for a dimwit to shoot the puck into the mesh, go offside, make a pass to far, fan on a tap in, etc

Your really not giving him enough credit here, he generates so much offense every game it isn’t even funny. Kessel use to flat out take games off and not care. Eichel cares more thn anyone on the team.

Last edited:

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Eichel is going to be a PPG center and that is enough for a stanley cup if you build around him.

McDavid is on another level than any other player in the league, but the Oilers are not close to cup contention. William f***ing Karlsson was enough to get to the finals last year. While an elite center is important (Buffalo has an elite center so I don't know what you're complaining about), it's not crucial to having a team capable of a deep playoff run.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton

Excellent post, and others might have also said it but i compared him to Kessel in this thread. Not only because i think he'd be an excellent "secondary" player but because of the abuse he takes about his compete level.

He just has to raise it for 25 games a couple times in his career in the right circumstances to get his name on a cup.

Reactions: nobody

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
He was an elite talent, and a great prospect. Grouping him as generational (the first of many wrongly labeled this by the draft media, there was Crosby and McDavid, everyone else was a high-level but not a once in a generation prospect) put unreal expectations on a kid to save a franchise that decided to bottom out in an organized way that hasn't been seen before in the NHL. I'm also not sure Eichel had the right temperament to be thrust into that position at 19, and Tim Murray didn't make it easy by deciding to immediately start gunning by trading futures for immediate help.

He can still be an elite player. He possesses size, strength and speed that very few others have. A couple things need to go his way though for things to truly breakout to something close to what was expected. One, the game needs to slow down for him at the speed he plays, this happened with MacKinnon. Although, MacKinnon's issue was more always going full-throttle and not seeing his options playing at that speed, Eichel tends to be indecisive and overly-slow down the game, which can burn an opportunity. Sometimes, the best move is to gain the zone and re-set, but when you possess the speed and strength Eichel does, you need to drive into high-danger areas more often, or immediately find the teammate flying into those areas. That's the major stylistic difference between how he plays compared to the players mentioned. Finding the motivation to do that on a losing team and often is difficult, but required in his situation. Secondly, he needs to wear the emotion on his sleeves a bit less. He can't let the frustration show up as often in interviews or in-shift changes. He's reduced it media-wise, but he needs to set the tone for the team, and being slow on changes or simplistic effort driven situations doesn't help set a positive tone.

I was ready to start some discussion with you here with your “Well he WAS once an elite talent....” which sounded more like the beginning of a Eulogy then a rational argument. Lol

However I’m inclined to agree with you on all points but that, He’s still an elite talent. Just depends on what defines elite to you, to me it means top 30 Forward number one center. Would the bottom five go ten teams in this league want him as a number one center right now? If the answer is yes then he is a top 30 forward. Finished 11th and 21st in PPG for players having played at least half a year in his second and third seasons despite not having a linemates with over 50ish pts.

I do welcome posts like this what you said and I think it’s sound advice. He does need to stop wearing his emotion on his sleeve.

I’ve payed close attention to this aspect In His game in the first six games. And the sad part is I think he’s trying to improve on these things but it’s just not there text. In the first game when Boston got that whooping and we were losing 4-0 last year he would of slammed the stick on the net and stormed off. This year he looked upset but didn’t get carried away. When we won last year same thing, he’s talk about how everything’s better and bla bla, but he was well take it and we like the atmosphere here now too.”

However it’s starting to slip again. In the vegas game he started showing his frustrations and I just think after a matter of time it catches up with you. He’s still just 22. He’s making an effort as captain I’ve noticed quite a few things he’s done differently but I just think it will take more time. Something sabres fans (as you can see with this thread) cant bear, but have no choice too. I have no problem with him as our number one center. I’ve watched the games and it’s hilarious how many points he could have already this season but doesent due to the inept ability to finish off plays. These are literally tap ins I’m talking about. But the way I see it. Over an 82 game schedule? Those are going to start hitting their mark.

But will the rest of them? Who knows and either way eichel is going to get the blame, some of which may be warranted ...but some of course not. That’s the way to goes in pro sports when your the lead dog on a team that isn’t winning.

Eichel is going to be a PPG center and that is enough for a stanley cup if you build around him.

McDavid is on another level than any other player in the league, but the Oilers are not close to cup contention. William ****ing Karlsson was enough to get to the finals last year. While an elite center is important (Buffalo has an elite center so I don't know what you're complaining about), it's not crucial to having a team capable of a deep playoff run.

Might not be crucial having a top center to get there but it’s certainly important.

Vegas was the exception not the rule.

Chicago pens la Boston Detroit all the last cup winners have elite centres. Kuz and Backstrom you could take your pick and even if the caps didn’t have them, having a generational talent in ovechkin would be another exception.

But I’m with you on your overall point though. The OP is just venting and doesent know where to put it. He’s watching mcdavid and Matthews putting up ridiculous numbers then blaming our best player we’ve had in two decades. It’s ridiculous.

Has anyone ever once stated "Eichel Hasn't Even Hit 70 Points Yet"?

Leaf fans, in every thread.

Including you, just now.

The kind of move made where you are hoping a C helps a player become something better than he is....which never happens.

No the kind of move where you realize he’s the best player you’ve had in twenty years and you hope the team becomes better. Which they have. It’s a low bar but so far they have had a better start .

Why on earth would they need a guy who’s averaged more points per game then Matthews coming into this season to be better.

Get over yourself, he could easily have two points per game already, he’s had points called off after they’ve been called good goals (highlights reel ones through the legs at that) multiple posts, empty net passes fanned on....these will all catch up. It’s too bad you live in a reality where you hope certain guys suck but then realize they dont so you keep on pretending they do with other fans of your team. Lol.

It should be noted that Mackinnon's point totals by season were...

2013 - 14: 63 points
2014 - 15: 38 points
2015 - 2016: 52 points
2016 - 2017: 53 points
2017 - 2018: 97 points

Eichel has realistically had better production in his career before Mackinnon had his insane season last year.

Why is a Mackinnon like break out impossible for Eichel? 2 seasons ago 98% of this board would rank him above Mackinnon..anything can happen.

Exactly, eichel even outscored Mackinnon in the 16-17 season and played the whole year after surgery missing two full months, while a healthy Mackinnon played the whole year and only came up with 53 pts for a second straight season. Eichs never even Finished that low in two injury shortened seasons, and was a kid at the time with no star on his line.

And not one person would take eichel over Mackinnon right now despite that fact. That alone is reason enough to not worry.

Eichel has 126 pts in his last 133 games despite all that, this thread orginated based on misplaced anger. That happens in pro sports, scapegoat central.

Last edited:

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
This is more about how little talent Edmonton has after McDavid.

Chiarelli has royally ****ed up that team.

And how is that situation for Connor in Edmonton different from eichel in buffalo? It’s the exact same thing. Lol

McDavids much better but they’re both in the same position.

They are both on teams that don’t make the playoffs and are currently captain of teams with a .500 record that don’t score without either of the two.

Yeah I agree with everything you are saying, expect for that one excuse for lack of a better word. If Eichel wasn't drawing top competition, he wouldn't deserve to be part of the conversation.

I don't doubt eichel will eventually produce in line with his skill and potential as the team around him improves. Sometimes we forget that before last year, MacKinnon was a disappointment to most.

And eichel hasn’t disappointed anywhere near what Mackinnon did in hiis first few years.

Mackinnon has 38 pts in 68 games, 52 and 53 in full 72 game seasons.

Eichels has 56 as his lowest then 57 in 61 and 64 in 67; now had 5 in 6 and the sad thing is he’s had goals called off and teammates who have hit multiple posts, guy will easily be PPG this year if healthy. Easily.

With eichel: 215gms, 83-104-28, 194pts, .451pts%
W/O eichel: 37gms, 13-17-7, 33pts, .446pts%

Your actually making the suggestion that a guy who had a role in 33 percent of his teams total offense last year despite him missing twenty percent of the season would he better off without?

He creates all the offense, someone never watches the sabres. You’d think every time he plays the leafs him lighting you up like a Christmas tree would show something? Or maybe that’s why there’s such a a grudge? Make more sense then the small sample size your posting.

It’s a stupid comparison. Of course after 37 games a record four games below .500 look More glamorous kids then a record in 200 Games that is longer and harder to sustain with one of the worst teams in the league.

It’s not even a winning record.

Look what removing ROR and Kane did.

Both those guys go to better teams and don’t even have tree wins. But a team that finished dead last captained now by Jack Eichel does.

Keep up with your propaganda you know nothing about the player and live on here just to try and find anything you can to put him down. It’s sad Zeke.

Well poor Eichel he seems to be the whipping boy when things are not working. Hard to do something with the team he has though playing with Sheary and Reinhart. Give him someone like Rantanen and I think that Eichel would produce PPG or more. I'll admit that I don't particularly watch the Sabres but the game they played against the Avs seemed like he was dangerous everytime he had the puck he even did an amazing play that led to a goal that got waived off sadly. It's hard to do wonders when your team is that bad.

Thank you. That’s basically what I’ve been saying the entire time to people who don’t watch him.

Even when they lose he’s always doing something.

You have a hell of a talent in Mackinnon!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad