Breakthrough players for 2018-19 season

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Loko is going with youth.

I like it.
Loko got rid of two really solid foreigners "seconds" before the season start. What should they do now? They of all teams have the most young talent in the system and it's great to see all those players in the KHL, but they are still weird at managing assets.

DivochLubo

Feb 28, 2007
I saw Loko game with Slovan, and very good game from Yurtaikin-Alexeyev-Denisenko line.

Hockey2314

Aug 15, 2017
Adam Liska from Slovan with first KHL and GWG goal today. Not bad for 18 years old. 5 games and 1+2.

Simple hockey

Aug 21, 2018
Loko got rid of two really solid foreigners "seconds" before the season start. What should they do now? They of all teams have the most young talent in the system and it's great to see all those players in the KHL, but they are still weird at managing assets.
It’s very simple the coach an there star player Kozun patched up there differences an now u c the results loko is rolling an Kozun is in the top 20! In scoring. They may of gone about it the wrong way but the results speak for them selves.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada

Lots of young talent but have struggled to turn over any top end forward talents at the KHL level in recent years. Polunin nose dived, why cant Slepets make it out of the MHL, etc. No shortage of junior NT players in their system, but only seem to turn out average KHL forwards. Lots of guys with promise and high ceilings, but Im not going to start counting the chickens until the season is over.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Lots of young talent but have struggled to turn over any top end forward talents at the KHL level in recent years. Polunin nose dived, why cant Slepets make it out of the MHL, etc. No shortage of junior NT players in their system, but only seem to turn out average KHL forwards. Lots of guys with promise and high ceilings, but Im not going to start counting the chickens until the season is over.
They never had any top of the crop talents in the system, so it is quite inadequate to claim more. Those players develop pretty well and inside the projected frame. None of them was expected to rock the world. But they turn out quite good pros. As Loko recruites mostly from the system that is the reason they can't get over the hump. No game breaking talents to do so.

Polunin hasn't nose dived at all. He never was the best out of the trio of him and Kraskovskiy - Korshkov. And none of them is projected to be a superstar.

Slepets is wildly overrated if you expect mind blowing acheivements. Obviously Loko doesn't shy away from putting young players on the big team. If Slepets was good enough by now he'd be on the roster every night.

For now this team has disposed of CSKA yesternight with confidence for a 4th straight win. Seems like they give the right guys the nod.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
It’s very simple the coach an there star player Kozun patched up there differences an now u c the results loko is rolling an Kozun is in the top 20! In scoring. They may of gone about it the wrong way but the results speak for them selves.
They are always good in the regular season...

Milos Krasic

Best Serbian Footballer (2009) / Serie A Winner
Jul 1, 2008
It was a shitty way to treat Desharnais. He’s not lighting it up with Omsk, but still came off as unprofessional.

Gyfu

May 16, 2011
hails from a canadian (french canadian actually, and a lifelong habs fan) i've always had a sweet spot for russian players, just like the way you guys play the game the right way (imo)... the real reason i'm posting here this morning is about A.Romanov, i'm getting to understand junior players don't usually play in the khl all that much, how good is he really? is he just there because his of his overall skillset (i hear his skating is great, his shot is great, he's a solid physical presence (i would assume his footwork compensates for his average size))... esspecially playing for cska as a teenager, i'd like to know what russian (oor any other posters that's seen him) think of him and if he deserves that spot or is it favoritism (again, i've heard he's the grandson or some family ties to a well known hockey family

Gyfu

May 16, 2011
... not trying to start any b*******, just genuinely curious... i do understand the khl+vhl (men's leagues, basically your nhl+ahl)... mhl is like the chl (ohl/whl/qmjhl) over here, again an assumption, that's where Romanov was supposed to play ultimately? thanks in advance for the answers

Gyfu

May 16, 2011
sorry for my ignorence, those were honest questions as i have limited viewing options and knowledge of that league/country's ways of dealing with prospects or players in general, just hope he's a good prospect, i like what i've seen so far honestly... mobile, quick transition, well-rounded, no-nonsense type... tell me if i'm wrong

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
If a junior player is good enough, he gets a chance in the KHL.

Alexander Romanov´s grandfather is Zinetula Bilyaletdinov, the head coach of Ak Bars Kazan.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
sorry for my ignorence, those were honest questions as i have limited viewing options and knowledge of that league/country's ways of dealing with prospects or players in general, just hope he's a good prospect, i like what i've seen so far honestly... mobile, quick transition, well-rounded, no-nonsense type... tell me if i'm wrong
It isn't nepotism but KHL rules which make him play there, teams must have 1 '98 and 1 '99 born player in the lineup. If not for this rule he would be playing in the MHL.

The fact that he gets to play over 10 minutes per game at times shows that he isn't completely lost at the KHL level either, for some teams having those young players in the lineup means exactly having them, not playing them. Romanov isn't such case.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Who is Nikita Mikhailov?
Nobody knows quite yet, some guy from Novosibirsk. It's just a lucky streak he's having though.

Is demidov playing very well?
Well his team just lost 6 in a row so nobody on it is playing "very well". But he's holding his own at least. He is the only player on the team with positive +/- and when you are playing 20 minutes per game that's pretty damn good.

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
I really hope Grigorenko becomes the player he was meant to be. He is still just 24, people forget that. There have been plenty of cases of players being late bloomers. Hopefully, he is that. His development would be big for Russian hockey.

Reactions: Fixxer

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
They never had any top of the crop talents in the system, so it is quite inadequate to claim more. Those players develop pretty well and inside the projected frame. None of them was expected to rock the world. But they turn out quite good pros. As Loko recruites mostly from the system that is the reason they can't get over the hump. No game breaking talents to do so.

Polunin hasn't nose dived at all. He never was the best out of the trio of him and Kraskovskiy - Korshkov. And none of them is projected to be a superstar.

Slepets is wildly overrated if you expect mind blowing acheivements. Obviously Loko doesn't shy away from putting young players on the big team. If Slepets was good enough by now he'd be on the roster every night.

For now this team has disposed of CSKA yesternight with confidence for a 4th straight win. Seems like they give the right guys the nod.

Slepets not overrated, has high end skills and was one of the best forwards his age at the U18 level.
Polunin was has a much higher offensive ceiling than those 2 guys and has absolutely nose-dived since a solid KHL start to his career and now in revival mode.... plenty of NT talent, none of the cream has risen. Kayumov having a hot start and maybe, but will have to wait. Other teams have created more with less

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Slepets not overrated, has high end skills and was one of the best forwards his age at the U18 level.
Polunin was has a much higher offensive ceiling than those 2 guys and has absolutely nose-dived since a solid KHL start to his career and now in revival mode.... plenty of NT talent, none of the cream has risen. Kayumov having a hot start and maybe, but will have to wait. Other teams have created more with less
How come Kraskovskiy and Korshkov score the same amount of points on the same team and take no nose dives? Your claim bout Polunin is absurd. If anything he should be able to prove his worth on another team now, right?

Define NT talent. NT talent as in EHT NT? I don't care much about that. None of the cream has ever been with Loko. They develop a lot of talent, but have no luck having a top notch superstar among them. And that's a thing of luck, not the school unlike the average amount of pros produced. "Other teams" do not create super talented players, their parents do. Of course ou can develop a player the right and the wrong way, but those sipertalents are rare and you can't teach that.Yaroslavl has no luck so far unless for Provorov, but he happned to leave earlier than anybody.

For the record, if you think Slepets is somehow a guy who should be ripping the KHL apart by now you put him on the same level as guys like Kúznetsov or Tarasenko. If you do that, yu overrate him. And otherwise he should not get minutes in the KHL at 19 just like that.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Could you write the rules here?

I can try. So the main idea of the rule is that, comparing to the foreigner limit, it is about the carrot rather than the stick.

KHL rules are stating that the game roster is consisting just of 20 players (which is enough to dress 6D+12FW), but the roster can be extended to 21 players if you add a U21 player and even to 22 players if you add U20 player. So the overall formula for the max game roster is 20 players + 1 U21 player + 1 U20 player. Criteria for the U21/U20 is the birth year - so this season U21 player means 1998 (and earlier) born player and U20 means 1999 (and earlier) born player.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Thoughts on Denis Barantsev? I see that he has bounced around the league.
Not that much of bouncing around the league, he was in Dynamo system for his whole pro career before moving to Torpedo with a season-long loan spell to hometown Togliatti. It's just that he could never quite crack Dynamo roster despite even being invited to play in EHT during the Lada loan spell.

Long story short, really good clapper but so-so defensively. A bit like Kulyash just not as fat and less defensive blunders. Last year was really his coming out party.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad