Waived: Breaking: Hearing Rangers have waived Diaz, Megna.

Wolfy*

coach and management staff that likes him on the team. Glass played pretty well in preseason

He also played well in the playoffs, it hasn't been forgotten. And you're right, also teammates like him a lot.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I watch every game with my own eyes and there is nothing effective about Tanner Glass playing ice hockey. And it's so obvious to me, and the average viewer at all, that Glass is ineffective that I frankly don't give a **** about AV's perspective, because it's wrong.

This is exactly what i was asking people not to do in response to my post.

Good for you on all of that. But sometimes people like to try to analyze what is happening.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
This is exactly what i was asking people not to do in response to my post.

Good for you on all of that. But sometimes people like to try to analyze what is happening.

If there's nothing there, what is AV seeing exactly, is my point. What is AV seeing on the ice? We're all dying to know, and not some cryptic "it's just what he likes" answer.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
He also played well in the playoffs, it hasn't been forgotten.

Glass played well in the playoffs should be restated to say, he played better than he did in the regular season where he was one of the worst forwards in the league. In other words he sucked less but still sucked.

You also said Diaz had an excellent preseason. I think I will look elsewhere for player evaluations, thank you.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
If there's nothing there, what is AV seeing exactly, is my point. What is AV seeing on the ice? We're all dying to know, and not some cryptic "it's just what he likes" answer.

We know what the answer is, and it has nothing to do with his ability to actually help the team in any fashion. That's a problem.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC

You seriously need this answer? Again? It's been at least 10 times.

He's likes that Glass skates, plays physical and stands up for his teammates. He likes that Glass is a glue guy. His teammates like having him around and it further makes them want to play for each other.

What AV likes is very, very simple. Personally, I don't think they outweigh the negatives, but I feel like I understand what he likes.

Wolfy*

You also said Diaz had an excellent preseason. I think I will look elsewhere for player evaluations, thank you.

As the GM said, they had no choice but to release Diaz. I knew that, but still supported him. With 4 points he was one of the best Rangers this pre-season.

Btw, maybe you actually should start listening to me, I was one of very few who said Glass stays ;)

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
As the GM said, they had no choice but to release Diaz. I knew that, but still supported him. With 4 points he was one of the best Rangers this pre-season.

Btw, maybe you actually should start listening to me, I was one of very few who said Glass stays ;)

If he was one of the best players he'd be on the team. 4 points doesn't accurately tell the story of his preseason for the hundredth time.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007

Diaz was good on the PP. Unfortunately he was bad everywhere else.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess

No he really wasn't and I don't see how that's close. They were all power play points. He isn't going to be on the power play in the regular season, there are at least 3 dmen that are more offensively inclined, not to mention a couple of forwards that are eminently more talented than Diaz on the point. Again, for a guy so talented offensively, 3 goals is the most he has ever scored.

Not too mention he gave the puck up like he was giving out candy on halloween. He was terrible on the back end. Also for a guy that has a really good skill level his outlet passes were borderline terrible.

As far as you predicting Glass is on the team I will give you that. I was hoping AV would come to his senses, that was my fault.

Wolfy*

If he was one of the best players he'd be on the team. 4 points doesn't accurately tell the story of his preseason for the hundredth time.

Trust me, they'd really like to keep him, but there just wasn't room because of what they decided to do up front. It was out of the question to waive McIlrath, and no other D is on the move at this point.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey

What a coincidence, he had 4 points all last season too. :clittle:

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008

He's likes that Glass skates, plays physical and stands up for his teammates. He likes that Glass is a glue guy. His teammates like having him around and it further makes them want to play for each other.

What AV likes is very, very simple. Personally, I don't think they outweigh the negatives, but I feel like I understand what he likes.

And that is a good enough reason to have a less talented overall roster than they could have? And having a lesser talented roster is fair to the other players on it just because the coach or even because some of the other players like a lesser talented player? Or the paying fans, they should have to pay to see a lesser talented roster, who has a lesser chance of being as good as they could be, because the coaching likes someone?

Does that like quotient also effect who they may draft, trade for, sign?

I know I am being dramatic and overly, but seriously this is so obviously the wrong on ice roster move I don't think being overly dramatic is uncalled for.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
And that is a good enough reason to have a less talented overall roster than they could have? And having a lesser talented roster is fair to the other players on it just because the coach or even because some of the other players like a lesser talented player? Or the paying fans, they should have to pay to see a lesser talented roster, who has a lesser chance of being as good as they could be, because the coaching likes someone?

Does that like quotient also effect who they may draft, trade for, sign?

I know I am being dramatic and overly, but seriously this is so obviously the wrong on ice roster move I don't think being overly dramatic is uncalled for.

Talent isn't the only aspect of the game. You need people taking shifts who advance the cause of team unity.

But if you look at my post that sparked that, I wasn't really even talking about that. In the context of a player they like in Tanner Glass and a new player they think they'd like more in Emerson Etem, but who is having trouble adjusting, keeping both for now makes total sense.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here

As much as I cant stand Glass, the basis of what Tawnos is stating is true. Hockey and professional athletics isn't just about what we see on the TV every other night. There's a lot more to it.

As much as the fans want to ***** and complain about the roster and why he shouldn't be on it (and our reasons are very substantiated) there's plenty of intangibles, customs & cultures built into how a successful team operates (and more importantly what the coach and upper management believes contributes to that) I think that's all Tawnos is bringing to light here. It has merit.

Now everyone can fire away at it if they don't like it, but its the truth whether we like it or not. Everything is weighed out carefully by the Rangers. Everything is taken into consideration for the greater good of the team and ultimately what will make this team a champion. Every team makes some boneheaded choices along the way but im going to give Jeff and AV the benefit of the doubt on this one because they've proven to us that they know what to do be successful. For the most part.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
I think the criticism of Glass as a player has merit.

But then there is the merit of Glass as a team mate.

We're not on the team. We're not in the room. So none of us can speak to that. Other than to say that there is obviously more here than meets the eye.

That said, if we trade Dom Moore to keep Tanner Glass....yeah that would be more than a little upsetting.

Wolfy*

What a coincidence, he had 4 points all last season too. :clittle:

I believe AV would definitely like to play Diaz on the 2nd pp unit, but we just couldn't let go of our young hero who so bravely stood up for Hank.

*Bob Richards*

With regards to Glass, I'm sure the Penguins/Canucks board had similar posts trying to decipher the lunacy that is his continued employment.

Oh well, at least we all have our common ground *****ing point lol.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
Glass sucks at hockey and AV knows it, he was nearly in hysterics when Glass scored last season, the only other time I've seen him smile and laugh so much was when Fiddler did the Bieksa impression

He keeps him on the team for other reasons just like Bylsma did for the Penguins

Jim Ramsay

Jul 1, 2003
Warwick, NY
I did think that Diaz from an offensive standpoint this preseason looked good, but wow was his play in the neutral zone and defensive zone not good at all... and unfortunately for a guy that is 29 and is supposed to be an offensive defenseman, the fact that he has a career high of 3 goals in a season and only got 49 points in over 200 nhl games, while being subpar at defense, isn't enough to stick around at this level....I take McIlrath 10/10 times over Diaz

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
As much as I cant stand Glass, the basis of what Tawnos is stating is true. Hockey and professional athletics isn't just about what we see on the TV every other night. There's a lot more to it.

As much as the fans want to ***** and complain about the roster and why he shouldn't be on it (and our reasons are very substantiated) there's plenty of intangibles, customs & cultures built into how a successful team operates (and more importantly what the coach and upper management believes contributes to that) I think that's all Tawnos is bringing to light here. It has merit.

Now everyone can fire away at it if they don't like it, but its the truth whether we like it or not. Everything is weighed out carefully by the Rangers. Everything is taken into consideration for the greater good of the team and ultimately what will make this team a champion. Every team makes some boneheaded choices along the way but im going to give Jeff and AV the benefit of the doubt on this one because they've proven to us that they know what to do be successful. For the most part.

Yeah that's pretty much where I was headed. And this all goes back to the difference between attempting to analyze what teams do and judging what teams do. There's definitely a place for both.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad