#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
All the signs were there if Hank was not so close to Walt

Skilled chemist
Equipment missing from Walt's school lab
Walt's strange behaviour - two cell phones
Walt all of a sudden having money

Hank just can't make that leap until he reads the book.

The money thing is what gets me. While Walt was smart and didnt start buying Rolex's, Ferrari's and McMansions did Hank not wonder how on earth a teacher with a $50 K salary purchased even the car wash?

I'm rewatching the series with my wife, who's seeing it for the first time. Even knowing where each character ends up, I don't always remember how they got there. There are so many intricate details woven into each episode that some subplots still surprise me. Couldn't remember the story behind Walt saying those classic lines, "I am the danger", "Say my name"; couldn't remember how he scienced his way out of various impending disasters, and then the scenes happened and it all climaxed like the chorus of your favourite song.

We're in season 5, with four episodes left. For me, the show every bit as riveting and suspenseful the second time around. For my wife, it's her summer binge-watch. We both agree that season 4's finale (Fring's resolution) was one of the best TV episodes ever made. Absolutely brilliant.

I've come across it now and then on Wikipedia and I immediately get distracted and spend 2 hours reading about the show as if I've never seen it anymore.

Strange idea is also about the scene, when Walter killed this 2 drug dealers with his car. After that, he simply has repaired his car and that was. No police investigation, no CSI Albuquerque

That scene was the part where I realized just how much WW had transformed.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
The money thing is what gets me. While Walt was smart and didnt start buying Rolex's, Ferrari's and McMansions did Hank not wonder how on earth a teacher with a $50 K salary purchased even the car wash?

They concocted the story where Walt created a Blackjack couting system. Even tied it in with his disappearance stating he went bust one night.

They told Hank and Marie he earned in the seven figures. One of my favourite scenes is when Skyler is practising with Walt and he keeps losing even though he's playing it right. Walt goes, "wait I'm in recovery.."

Last edited:
Reactions: Voight

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
They concocted the poker story where Walt created a Blackjack couting system. Even tied it in with his disappearance stating he went bust one night.

They told Hank and Marie he earned in the seven figures. One of my favourite scenes is when Skyler is practising with Walt and he keeps losing even though he's playing it right. Walt goes, "wait I'm in recovery.."

You'd think Hank/Marie would be smart enough to realize a teacher makes nowhere near that, unless he's some really good investor on the side. But IIRC they are both aware of the White's financial issues, especially with a disabled son.

I guess at the end of the day its nobody's business how you make your money, just hard to hide it when your brother in law is a high up DEA agent :laugh: (& when its millions and millions of extra income :naughty: )

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
You'd think Hank/Marie would be smart enough to realize a teacher makes nowhere near that, unless he's some really good investor on the side. But IIRC they are both aware of the White's financial issues, especially with a disabled son.

I guess at the end of the day its nobody's business how you make your money, just hard to hide it when your brother in law is a high up DEA agent :laugh: (& when its millions and millions of extra income :naughty: )

but... the poker story explained it.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Did Walter ever declare that income from gambling on his taxes?

Also he says he won the money playing blackjack counting cards, not poker.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Did Walter ever declare that income from gambling on his taxes?

Also he says he won the money playing blackjack counting cards, not poker.

I meant Blackjack. They never talk about his taxes but Saul is laundering money for him at one point through the Website. I feel like not enough to cover the Carwash purchase. It someone went digging it wouldn't be too hard to uncover.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
I don't think it was about the cigarette getting lifted from him specifically, more that he realized that basically everything in his life was being manipulated by Walter, including the narrative that Gus Fring poisoned Brock (which in itself was flimsy).

As soon as he realizes his weed was taken, Jesse goes into a frenzy, holding Saul at gunpoint to make him admit Walt had Brock poisoned despite the fact Brock was not poisoned by ricin. This was the reason for Jesse to turn on Walt and cooperate with the DEA. He would not have done this if not for this realization, which was a terrible stretch. I can agree that Gus poisoning Brock is also a stretch but Jesse was in an emotional state plus that was one of many reasons to kill Gus, Jesse was trying to with kill him even before Brock was poisoned, not to mention Jesse had nothing to do with Gus' death

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
As soon as he realizes his weed was taken, Jesse goes into a frenzy, holding Saul at gunpoint to make him admit Walt had Brock poisoned despite the fact Brock was not poisoned by ricin. This was the reason for Jesse to turn on Walt and cooperate with the DEA. He would not have done this if not for this realization, which was a terrible stretch. I can agree that Gus poisoning Brock is also a stretch but Jesse was in an emotional state plus that was one of many reasons to kill Gus, Jesse was trying to with kill him even before Brock was poisoned, not to mention Jesse had nothing to do with Gus' death

The entire poison to pickpocket storyline is subpar, and probably needed more detail. How the heck did Walt even poison the kid?

Jesse just saved Gus' life and is his only cook. Why would Gus mess with him?

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
We know that, talking about how he delivered it to the kid. It was suggested in a juice box at school which is insane.

Hmmm yeah idk. He knew where they lived and was pretty good at sneaking around though, so I don’t see it as that unbelievable. When I watched it a few weeks ago it didn’t take me out of the story at all.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
i hated walt more and more as the series went on

he was an egotistical, power-hungry a-hole who had no care in the world for his family
See it was the opposite for me... I liked him more and more and wanted it to go his way in the end.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John

Looking forward to the movie. Don't know what to expect but I'm just glad to get more Breaking Bad.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk

Looking forward to the movie. Don't know what to expect but I'm just glad to get more Breaking Bad.

Interesting. From the comments bellow the original article:

My friend is a screenwriter in LA & writes for a couple shows. (Not a writer for breaking bad to be clear, don’t want to mislead anyone) however because of his work, co workers past & present in the industry he hears things here & there & occasionally will tell me little bits because he knows how much of a film buff I am lol. Ok that being said I will say that while he has not said if he knows if Walter is alive or not, but he DID tell me Brian Cranston has definitely been on set more than once. So could he just be there for fun? It’s possible, but my guess is either Walter survives, or at the very least he will have small scene or two as a figment of Jesse or other characters thoughts. Just my guess

Reactions: Tuggy

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
i hated walt more and more as the series went on

he was an egotistical, power-hungry a-hole who had no care in the world for his family

Yep. I spent most of the last couple seasons hating Walt's guts. Pinkman was hard to like, too. So whiny and mopey.
The only main characters worth a damn were Hank and his wife.
Hank's final scene.... brutal.

Still, at the end, I was rooting for Hank because he tried to do the right thing for Pinkman and his family.

The Shadow

Feb 9, 2013
Love that BB is about a guy that wants to provide for his family as he’s expecting to die and in the process his greed for power and the thrill of it changes him and there’s no going back

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad