TV: Breaking Bad

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
It's still just a really good show. Not really close to the best show ever some claim it is.

In terms of quality, I don't think it was, however, it may have been the best story line ever, or possibly the best character arc in television history

Reactions: Voight

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
So I’m super late to the party, but I just finished breaking bad last night. I started watching it years ago but lost interest early season 3 I believe and just picked it back up a month ago it so. Season 3,4, and 5 are definitely stronger. Seasons 1 and 2 were a chore to get through. I didn’t love the finale, but it definitely did a good job of ending the series. Fring should’ve been the final guy they fought. Todd and his family felt very shoehorned in. They gave them zero personality.

Overall a really good show and I’m glad I went back and finished it.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I think he was just messing around, there is no indication he ever follows up on it until he comes across the book in the bathroom. Then it all clicks.

The explanation given is so perfect that there was really no reason to follow up

When Hank asks if W. W. means Walter White, it certainly didn't seem like he was just messing around

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
The explanation given is so perfect that there was really no reason to follow up

When Hank asks if W. W. means Walter White, it certainly didn't seem like he was just messing around

Knowing Hank from the show he would follow up on it if he thought something was there. He always views Walt as this brainiac nerd. It was a really good scene and it set up later events. Who knows what he was thinking?

We have a drunk Walt later stating Gale couldn't possibly be the mastermind.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Hank demonstrates no suspicion of Walter as Heisenberg until he comes across the book in the S5 midseason finale.

Him making the "W.W." joke earlier on is simply a different version of the same joke he made back in S1 when he visited Walter at his class.

"Hank: We don't want people to start wondering about you, right? *laughs*

Walt: *laughs* Right, no, absolutely not."

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
All the signs were there if Hank was not so close to Walt

Skilled chemist
Equipment missing from Walt's school lab
Walt's strange behaviour - two cell phones
Walt all of a sudden having money

Hank just can't make that leap until he reads the book.

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
Willy Wonka lives to cook meth another day.

I still suspect Woody Woodpecker had something to do with it, too.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
There is suppose to be a movie coming out that is going to be about what happened to Jesse after he escaped in the final episode.

I think we all hoped he learned his lesson, laid low and straight. That wouldn't make for a good show though and he would have to be an emotional wreck. BB did a great job showing Jesse running through the gambit of emotions, depression, dispair ect. I don't care for watching it though.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I'm rewatching the series with my wife, who's seeing it for the first time. Even knowing where each character ends up, I don't always remember how they got there. There are so many intricate details woven into each episode that some subplots still surprise me. Couldn't remember the story behind Walt saying those classic lines, "I am the danger", "Say my name"; couldn't remember how he scienced his way out of various impending disasters, and then the scenes happened and it all climaxed like the chorus of your favourite song.

We're in season 5, with four episodes left. For me, the show every bit as riveting and suspenseful the second time around. For my wife, it's her summer binge-watch. We both agree that season 4's finale (Fring's resolution) was one of the best TV episodes ever made. Absolutely brilliant.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
I'm rewatching the series with my wife, who's seeing it for the first time. Even knowing where each character ends up, I don't always remember how they got there. There are so many intricate details woven into each episode that some subplots still surprise me. Couldn't remember the story behind Walt saying those classic lines, "I am the danger", "Say my name"; couldn't remember how he scienced his way out of various impending disasters, and then the scenes happened and it all climaxed like the chorus of your favourite song.

We're in season 5, with four episodes left. For me, the show every bit as riveting and suspenseful the second time around. For my wife, it's her summer binge-watch. We both agree that season 4's finale (Fring's resolution) was one of the best TV episodes ever made. Absolutely brilliant.

Someone here said, that Walter had also a gag about Federal Hockey League. Be aware!

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
All the signs were there if Hank was not so close to Walt

Skilled chemist
Equipment missing from Walt's school lab
Walt's strange behaviour - two cell phones
Walt all of a sudden having money

Hank just can't make that leap until he reads the book.

this 100%

but to answer the question, no i don't think hank suspected walt at that very moment when he's going through gail's notes with walt there

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com

It really is detailed when you pay attention to it. Some people only care about action only but this show put in a ton of effort. Had a rewatch a few months ago and it's really the cinematography that caught me again along with the music for particular scenes.

Reactions: Supermassive

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
It really is detailed when you pay attention to it. Some people only care about action only but this show put in a ton of effort. Had a rewatch a few months ago and it's really the cinematography that caught me again along with the music for particular scenes.
Yeah, the cinematography was spectacular! Those cool low-angle shots, the time-lapses, the intense yellows and blues -- the show had a really distinct look on top of writing that mapped out the plot like a master battleplan.

Reactions: Supermassive

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Anyone else think the leap Jesse made to Walt poisoning Brock was real dumb?

Because his weed got lifted off of him he immediately comes to the conclusion that the same thing happened to his ricin cigarette despite him finding his cigarette and the ricin wasnt the cause of Brock's sickness

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com

Because his weed got lifted off of him he immediately comes to the conclusion that the same thing happened to his ricin cigarette despite him finding his cigarette and the ricin wasnt the cause of Brock's sickness

It was a stretch but at that point he didn’t trust Walt at all - he was pretty sure he had Mike killed and was looking for any reason to confirm it.

Possible he just don’t buy it ending up in the roomba with Walt around. I almost think Walt’s scheme of poisoning Broch to create a rift with Gus was a larger leap

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Strange idea is also about the scene, when Walter killed this 2 drug dealers with his car. After that, he simply has repaired his car and that was. No police investigation, no CSI Albuquerque

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Mike was the best character for me. I really didn’t care much for Walt. He seemed more like an addicted coward to me most of the series than a badass. Also liked Jesse, who got f***ed over 1000 times. Poor guy.

Reactions: Voight

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008

I don't think it was about the cigarette getting lifted from him specifically, more that he realized that basically everything in his life was being manipulated by Walter, including the narrative that Gus Fring poisoned Brock (which in itself was flimsy).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad