Injury Report: Braydon Coburn: out indefinitely, separated shoulder

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
Make it an Amazing Race challenge: the first Phantom defenseman who makes it to Philadelphia -- dressed in complete hockey gear and uniform for the whole trip -- is on the top-pairing for the next game.

Thank you for making me spit out my food on my keyboard from laughing:laugh::laugh::laugh:

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
I'm sure the Coburn sympathists are rejoicing now that Captain Craptacular is hurt and there's no chance he'll be moving anywhere. Honestly, can this season get any worse?

RoDu

May 22, 2003
Winnipeg
Visit site
it would make more sense to bring up a kid who can show what he's got/get learning exp rather than some old never has been, would it not?

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
Make it an Amazing Race challenge: the first Phantom defenseman who makes it to Philadelphia -- dressed in complete hockey gear and uniform for the whole trip -- is on the top-pairing for the next game.
What position do Bates and Anthony Battaglia play? They are currently in first place on The Amazing Race. Sure, one's retired and the other is currently in the ECHL but...

Couturier Post

Aug 10, 2011
With Coburn out, think there would be any merit giving Sean Couturier the Sami Kapanen treatment the rest of the season? At this point it couldn't hurt.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
I'm sure the Coburn sympathists are rejoicing now that Captain Craptacular is hurt and there's no chance he'll be moving anywhere. Honestly, can this season get any worse?

Yes but not much. The kids will be tested that is for sure. Just have to remember there is always payback down the road:sarcasm:

OzFlyers

Registered Boozer
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
@AnthonySan37 2m
#Flyers D B. Coburn has a separated shoulder and D A. Meszaros is heading under the knife.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
With Coburn out, think there would be any merit giving Sean Couturier the Sami Kapanen treatment the rest of the season? At this point it couldn't hurt.

Why do people keep insisting this? Couturier is not a defenseman. Period.

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
No care ever about the injury, but I'm just hoping someone other than Lilja gets the call. It'd be great to see Lauridsen, and I'm really rooting for him to make it. I don't think this'll happen, though.

edit: Oh, haha, didn't even see the thread about Lauridsen actually getting recalled.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
He's done. Separated shoulders are miserable too. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Even a minor class one separation is like a 6-8 week injury.

nuclear reactor

Apr 5, 2010
Profound disrespect for the defenseman to think a forward can just fill in his role at an NHL level with competence.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad