Brayden Schenn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
I'm ready for him to be moved. Sure his production was alright last year considering his TOI and such, but the eye test tells a different story for me.

I'm glad the flyers are unhappy with him because they should be. We were *****ing about him most of last year, and I don't see him as a core piece for the future.

Man, if the Flyers could have gotten Voynov instead of Schenn that trade would have been legendary. Maybe legendary is the wrong word, but you get my point.

healthyscratch

Jun 19, 2007
Philly
Well now I believe it less.:sarcasm:

If they trade a young forward for a defensemen again it better be a real one, not a project we hope bounces back.

Thinking the same thing. Is Sekera any good, Carolina asking a lot apparently? I don't see the point of a dman though. :dunno:

Flyrs21

Dec 17, 2006
I'm ready for him to be moved. Sure his production was alright last year considering his TOI and such, but the eye test tells a different story for me.

I'm glad the flyers are unhappy with him because they should be. We were *****ing about him most of last year, and I don't see him as a core piece for the future.

Man, if the Flyers could have gotten Voynov instead of Schenn that trade would have been legendary. Maybe legendary is the wrong word, but you get my point.

Everyone is worried that if they trade him it's going to be like the JVR trade but the difference is that JVR at times showed flashes of being a good/great player and even dominated a few games, the playoffs against Boston comes to mind.

Schenn has never shown any of that. Also don't know if he's really that slow or just doesn't put any effort into skating which makes him look like he doesn't care.

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
Everyone is worried that if they trade him it's going to be like the JVR trade but the difference is that JVR at times showed flashes of being a good/great player and even dominated a few games, the playoffs against Boston comes to mind.

Schenn has never shown any of that. Also don't know if he's really that slow or just doesn't put any effort into skating which makes him look like he doesn't care.

I agree 100% JVR showed obvious flashes of what he could be. I don't get why people are worried, they are different players.

GingerFetish

Feb 26, 2013
Eklund saying we're in on Andrej Sekera. Not willing to pay what Carolina wants at this point however. Assuming Schenner.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I'm only halfway through tonight's 1st period thus far, but so far I've watched Schenn completely blow two puck battles.

In 4 games I can remember him winning precisely ONE battle for the puck. One. And it jumps out at me because it's become such a rarity that I didn't expect to see it.

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
BSchenn is way too much for a 28 year old FA.

this.

Sekera would be an excellent addition, but he's a pending UFA after this season. no way in hell do you move BSchenn for him. that would be more than what Vanek got last year.

Sekera's value should be a 1st, or a 2nd + a decent mid level prospect.

I would offer them Luke though. need to clear space on D. or Grossmann. :sarcasm:

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
Is there any chance Edmonton would want the Schenns? I don't know what they would have that the Flyers would want but you would think Edmonton would be desperate to make a move.

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama

I'm not concerned if they get a decent return, but I have been mulling over Flyer trades recently and can't remember the Flyers coming out on the better end. I'd appreciate some help in refreshing my memory on good trades for the Flyers other than the LeClair deal, Coburn deal, and Simmonds deal.

I'm stuck thinking about deals like JVR, Maroon, Bobrovsky, Sharp, and even Chaput, who, while not likely to amount to much, is at least in the NHL.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
I'm not concerned if they get a decent return, but I have been mulling over Flyer trades recently and can't remember the Flyers coming out on the better end. I'd appreciate some help in refreshing my memory on good trades for the Flyers other than the LeClair deal, Coburn deal, and Simmonds deal.

I'm stuck thinking about deals like JVR, Maroon, Bobrovsky, Sharp, and even Chaput, who, while not likely to amount to much, is at least in the NHL.

They clearly won the Carter deal as well.

Mason was also a win

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
http://www.flyershistory.com/cgi-bin/trade.cgi

Leion > Ole-Kristian Tollefsen & 2011 5th Rounder (Mattias Backman)

Meszaros > 2011 2nd (Lessio)

Voracek + Couturier > Carter

2012 3rd (Ghost) > Versteeg

Alt > Pither

Mason > 3rd + Leighton.

2014 3rd (Friedman) > Meszaros

Also..

Carle > Eminger, Downie, 4th

Jason Smith, Joffrey Lupul > Joni Pitkanen, Geoff Sanderson

Timonen and Hartnell > 1st round pick (Jonothan Blum)

Sean Burke, Ben Eager, Branko Radivojevic > Mike Comrie

Mattias Timander > 2004 7th round pick

Sami Kapanen and Ryan Bast > Pavel Brendl and Bruno St. Jacques

Marcus Ragnarsson > Dan McGillis

Michal Handzus and Robert Esche > Brian Boucher and 3rd round pick

2003 1st (Jeff Carter) and 2002 2nd > Daymond Langkow

Mark Recchi > Dainius Zubrus, 2nd and 6th

RJ8812*

really? how is trading Maroon Philly's **** up?

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I really don't believe they are dangling Coburn. Look at what happened in four games without him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig