Brayden Schenn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Yup, either stick him at 1LW for a decent amount of time and make a decision based on how he does or just trade him. I really wonder what we could get for him...

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Some guys are centers and some guys are wings. Not that they can't play out of position but it's where their talents play best. Schenn is a center on a team that is overloaded there. It's time t o do what you say, swap him out for the best deal that you can get. Maybe a LW or a competent defenseman.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I don't think he's smart enough or good enough at faceoffs to be a center.

What do you guys think about a Schenns for Myers trade? Is Myers a guy who just needs to get out of Buffalo to get his career back on track, or he is damaged goods with no real hope of being a quality top pairing guy?

Last edited:

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT

What do you guys think about a Schenns for Myers trade? Is Myers a guy who just needs to get out of Buffalo to get his career back on track, or he is damaged goods with no real hope of being a quality top pairing guy?

Myers is another Coburn... only a little taller :)
All the tools but not toolbox but still a solid #2/#3 on most teams.

That said I would consider acquiring him if it takes no more than the Schenns at this point.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Coburn-Myers as the first pairing this year. :dunno:

Morin-Myers as the first pairing in a couple of years. :bow:

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

Buffalo fans have said that he had a good year last year, but went unnoticed. Sort if like how LSchenn's good year with Kimmo did.

With Reinhart, CoHo,Greigs and likely a top 2 pick this year, I don't see them wanting an average #2 C. CoHo is that already.

But I have no issue trying to find a legit #2 guy to play right now if he is young and cost controlled. Myers would give us 5 years of his prime years...then a UFA at 29.

If they wanted to do it, I would.

Coburn Myers
MacD Streit
MDZ Alt

Show Grossmann the door for a pick.

Imagine in say 3 years.

Morin Myers
Sanheim Coburn
Hagg Ghost
Alt.

:)

Last edited:

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
I thought he looked pretty good in the last game, at least in the first two periods. There was a sequence where he threw the puck along the boards and absorbed two checks and kept skating to set someone up. That's the kind of play he's capable of and I still think he has the ability to find some consistency. Look at JVR, he's still trying to find his consistency but he's getting more and more deadly every year. I'd still like to be patent with Brayden

DecadesofFutility

May 22, 2013
Wilmington, Delaware
Myers is another Coburn... only a little taller :)
All the tools but not toolbox but still a solid #2/#3 on most teams.

That said I would consider acquiring him if it takes no more than the Schenns at this point.

Yes, another puck moving Dman would be useful with this defense.
If both Schenns = Myers, it should be a done deal.
Time to make an addition to the D now, so rookies have time to develop.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
The Schenn's are like inflation in Germany during the depression when people had to immediately spend their paychecks because prices would rise so fast that the currency would be worth less by the minute.

Buffalo wouldn't even want a wheelbarrow full of Schenns...Flyers might as well just use them as kindling/firewood.

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
I'm trying to think positive here - the good news about both Schenns not amounting to much is that we won't have to pay them much, which will open up cap space.

As long as Hextall doesn't feel the need to constantly get to the cap ceiling like Holmgren did, by 2018, we'll only have MacDonald's bad contract left and 50 million in cap space so we can poach good players from Stanley Cup winning teams who no longer fit in their budget. We just have to wait for all the bad contracts to expire.

OzFlyers

Registered Boozer
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
I'm trying to think positive here - the good news about both Schenns not amounting to much is that we won't have to pay them much, which will open up cap space.

As long as Hextall doesn't feel the need to constantly get to the cap ceiling like Holmgren did, by 2018, we'll only have MacDonald's bad contract left and 50 million in cap space so we can poach good players from Stanley Cup winning teams who no longer fit in their budget. We just have to wait for all the bad contracts to expire.

Now that sounds like a plan! :shakehead

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
David Strehle ‏@DStrehleTFP 42m42 minutes ago
ICYMI on @TFPlive @DennisTFP says League source told him "Flyers unhappy with B Schenn's performance, wouldn't be shocked if they moved him"

I wonder..

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I wonder..

I don't, it's been plain to see since last year that he's just not progressing. And before anybody says "but he's been moved around a lot," he's been moved around a lot because he never works anywhere.

But I wish he had gotten more time on the top line.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I'm not wondering if they're unhappy with their performance, I'm wondering if they're really going to move him. I'm worried that Hextall might want to be extremely patient with any young player to the point where they lose all value and there's no point in moving them anymore.

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
I'm not wondering if they're unhappy with their performance, I'm wondering if they're really going to move him. I'm worried that Hextall might want to be extremely patient with any young player to the point where they lose all value and there's no point in moving them anymore.

that has crossed my mind a few times too. have to what his value is now.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Tim Panaccio ‏@tpanotchCSN 2m2 minutes ago
Lots of white noise this weekend regarding Flyers looking actively (again) for a d-man. Told the price among teams is BSchenn.

Well now I believe it less.:sarcasm:

If they trade a young forward for a defensemen again it better be a real one, not a project we hope bounces back.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Well now I believe it less.:sarcasm:

If they trade a young forward for a defensemen again it better be a real one, not a project we hope bounces back.

If they trade for a dman ill be pissed. This team needs some forwards . I think Bogosian is a possibility if they do go dman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad