Brayden Schenn WHL Trade Thread

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Schenn didnt spend the whole WJHC on wing....Where did you get that? I watched him take nearly every face off while he was on the ice....

My mistake. I thought he had played alot with Johansen at center.

southpaw24

Dec 3, 2005
Owen Sound, ON
heres the trade off the blades website

http://www.saskatoonblades.com/arti...hf-world-junior-tournament-mvp-brayden-schenn

The full text of it from the link posted above Wheat Kings trade Brayden and a 2012 3rd rd pick to the Saskatoon Blades for:
1st Round in 2011,
2nd Round in 2011,
1st Round in 2012
and 1st Round in 2012 Import Draft.
Ayrton Nikkel (Pursuit of Excellence M-AAA)
Tim McGauley (Regina M-AAA).

Quite the payment....

not saying its the same but, somewhat similar to the Kessel trade

R S

Sep 18, 2006
heres the trade off the blades website

http://www.saskatoonblades.com/arti...hf-world-junior-tournament-mvp-brayden-schenn

The full text of it from the link posted above Wheat Kings trade Brayden and a 2012 3rd rd pick to the Saskatoon Blades for:
1st Round in 2011,
2nd Round in 2011,
1st Round in 2012
and 1st Round in 2012 Import Draft.
Ayrton Nikkel (Pursuit of Excellence M-AAA)
Tim McGauley (Regina M-AAA).

Quite the payment....

not saying its the same but, somewhat similar to the Kessel trade

Wheaties fan I take it?

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
Good for the Wheaties to get allot for Schenn. and could be the final piece of the puzzle for the Blades.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Set to make his debut on Saturday as the Blades host Calgary.

Should be an interesting stretch run for the Blades.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Two games ago, 4 assists.

Last game, Gordie Howe hattrick.

17 points in 8 games with the Blades.

T1ny Warr1or

Jun 22, 2010
Canada
My youngest daughter played before the game and during the first intermission at the game on Saturday and that was my first chance to see Schenn, and I have to say he looked really good. Missed his fight in the third as I was standing in line for a beer though :(. He did seem to get a little lazy in the later stages of the game though when they were up 5 - 0. When he wants to go though no one on the ice could touch him.

Jwm1986

Apr 12, 2009
Los Angeles
What a brilliant move bringing him in....hes so much better than everyone else that its almost unfair at times him playing in the WHL...

I mean hes nearly averaging 3 points a game right now....lol

T1ny Warr1or

Jun 22, 2010
Canada
Unreal game from him tonight. Too bad only 14 people were there to see it.

I agree this city doesn't know what they are missing by not watching this team play, but at the same time ticket prices are outrageous. $20 a ticket to see a WHL team? That is a little much.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
I agree this city doesn't know what they are missing by not watching this team play, but at the same time ticket prices are outrageous. $20 a ticket to see a WHL team? That is a little much.
The only WHL games I've been to are Giants games, but they're about $20 too, a touch more actually I think. Especially when there's no NHL team you'd think they'd be popular? I'm in Halifax quite a bit, whenever I go to Mooseheads games (~$15) the attendance is always pretty good, and the Mooseheads are never anywhere close to this good.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
It's sad that fans likely won't show up until the playoffs.

But to be honest, it's a mid week game....I wouldn't expect a crowd.

What is sad is when 4500 show up for a Friday or Saturday night game.

This Friday we should break 5000 which isn't great, but it's not bad.

T1ny Warr1or

Jun 22, 2010
Canada
I honestly didn't know tickets were that much elsewhere. For me personally that is a little high. The Blades do have a good family pack $50 for 4 tickets, but a game still ends up costing my family $70 or more. While not a huge amount of money it is still fairly significant. Luckily both my daughters play minor hockey here in Saskatoon so I have gotten free tickets to 3 games so far this year :). The Blades are amazing with minor hockey here, Darren Dietz was at one my older daughters practices earlier in the year.

ThankYouBasedGod

Oct 25, 2010
Saskatoon
Yeah I am lucky I get a lot of free tickets from my uncle who has season tickets but doesn't make it to all the games. I have probably seen 18-20 of the Blades 27 home games and the majority of them for free! :D

Other Little Mikey

Aug 31, 2005
Edmonton

Hah. The majority of Edmonton's are $30, $32.50 after Ticketmaster fees. Number one reason I don't go to more Oil Kings games.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Schenn is doing awesome as anyone who has seen him in the WHL could have you told you he would

I am still happy with the 6 assets we got for him though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad