Brayden Schenn WHL Trade Thread

CamDegs13

Nose Face Killah
Feb 9, 2007
UMass
twitter.com
This trade is still going to go down tomorrow before the deadline, I would imagine. And there is a good chance Scott Glennie will also be involved.

Blades top 3 lines could end up looking like:

Hamilton-Glennie-Schenn
Collins-Viedensky-Nicholls
Dziurzynski-Benson-Trask

Very very impressive if that's how it all plays out.

I don't know much about the CHL leagues aside from the teams and the more well-known players, but don't the Blades have Siemens and Elliott on D also? Wow...

ThankYouBasedGod

Oct 25, 2010
Saskatoon
I don't know much about the CHL leagues aside from the teams and the more well-known players, but don't the Blades have Siemens and Elliott on D also? Wow...

Yeah man team is looking hella good and will finally be ready to win a WHL title if this trade goes down, exciting stuff.

Sticks and Pucks

Jan 2, 2008
If I'm the Wheaties and I'm trading Schenn to the Blades, I would want to get a package with Brent Benson as the centerpiece back the other way.

Saskatoon

Aug 24, 2006
Saskatoon
Wow this may finally allow to Blades to make past the second round of the playoffs for the first time in I am not even sure how long

ThankYouBasedGod

Oct 25, 2010
Saskatoon
If I'm the Wheaties and I'm trading Schenn to the Blades, I would want to get a package with Brent Benson as the centerpiece back the other way.

I read that Benson nixed a deal that involved him (being a high pick allowed for him to have a NTC) and that they have re worked the deal or something. Not sure if this is true, just a little something I thought was interesting.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
New trade rumour out their regarding Schenn to the Blades for:

D - Ayrton Nikkel (2nd round bantam pick in 2010)
F - Tim McGauley (1st round bantam pick in 2010)
1st in 2011
1st in 2012

That's a steep price. Both those two young players are going to be GREAT WHLers. The Blades are so high on Nikkel. He could be a very good defenseman and potential top pick in the 2013 NHL draft.

ThankYouBasedGod

Oct 25, 2010
Saskatoon
New trade rumour out their regarding Schenn to the Blades for:

D - Ayrton Nikkel (2nd round bantam pick in 2010)
F - Tim McGauley (1st round bantam pick in 2010)
1st in 2011
1st in 2012

That's a steep price. Both those two young players are going to be GREAT WHLers. The Blades are so high on Nikkel. He could be a very good defenseman and potential top pick in the 2013 NHL draft.

Do you think that would include Glennie as well? At the very least both those first round picks will be in the 20-22 range so close to second rounders... Do you think McGauley is going to be a impact player in the WHL? I heard Nikkel is much better despite being drafted behind him.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Do you think that would include Glennie as well? At the very least both those first round picks will be in the 20-22 range so close to second rounders... Do you think McGauley is going to be a impact player in the WHL? I heard Nikkel is much better despite being drafted behind him.

I would hope it includes Glennie, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

I really liked what I saw out of McGauley in his recent 5 game stint with the Blades. Very good hands, also a very smart player. That is a very good combo to have. He should still grow and inch or two and add 10-15 pounds by next fall. I think he will be a full time rookie with Brandon next year and should put together a very solid WHL career at the very least.

As for Nikkel, I never saw him this year but the Blades organization is VERY high on him. It sounds like he could be a very solid 2 way defender. The next best defender behind Elliott and Siemens recently. That kind of player is very tough to give up. Especially along with another good young prospect in McGauley and 2 good picks.

ThankYouBasedGod

Oct 25, 2010
Saskatoon
Well overall it does seem like a steep price to pay if this indeed happens but I think it's a trade Lorne has to make and I am satisfied with it. If the Blades win the WHL title with Schenn then that makes the trade worth it no matter how good the players we gave up turn out IMO.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Well overall it does seem like a steep price to pay if this indeed happens but I think it's a trade Lorne has to make and I am satisfied with it. If the Blades win the WHL title with Schenn then that makes the trade worth it no matter how good the players we gave up turn out IMO.

I agree, winning is the biggest thing. It makes them better, if the rumour is in fact true.

Another big part of the whole thing though is the fact that the trade includes NO ONE from the current roster. That is huge.

Myt621

Dec 18, 2008
Saskatoon, Sk
Every year Saskatoon contended last few years, they always had the hart, work ethic but lacked the high end skill. With Shenn (possibly Glenny) Saskatoon not only favorite for WHL Title but also the Memorial Cup

IMO.

Last edited:

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
From Bruce Luebke (@wheatkingsvoice) via Twitter: Sounds like the Brayden Schenn deal to Saskatoon is done, and should be officially announced this afternoon.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Sounds to me like:

Schenn
(maybe) Glennie

for

Ayrton Nikkel
Tim McGauley
Several high picks (I would expect 1st's in 2011 + 2012, plus other picks)

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
Saskatoon, SK – Head Coach and General Manager, Lorne Molleken announced today that The Saskatoon Blades Hockey Club have made a trade with the Brandon Wheat Kings to acquire centre, Brayden Schenn and a 2012 3rd Round Draft Pick. In exchange the Blades have given up four draft picks: 1st Round in 2011, 2nd Round in 2011, 1st Round in 2012 and 1st Round in 2012 Import Draft. The Blades also included in the trade two prospects: Ayrton Nikkel (Pursuit of Excellence M-AAA) and Tim McGauley (Regina M-AAA).

http://www.saskatoonblades.com/arti...hf-world-junior-tournament-mvp-brayden-schenn

Shaun_W_W

Jan 7, 2007
With the Collins-Vidensky-Nicholls line having success over the WJs I am assuming they will stay together and have Hamilton-Schenn-?????? as their new top line. Blades look like they can do some damage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad