Brayden Schenn WHL Trade Thread

ThankYouBasedGod

Oct 25, 2010
Saskatoon
I hope Josh Nicholls will stay on the first line.

Tough to say. The current top line is Hamilton-Viedensky-Nicholls and I can see maybe just Viedensky being bumped down to second line center and the wingers staying or Molleken want to keep Viedensky with Nicholls and maybe we will see something like Hamilton-Schenn-Trask/Collins-Viedensky-Nicholls plus there is the question of where Dzuirzynski and Benson are going to play as both have been very prominent second line players for a first place team.

QMJHLfollower

Heart and soul
Jul 24, 2010
Tough to say. The current top line is Hamilton-Viedensky-Nicholls and I can see maybe just Viedensky being bumped down to second line center and the wingers staying or Molleken want to keep Viedensky with Nicholls and maybe we will see something like Hamilton-Schenn-Trask/Collins-Viedensky-Nicholls plus there is the question of where Dzuirzynski and Benson are going to play as both have been very prominent second line players for a first place team.

A ok, thanks. Hamilton-Schenn-Nicholls would be very nice. But Nicholls play very well with Viedensky too.

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I would think that after seeing Hamilton and Schenn together at the WJC, they would play together but I don't know enough about the Blades to say for sure.

ThankYouBasedGod

Oct 25, 2010
Saskatoon
It also depends on who the blades have dealt, maybe they dealt roster players you never know.

If this trade has actually happened (not yet apparently?) it won't be any of the guys on the top three lines, it will be good young guys with potential like Olsen, Bews, Sutter ETC. (MAYBE Benson but I hope not) and then prospects like Nikkel and picks.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
A ok, thanks. Hamilton-Schenn-Nicholls would be very nice.

At this point, Viedensky probably is the best player on the team (well, second best now).

Might as well break them into two man units. Who was playing in Hamilton's place during the World Juniors?

QMJHLfollower

Heart and soul
Jul 24, 2010
At this point, Viedensky probably is the best player on the team (well, second best now).

Might as well break them into two man units. Who was playing in Hamilton's place during the World Juniors?

I think it was Chris Collins.

StamkosOneTimer

Jun 29, 2010

I believe the top line was: Collins-Vidensky-Nicholls.

DarkHorse

Go Banana!
Jul 15, 2003
How was Schenn able to play in the AHL and then CHL? I thought you had to go to the CHL (not AHL) if you had junior eligibility left.

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
How was Schenn able to play in the AHL and then CHL? I thought you had to go to the CHL (not AHL) if you had junior eligibility left.

Schenn was sent down to the AHL on a conditioning stint. Any NHL player can be sent down to the AHL on a conditioning stint. If im not mistaken, the stint can last up to two weeks, and in that time the player is still technically on the NHL teams active roster.

If Schenn was able to play in the AHL full time, he would not have been sent back to junior

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
Well he isn't "going" anywhere but LA atleast for a little. Because he is reportedly coming to LA to rehab the shoulder.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
This trade is still going to go down tomorrow before the deadline, I would imagine. And there is a good chance Scott Glennie will also be involved.

Blades top 3 lines could end up looking like:

Hamilton-Glennie-Schenn
Collins-Viedensky-Nicholls
Dziurzynski-Benson-Trask

Very very impressive if that's how it all plays out.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
This trade is still going to go down tomorrow before the deadline, I would imagine. And there is a good chance Scott Glennie will also be involved.

Hamilton-Glennie-Schenn
Dziurzynski-Benson-Trask

The Blades are the power of the WHL anyway. Tough not to consider themselves the favorites for the WHL seed in the Memorial Cup if this comes to fruition.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol

Hamilton-Glennie-Schenn
Dziurzynski-Benson-Trask

Glennie better go with him.

Its funny how Dallas considers Glennie a RW in the organization and LA considers Schenn a Center but they play opposite positions in junior :laugh:

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Glennie better go with him.

Its funny how Dallas considers Glennie a RW in the organization and LA considers Schenn a Center but they play opposite positions in junior :laugh:

Yeah that's weird because I know Glennie played center against the Blades earlier this year, and Schenn spent the whole WJHC as a winger.

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
Ehh Schenn is a center, has been a center and will be a center. Played center for LA, Manchester, and for Canada. Only time he didn't take the draws was on the PP when Kassian did.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad