Confirmed with Link: Brayden Schenn traded to St. Louis for 27th OV, Jori Lehtera, Future 1st rounder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
Hextall is like the other extreme of Holmgren... can't just draft once in the first. .. I hope we're not rebuilding again, wtf, Schenn is 25.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Schenn, 25, gives the Blues an immediate upgrade at center. He’s recorded 25-plus goals in back-to-back seasons with the Flyers, and joins a veteran group looking to make another deep playoff run next season. St. Louis is clearly making this move with the short-term in mind.

That’s because the Flyers extracted a high price for losing Schenn. They get an immediate (albeit worse) replacement in Lehtera, plus a good prospect in Frost and another pick that could end up being a first-rounder.

One benefit for the Blues is that Schenn’s contract is only marginally more expensive than Lehtera’s. Schenn has a $5.125 million cap hit for three more seasons. Lehtera has a $4.7 million cap hit for two more seasons. So the Blues gave up a couple picks to get the superior of two players on similar deals.

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/6/23/...rade-flyers-blues-jori-lehtera-nhl-draft-2017

Grare

Registered Factor
Nov 15, 2013
Montreal was in.. Possibly Gally?
Hope it all works out, confusing trade on the surface.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
Let's not be dramatic.

The trade isn't a steal, but it's not awful. Two firsts are nothing to scoff at when you have scouting and drafting like ours.

I like Schenn and didn't think he should be traded, but this means a few things.
-didn't see Schenn as part of the core
-They really like Frost
-Lindblom and Patrick are basically guaranteed to make the team and play big roles
-They think young guys coming in can replace his production immediately
-maybe they want Konecny on the RW?

I don't know really... don't love it or hate it. Willing to wait and see.
You are correct sir.

This also means we have room not to FORCE Patrick into C position, he can adapt to the game at a less pressure wing position.

Broad Street Elite

Nov 9, 2011
Unless Montreal really needs centers and we use Lehtera to help get Gally?

Lehtara is a neutral or perhaps negative asset with that contract. I'd sooner believe this trade makes Couturier for Gally more likely than Lehtara is any beneficial part of a trade for Gally.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
lehtera is not good & schenn just seemed like he'd grown into a good & steady player
**** trade on its face

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
It will be another 1st. It just isn't clear when, right?

Yeah, guaranteed 1st. Could be 2019 1st if St. Louis is a top 10 draft pick in 2018. Which won't happen short of them winning the lottery. If it does happen, we also get their 3rd in 2020.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Losing Schenn means nothing to me. Very mediocre player. This trade is growing on me. I'll take the two firsts.

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
People should be happy about this.
This means we are re-signing Wayne without any problem. We can now easily afford Wayne and it would have kind of been redundant to have both Schenn and Wayne around long term.

Plus, this also means young guys are gonna get chances on PP1

I remember writing in the Nico/Nolan thread that, if we want our young guns to get chances and more minutes to develop at this level, then somebody from the old core had to go between G, Jake, Schenn, and Wayne. We got our answer.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Schenn should've been moved to wing. Should it be assumed that Patrick stays in Brandon a year longer?

Schenn already had been moved to wing. Filppula is more likely t o go to LW where he's played before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad