Confirmed with Link: Brayden Schenn traded to St. Louis for 27th OV, Jori Lehtera, Future 1st rounder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
The bolded is how Doug Armstrong explained the trade at his draft day interview. I'm not sure how Capfriendly got confused. The Blues do not have an option to defer the pick in 2019. And they do not automatically defer in 2018 if its top 10, just have the option to do so (which adds the 2020 3rd).

Looks like a win-win trade from here. I hate not having a 1st rounder next year, but getting 2 picks this year assuages a lot of that. The Blues are in a win-now mode.

I love these predictions of a Blues Cup. But you have to realize the huge inertia of the universe against that happening.

I am a native St. Louisan and as much as I **** on that fanbase (mostly in jest), I know exactly how much a Cup win would energize that town. I also know that the support doesn't depend on that, which is a good thing. I think it's a win-win trade too, although guys are going to be sorely disappointed if they think he can play center (which I don't think knowledgeable ones do).

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
They did just lose Berglund till December with a shoulder injury suffered in training, but I'd be shocked if they miss the playoffs. The pick should be 17-31.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Because we are over 1000 posts this Schenny thread has gotten way too fat.

Not sure how much else there is to discuss; if anybody wants to make a part 2, make one. I'm sure there will be discussion later, but the Misc. NHL talk thread likely suffices now that he's just some Miscellaneous NHL Slob.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->