Confirmed with Link: Brayden Schenn traded to St. Louis for 27th OV, Jori Lehtera, Future 1st rounder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Lehtera is kinda slow for modern NHL but he can act :)

Hopefully a new and last chance in NHL will get his career back on track.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Lehtera looked good a few years back but has regressed since

Was pretty terrible for most of last year

Pretty poor trade for Flyers IMO especially since Blues pick will be likely late next year

markzab

Sep 6, 2005
Philadelphia, PA.
I understand the center depth situation, but still...not the return I would have demanded. Unless that conditional 1st in 18 comes to us as long as Schenn plays 1 game for them or something.

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
Lehtera sucks. Flyers must've been really high on Frost.

anyone know what the conditional 1st is?

Damaged Goods

Feb 26, 2009
Philadelphia
Hextall had added a lot of salary for less productive players like Filippula and Lehtera. Still have 14 forwards in the mix in Weal signs. Is there another move coming?

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
So two late firsts and a cap dump for Schenn. Never thought the world of Schenn, but that's a pretty **** poor return. Guess they're fairly confident that Patrick and Lindblom will make the roster.

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
i don't get this move at all. Schenn is 25, a 55-60 point player, and on a good contract. no need to move him. i want to hear Hextall's explanation for this. we had a killer top 9 and now it just got weaker.

Broad Street Elite

Nov 9, 2011
How the hell are you playing Giroux, Patrick, Couturier, Filppula and Lehtara together? I assume one has to kick out to a wing?

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Lehtera looked good a few years back but has regressed since

Was pretty terrible for most of last year

Pretty poor trade for Flyers IMO especially since Blues pick will be likely late next year

still got 2 firsts for him and a player they can use as a bottom 6 center (something blues weren't able to do)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad