Brayden Schenn Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Or what about Schenn Schenn Coburn 2nd(2015) for EK and Enstrom

I like Enstrom, but we lose 2 RSideD and gain a lefty. And all the kids are lefties too.

We need a short term left side guy or long term RHD IMO.

And given the state of our team, short term fixes should not be done unless it involves shedding outproduce overpaid older guys.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Youre right, my bad. WPG more likely to move a Righty, I know their fans have wanted Coburn as well for a while.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
Thanks for the response.

And yeah, I hear what you're saying. You guys have given him every opportunity to succeed and he's crapped the bed. From an outsider perspective though, I don't think trading him is the right move. A lot of players don't put it all together until 24/25. Schenn seems like one of those late bloomer types.

Not true. Sure he's not what many have hoped but he just played his first full season and has been adjusting to LW after playing C his whole career. And to make the situation worse, Chief seems content on sticking him with Vinny (when he's healthy).

Getting every opportunity would mean getting more then 2 games as G's LW. I'm not saying he made the most of his time with G but saying he's had every opportunity but has **** the bed is just flat out false.

Unless they could get decent value for him there is no point in a trade. Schenn is cheap and produces points, he's just a complimentary player when most expected and hoped for more.

jabba2

Oct 28, 2010
Both Schenns have huge problems being consistent. Luke was called out for it last year. Or was it his slow skating? I remember the team saying they weren't happy with his play. This year its Braydon, though he wasnt very good for much of last year either.

Delete99991

May 9, 2013
he's just a complimentary player when most expected and hoped for more.

Well I think we agree then. He's a decent middle-six forward with some versatility.

But if there's some GM out there who thinks he has first-line upside, then I think we want to do business with that team right now.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
I would like to dump B.Schenn and maybe his brother for a high potential LW or RHD. I wish the Oilers would trade us their 2015 1st for the Schenn Bros. The Schenn bros would not be enough to prevent the us from getting a good pick in a deep draft. Would be awesome to get a shot at McDavid/Eichel or if not getting a guy like Zacha and/or Barzal.

*looks at username*... one can dream, right?

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Would you guys do BSchenn for Sekera + Carolina's 2nd (should be in the low 30's)?

Then the defense would be

Sekera-Coburn
Grossmann-Streit
MacDonald-LSchenn
MDZ-Schultz

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
Would you guys do BSchenn for Sekera + Carolina's 2nd (should be in the low 30's)?

Then the defense would be

Sekera-Coburn
Grossmann-Streit
MacDonald-LSchenn
MDZ-Schultz

I see no reason to trade B. Schenn for a defenseman, unless we are talking a blockbuster-type deal for a number 1. Sekera is a fine player, but he's a band-aid on that blueline, not a difference maker. He'll need to be re-signed after the season as well.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
So Sekera is not a genuine top pairing defensmen?

I think he's probably a #2/#3 type in the Coburn / Streit vein. That also means he's likely to get $5+ over a long term on the free agency market (and that's an absolute minimum).

Sekera - Coburn
MacDonald-Streit
_______-L. Schenn

Is certainly an improvement over what we have now, but it would still rank among the least impressive (yet relatively expensive) top-fours on a playoff team. Meanwhile, the Flyers exacerbate their hole at LW.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ

I'd see he's more of a second pair guy. I'd be in to getting Sekera as the return for Schenn (though I personally would hold on to him, it sounds like he's on the way out), but there would have to be more than just a second coming back. I'd love to get Carolina's first, but that is a potential #1 overall so I doubt that happens. Does Carolina have any "change of scenery" type of youngsters? I know the name Tlusty was floated about on the internet last week. I'd be thrilled to get him, but he's probably just a better version of Schenn at this point so I doubt they'd do that deal.

Schenn + something for Sekera/Tlusty? I don't know.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
I'd see he's more of a second pair guy. I'd be in to getting Sekera as the return for Schenn (though I personally would hold on to him, it sounds like he's on the way out), but there would have to be more than just a second coming back. I'd love to get Carolina's first, but that is a potential #1 overall so I doubt that happens. Does Carolina have any "change of scenery" type of youngsters? I know the name Tlusty was floated about on the internet last week. I'd be thrilled to get him, but he's probably just a better version of Schenn at this point so I doubt they'd do that deal.

Schenn + something for Sekera/Tlusty? I don't know.

Something like that makes more sense, but the cap situation would probably be tricky. I'd assume either L. Schenn or Grossmann would have to be included, right?

That would leave:

J. Tlusty - C. Giroux - J. Voracek
M. Read - S. Couturier - W. Simmonds
R.J. Umberger - V. Lecavalier - M. Raffl
Z. Rinalo - P. Bellemare - J. Akeson

A. Sekera - B. Coburn
A. MacDonald - M. Streit
MDZ/Schultz - Grossmann/L.Schenn

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
When Vinny comes back I think they need to move BSchenn back to the 1st line. Now he's got his legs going, it's time to leave him there for an extended period and finally find out if he can successfully ride shotgun with G.

BSchenn-Giroux-Voracek
Umberger-Couturier-Read
Raffl-Lecavalier-Simmonds
Rinaldo-Bellemare-Akeson/Jones

If it doesn't work and they end up trading BSchenn for a dman, I would move Bellemare to 1LW and call up Laughton.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
When Vinny comes back I think they need to move BSchenn back to the 1st line. Now he's got his legs going, it's time to leave him there for an extended period and finally find out if he can successfully ride shotgun with G.

BSchenn-Giroux-Voracek
Umberger-Couturier-Read
Raffl-Lecavalier-Simmonds
Rinaldo-Bellemare-Akeson/Jones

If it doesn't work and they end up trading BSchenn for a dman, I would move Bellemare to 1LW and call up Laughton.

I'd be up for that, but I don't think PEB will be a long-term solution on that line. I think he would fit and he could play there, but there would be room to upgrade (easier said than done, of course). I am not a fan of trading Schenn, but if they could Tlusty in the deal some how, I'd be all for it. He's on an expiring contract though, which makes it a bit risky (and probably means his value at the dead line will be pretty high too), so I'm not sure if it is realistic to pursue him at this point.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Am I the only one that thinks PEB makes Umberger redundant, especially at the cap hits? PEB is faster, more skilled and is very good at his two-way game. Would love to dump Umberger near the deadline if possible, put PEB in his wing spot and bring up Laughton for the 4th line center job. Just brought it up from the post above.

But yes, when Vinny comes back, Schenn needs to be back at LW for G and Voracek.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

No. Not on a great team, and certainly not a guy we would have in the long-term picture. That would be a trade we would regret in a big way in a few years.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Am I the only one that thinks PEB makes Umberger redundant, especially at the cap hits? PEB is faster, more skilled and is very good at his two-way game. Would love to dump Umberger near the deadline if possible, put PEB in his wing spot and bring up Laughton for the 4th line center job. Just brought it up from the post above.

But yes, when Vinny comes back, Schenn needs to be back at LW for G and Voracek.

Would love to dump Umberger. He looks like hot garbage so far.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
If we are going to trade Schenn, package him with other assets to acquire a better defensemen than Sekera. That or just stand pat and wait because with Coburn and MacDonald presumable here for a while, 3 more years of Streit and Ghost, Morin, Hagg and Alt all knocking down the door..our blueline will be an awfully crowded place with another mid-pairing guy like Sekera in the mix.

kelmitchell

Jun 11, 2013
Newark Delaware
I see no reason to trade B. Schenn for a defenseman, unless we are talking a blockbuster-type deal for a number 1. Sekera is a fine player, but he's a band-aid on that blueline, not a difference maker. He'll need to be re-signed after the season as well.

We won't get a number 1 with any deal that involves schenn it'd have to start with coots and that's not ok, so I'd be fine with trading him for a good dman or a lw

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
I hate that I have to say this all the time, but can we please stay patient with Brayden Schenn? I guarantee that if we trade him he'll have a break out season with his new team.

We've seen the flashes of what he can do. He's like a Hartnell who doesn't fall down all the time and has better hands. We need to let him figure out his game, he still has potential to be a physical 60 point player and we don't need to be selling low on him like we did with JVR.

He's only 23, give him some time. We're not winning the cup this year, and anything we trade him for is not going to turn us into a cup favorite. Let him develop just like everyone else in our organization. Our time is coming, we need to stay patient with the assets we have.

Last edited:

FLYERSFAN18

May 31, 2008
Pennsylvania
If Schenn isn't going to be our top LW for Giroux, then he and his brother need to be traded for a top 6 LW or and top 4 d-man that can make Coburn expendable when the prospects are all ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad