Rinaldo/Lecavalier/Jones
VandeVelde

Myers/Coburn
Bogosian/Streit
MacDonald/Gostisbehere
Schultz

Mason
Emery

Then later if all fails trade MacDonald, Lecavalier and Coburn and Umberger for draft picks and prospects

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
Trade Schenn, L Schenn for Myers.
Trade Akeson, Grossmann,1st,Laughton for Kane, Bogosian, 4th round 2015

Kane/Giroux/Voracek
Umberger/Couturier/Read
Simmonds/Bellemare/Raffl
Rinaldo/Lecavalier/Jones
VandeVelde

Myers/Coburn
Bogosian/Streit
MacDonald/Gostisbehere
Schultz

Mason
Emery

Then later if all fails trade MacDonald, Lecavalier and Coburn and Umberger for draft picks and prospects

under no circumstance should we trade our 1st rnd pick. Also not interested in moving Laughton.

bhigo59

Oct 8, 2007
I know that I would package both Schenns for the best package I could get. Brayden hasn't done much since becoming a Flyer, blame who you want but there are no results. Luke will be a numbers cut due to the youth on the backend in the future, so cut him loose while you can upgrade somewhere else. The Flyers will get a better return for the package sooner then later.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Is Gagner happy to play LW? Is he good enough to hang on the first line?

That would be the test. Certainly he has the skillset. In fact, I would try:
Gagner G Simmonds
Read Couts Voracek

That way they still have size on the top line....however, could be scary on the defensive side. Always wanted to see Gagner away from the Oilers and on the wing with a good C.

Plus, he is great at SO. So maybe he gains up 2-5 points on his own just for that.

Flyerss

Jun 23, 2013
I don't know about that we already have 4 guys who can be solid NHL Dman and someone could pop out out of nowhere + we can't ditch solid NHL Dmans just to give someone a chance/FA signing... if we have to i'd rather trade Schenn for a forward like "Perron".

Delete99991

May 9, 2013
I walk into a Schenn thread and all I see are trade proposals with his name in all of them. Has he been that bad?

Yes and no. He still has his moments, like the shift that led to his goal in Dallas yesterday.

But people like me are starting to feel like there's a 95% chance he's basically realized his potential at this stage, and he is what he is. He doesn't have a great motor and doesn't have very high hockey IQ. He's inconsistent and can be flat out soft at times.

For those of us thinking that way, there's an urgency to deal him before the rest of the league thinks it too and his rep dives to where Luke's already is.

Last edited:

D0ctorCool

Dec 3, 2008
Vancouver
Yes and no. He still has his moments, like the shift that led to his goal in Dallas yesterday.

But people like me are starting to feel like there's a 95% chance he's basically realized his potential at this stage, and he is what he is. He doesn't have a great motor and doesn't have very high hockey IQ. He's inconsistent and can be flat out soft at times.

For those of us thinking that way, there's an urgency to deal him before the rest of the league thinks it too and his rep dives to where Luke's already is.

Thanks for the response.

And yeah, I hear what you're saying. You guys have given him every opportunity to succeed and he's crapped the bed. From an outsider perspective though, I don't think trading him is the right move. A lot of players don't put it all together until 24/25. Schenn seems like one of those late bloomer types.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
So is there something wrong with Perron? Oilers fans seem fine with trading Perron + for both Schenns... normally people just **** all over the Schenns and don't want them..

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
They could really use BSchenn at center.

Perron is a FA in 2016 so maybe they expect him to leave then. It is Edmonton.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
They could really use BSchenn at center.

Perron is a FA in 2016 so maybe they expect him to leave then. It is Edmonton.

He had a history of concussions in St. Louis. It hasn't happened in Edmonton thus far but it's something to keep in the back of your mind so possibly that could be a factor as well.

Delete99991

May 9, 2013
Perron doesn't interest me at all. Not that he's a bad player. He just doesn't solve this team's issues.

The names out there that interest me most are Bogosian, Myers, and Faulk. All three of these guys might be completely unattainable for all I know. But that's the direction we need to head - an NHL-proven, but young, top four defenseman.

If that isn't made available to us then yes, they might as well just keep him.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Faulk is not available probably. He's still in the long term plans if Carolina goes full rebuild.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
I don't see any point in trading B. Schenn for a defenseman--unless we are talking some absurd value or a blockbuster for an established top-pairing guy.

Evander Kane is what we need--young, fast, a decent-good defensive player, and a natural left wing. B. Schenn + L. Schenn + Cousins for Kane?

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Doesn't get it done. Would cost B Schenn, L Schenn and one of Morin, Sanheim or Ghost methinks. Even then I dont think WPG takes it

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
I don't see any point in trading B. Schenn for a defenseman--unless we are talking some absurd value or a blockbuster for an established top-pairing guy.

Evander Kane is what we need--young, fast, a decent-good defensive player, and a natural left wing. B. Schenn + L. Schenn + Cousins for Kane?

sounds good to me. wouldnt take that if Im winnipeg though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad