Eklund Rumor: Brayden Point trade

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Best #1 seed in the history of the league got swept by the 8 seed. It isn't that easy, like you said, despite the Blue Jackets making it look easy. It was as close to impossible as we've ever seen in round 1.

I'm not trying to rub it in, I know it probably seems that way. I just think it was historic. Literally nobody predicted that. I'm curious what you're referring to when you said your own fans and yourself predicted it, which is really why I'm even making the post in the first place. But I promise it isn't meant to be mean-spirited!

I was speaking about our previous success. It wasnt really until last year that we thought the team should go far. Maybe the year we missed the playoffs too but that was after 2 strait ECF appearances and a cup finals. My point was the window really has just opened and the team still needed to learn some things that they didnt really learn on their other runs. I think our runs before had more to do with who we were playing and how we matched up vs them than it did the team just being a real contender. I imagine if we ran into similar teams we recently lost to, could have similar outcomes because we have always been smaller and had trouble with bigger teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad