Player Discussion: Brayden Point - Part 3

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
I don’t disagree that stamkos benefits from playmaking teammates, but man just watching stamkos’ inability to generate space or make a decent pass lately makes me think he is, of course, a product of his own effort/talent.

Reactions: Zwui21

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
I don’t disagree that stamkos benefits from playmaking teammates, but man just watching stamkos’ inability to generate space or make a decent pass lately makes me think he is, of course, a product of his own effort/talent.
At this point he is for a large portion of the time. He's not really the one that drives the line. He just finds open space and comes up with a goal anymore, which, hasn't happened often for the last quarter of a season...

I've been wanting a playmaker on this team for two years to pair with him. Instead, we haven't got one and we once again have a two way trio as our 2nd line that neuters his shot.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Plays die a hell of a lot on his stick lately.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Stamkos is hard to play with that's for sure, you need to really accommodate his playstyle, this was evident those first few years after MSL left. All the more reason why taking apart a line that he has chemistry with makes no sense.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I don't think it takes anything away from Point's season to say that he wouldn't be where he is now if he wasn't playing with Kucherov. Kucherov has such a unique skillset that you can't just shove any decent player next to him and expect them to have success. There are probably a good amount of players in the league who, in a vacuum, are better than Point but would do worse playing in his spot right now.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I don't think it takes anything away from Point's season to say that he wouldn't be where he is now if he wasn't playing with Kucherov. Kucherov has such a unique skillset that you can't just shove any decent player next to him and expect them to have success. There are probably a good amount of players in the league who, in a vacuum, are better than Point but would do worse playing in his spot right now.

What? If anything he's proven he can elevate anyone's game who's on his line, every single top line player on this roster past and present has had career years when playing with Kucherov.

Palat, Johnson, Drouin, Stamkos, Point, all very different players and yet all had their best years with Kucherov, he's definitely a guy who draws the best out of skill players. I would say it's the opposite, there are a ton of guys in the league who excel at finishing but don't have a Kucherov to set them up.

Reactions: Hoek

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
What? If anything he's proven he can elevate anyone's game who's on his line, every single top line player on this roster past and present has had career years when playing with Kucherov.

Palat, Johnson, Drouin, Stamkos, Point, all very different players and yet all had their best years with Kucherov, he's definitely a guy who draws the best out of skill players. I would say it's the opposite, there are a ton of guys in the league who excel at finishing but don't have a Kucherov to set them up.
7lad Namestnikov too

Stormbreaker

Apr 2, 2012
1681489617282.png

1681489634727.png

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
When he came up, even when we realized he was A LOT better than we thought he was going to be, I still don't think anybody saw 50 goals in his future. I mean, I know scoring is up over where it was then, but I don't think anybody imagined that one day he would finish top-5 in goal-scoring.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
If we had this stud healthy last posteason....

I guess it's time to show what could have happened
would require Vasy to not suck and Hedman to not suck.

When he came up, even when we realized he was A LOT better than we thought he was going to be, I still don't think anybody saw 50 goals in his future. I mean, I know scoring is up over where it was then, but I don't think anybody imagined that one day he would finish top-5 in goal-scoring.
I remember I thought we rushed him by dropping him in so early. But boy was I wrong.

J T Money

Biggest Bozo
Jan 21, 2016
Hope he wins the Byng just so I can shit talk about him winning an individual award :nod:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
He was due.

Complacency has been a problem with this team for almost a decade. But usually, especially offensively, there was always someone else to pick up the slack. That's not as true now. We need the RPMs a little higher this year, even while trying to keep the gas tank reasonable for the playoffs. Gotta get there first.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad