Player Discussion: Brayden Point - Part 3

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
This has gone on too long. Pay the guy already.

I think everybody's waiting on a couple more RFAs to sign. Forwards, I mean. Marner threw things off a bit, and maybe GMs are fighting a little harder to stick to their guns now.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
I think everybody's waiting on a couple more RFAs to sign. Forwards, I mean. Marner threw things off a bit, and maybe GMs are fighting a little harder to stick to their guns now.
I see the MArner and Pointe situations differently. Toronto has more cap issues The Bolts now have the room to get point done. And it is true Pointes agent is holding out for $$$$ its all on him Pointe wants to be here. But missing camp because of your agent is asinine he is going to get money comparable to Stammer but not as much as Kuch and rightly so. Give him 8 for max term call it a day call it a day. If he wants more give him 8 for shorter term the re evaluate it on next contract but get his ass on the ice this week.

BeingTheThunder

Jul 9, 2018
www.beingthethunder.com
I see the MArner and Pointe situations differently. Toronto has more cap issues The Bolts now have the room to get point done. And it is true Pointes agent is holding out for $$$$ its all on him Pointe wants to be here. But missing camp because of your agent is asinine he is going to get money comparable to Stammer but not as much as Kuch and rightly so. Give him 8 for max term call it a day call it a day. If he wants more give him 8 for shorter term the re evaluate it on next contract but get his ass on the ice this week.
Caving in and giving him almost two times as high of an AAV that's EVER been given on a 3-year bridge deal would be dumb. Not a precedent I want our team responsible for setting. We'll leave those types of dummy moves to the Toronto and Edmontons of the league.

Reactions: DaBolts

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

No doubt. I think Marner's contract is a smaller factor here than elsewhere.

I doubt they accept 8x8 given what's going on in the league. I think we end up around 7.5m x 3.

RegularSznAllStars

Sep 23, 2014
As I said months ago, 8x8 and get it done. Don’t care which underperforming middle six guy will have to go next year to get it done.

Krewe

Mar 12, 2019
I think I've given up on the trade boards thread. Clark34 is gonna give me an aneurysm with how ignorant and full of himself he is. Why do leafs fans feel the need to bring up taxes in every thread. Apparently now according to them Vasi's contract is a massive discount

Reactions: Richard Cranium

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I think I've given up on the trade boards thread. Clark34 is gonna give me an aneurysm with how ignorant and full of himself he is. Why do leafs fans feel the need to bring up taxes in every thread. Apparently now according to them Vasi's contract is a massive discount

Just take a break and then return to those threads. Because it's hilarious.

Reactions: Zwui21

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
What's the average % increase of AAV from a bridge RFA deal to a UFA deal?

If Bolts pay Point 7-8M on a bridge, how much would they have to pony up on the UFA deal?

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
How much do we clear when we put Domingue on waivers and gets picked up? I think he signs when we clear a bit of extra money.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
was point at Fan fest today?

No he was not. JBB was interviewed by Peckham and Engblom (along with Vinik) for the STMs and JBB said that there was communication between him and Point, no animosity, it's just a slow process. He also reminded people that, though it seemed like this offseason was unique, that Kucherov didn't sign until the season actually opened.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad