News: Brayden Point open to bridge, 5-year or even 8-year extension with Tampa as per agent

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
If you read the whole article it sounds a lot like the NHL is just making up the rules as it goes along in order to benefit the Leafs.

The entire article exists because some anonymous NHL exec told a Toronto media guy Leafs are screwed because you can't LTIR guys in the summer. Mirtle thought it was incorrect and asked.

Leafs are on pace for historically low PP opportnities. NHL ain't helping them at all.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
The entire article exists because some anonymous NHL exec told a Toronto media guy Leafs are screwed because you can't LTIR guys in the summer. Mirtle thought it was incorrect and asked.

Leafs are on pace for historically low PP opportnities. NHL ain't helping them at all.

One day Daly says there is no offseason LTIR. Less than two weeks later he says there is. The difference? The first time he was talking about Chicago; the second time he was talking about Toronto. You can’t tell me that isn’t suspicious as hell.

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
To take this thread back to it's intended Point.......

Is Tampa going to be able to afford to keep Point?

Unless he accepts a bridge contract, I'd think they either have to move him, or move some other part(s) to fit him in....

And he seems to move the meter up game by game, most people had thought he'd have slowed down by now...

EDIT: Everblades 13 and DistantThunderRep assure me it's a given they will keep him, which is cool....

Last edited:

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018

Unless he accepts a bridge contract, I'd think they either have to move him, or move some other part(s) to fit him in....

And he seems to move the meter up game by game, most people had thought he'd have slowed down by now...

As has been said numerous times now Tampa will have no difficulty keeping Point, even if they have to give him a McDavid-sized contract (which won’t happen.)

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
As has been said numerous times now Tampa will have no difficulty keeping Point, even if they have to give him a McDavid-sized contract (which won’t happen.)
Okay then AndreRoy, I now have it on reliable sourse that he's going to stay... Thanks.

I did not read through 21 pages and must have missed it.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Okay then AndreRoy, I now have it on reliable sourse that he's going to stay... Thanks.

I did not read through 21 pages and must have missed it.
You think its more reasonable that Tampa either trades him or lets him walk to an offer sheet than us giving him money and figuring out the rest later?

Honestly, how many times has this happened since I don't know...2004? Seriously, I can't think of one. There is little to no precedent of something like that happening. Selling off our star young centre to keep our lesser pieces...sure don't use a lick of logic to figure out what the course of action is.

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
You think its more reasonable that Tampa either trades him or lets him walk to an offer sheet than us giving him money and figuring out the rest later?

Honestly, how many times has this happened since I don't know...2004? Seriously, I can't think of one. There is little to no precedent of something like that happening. Selling off our star young centre to keep our lesser pieces...sure don't use a lick of logic to figure out what the course of action is.
That's why I pose the question, so intuitive guys like you can spell it out for us. Thanks.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
He’s one heck of a player. Tampa needs to take advantage before his new contract.

It’s kind of stupid no one took a chance on him before the 3rd round. 91 points, 36 more than his next closest teammate

Last edited:

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
He’s one heck of a player. Tampa needs to take advantage before his new contract.

It’s kind of stupid no one took a chance on him before the 3rd round. 91 points, 46 more than his next closest teammate

Who are you talking about?

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl

EDIT: Everblades 13 and DistantThunderRep assure me it's a given they will keep him, which is cool....

sure we are going to keep gourde, callahan and miller and just get rid of point! lol of course we will move what we have to move to fit point under the salary cap.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
"Hey come to Toronto... and GET PAID." That's the message Toronto sent to the NHL players across the league. They are treating the players properly and giving them what they are worth and in return I think the players are going to give back. Its going to create a culture out in Toronto and if other GM's don't want to pay their players what Toronto is paying its going to cause them problems. This is coming from a Sens fan who wishes Ottawa could have paid its players.. we lost a lot of talent along the way because of money. We could have kept Zibanejad, still made the Turris for Duchene trade, kept Karlsson.. (maybe he wouldn't have hated the owner)… Hoffman prob still would have had to go..

Duchene
Zibanejad
White
Pageau <---- as you can see we have a center jam log in this situation, could trade someone for winger or defenseman. Not bad problems to have.

Stone
Tkachuk (??? We prob dont get a top 4 pick though),
Dzingle,
Ryan (not as overpaid anymore now that cap has gone up),
return from Hoffman (maybe someone better then boedker if we were willing to spend)

Karlsson
Chabot

AVS prob not picking in the lottery had we just kept the team together. And yeah maybe we don't have Tkachuk... we did still tank though with Brassard in place of Zibanejad but I think it was more a drama thing.. culture... Karlsson would have never felt the need to tell the media hes looking for top dallor if he already knew he was gonna get it from Ottawa.. see the difference?

DankinIT

Freddie's Angels
Nov 26, 2018
Calgary
And what exactly is laughable about that? Point is currently fifth in the league in goals and seventh in the league in points. Neither Matthews nor Marner is even in the top 30 for goals and Marner is ninth in points while Matthews doesn’t crack the top 30 there either. And Point is better defensively than both of them as well.

It’s funny how delusional Leafs fans are simultaneously underrating Point while at the same time trying to tell us that we won’t be able to afford his next deal. And they also want to claim that Matthews and Marner are both top five forwards in the NHL but yet Marner will supposedly sign for significantly less than Matthews. It’d be hilarious if they didn’t constantly post the same nonsense in thread after thread, regardless of whether or not the thread has anything to do with them.

Because it is funny statement, basing it on who he likes. No stats, contracts or offer sheets were even mentioned in the post. You keep bringing it up, practice what you preach scooter.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

No chance he moves. The moves we need to make in order to keep him are clear and obvious, regardless of what deal he signs.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
One day Daly says there is no offseason LTIR. Less than two weeks later he says there is. The difference? The first time he was talking about Chicago; the second time he was talking about Toronto. You can’t tell me that isn’t suspicious as hell.

If the NHL loved the Leafs as much as you suspect, they would not be 31st in PP opportunities the past 2 years.

Reactions: OVO16

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017

LOl you gotta be kidding me :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4