Proposal: Brayden Point for Kakko

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
The issue is not who is the better player today.
And we are not looking at who will be the better player down the road, with 'better' being open a bit to interpretation.
Like I said, Point will always likely be the better pure sniper, tho w/experience remains to be seen how high Kakko gets there. Kakko's value is not as sniper, it is as a beast who can physically dominate. Point can't do that.

Again, this is no time for NYR to spend primo cap and surrender a blue chip who is elc.

Not sure where all this hostility is coming from.
I did not ask for Point at bargain price.

We all make our own beds.
TB did extremely well to get this far and stack its roster with so much talent while managing cap.
How long that can continue remains to be seen, and what adjustments Bolts will have to make also is yet to be determined.

For the record, I do not see Point moved unless there is either overpayment, or slightly greater value in currency extremely useful to TB.

A physical beast that can dominate. Who do you compare him to because when I think of Kakko physical domination is not what I picture. He's 6'3 200lbs, will be become Kreider who's 6'3 220 but is a 20g 50p winger. Maybe Pacioretty who's 6'2 215lbs, 30g 60p player. Do you think he will be Ovechkin who's 6'3 235lbs? Or even Svechnikov who's 6'2 200lbs and was 2nd overall the year before? I think he falls somewhere in between Pacioretty and Svechnikov which is a very good player but not a physically dominating elite winger.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
some of the responses in this thread lmao. you'd think Point was putting up McDavid numbers and not a guy who was over a PPG once.

Kakko + Laf LMFAO

either way neither team is interested in any angle of this deal and this thread was posted just to annoy people tbh

Reactions: Nickmo82

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
some of the responses in this thread lmao. you'd think Point was putting up McDavid numbers and not a guy who was over a PPG once.

Kakko + Laf LMFAO

either way neither team is interested in any angle of this deal and this thread was posted just to annoy people tbh

If putting up points was all he brought to the table, you'd be right.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
If putting up points was all he brought to the table, you'd be right.
yeah this fictional selke defense Point brings might be the thing that makes him a top 10 NHLer or whatever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad