Brayden Point benched for missing a team meeting

cassac

Sep 19, 2013
Not really. It's been TB's policy for years, likely coming down from Yzerman. When dealing with a lot of young players, as TB has been over the last 5-7 years, this kind of thing is what keeps you from being the Oilers. Our players are professionals, and expected to be.
I thought what kept the Bolts from being the Oilers was developing players, not making horrible free agent signings, not making God awful trades, and a tax break.

Just kidding about the tax break.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Earned not given era ? These guys are in their twenties still on their rfa contracts hahha it happened in 2016 the era flipped since then?

The earned not given era wasn't about contracts, it was about ice time. During that rebuild era, I think the average contract length we had was around 2 seasons long. There were a ton of prospects who were just waiting for a chance to play in the bigs. Hartley's style ends up creating a ton of man games lost, so an injury for one was an opportunity for another. Furthermore, the prospects were trying to outplay the vets for a shot to play. IIRC, in 2014-2015 nearly the entire bottom 9 and the 4-7 dman slot was up for grabs by a prospect working hard due to injuries and under performance. 2015-2016 was similar, but I think we had less injuries to key personnel (I could be wrong though).

Calgary Flames 2015-16 roster and scoring statistics at hockeydb.com

I don't think the earned not given and never quit mentality is gone, I still think it's a core belief of the Flames org and roster. However, it's not paraded out there like a blue collar protest slogan like it was during the rebuild. Also, since we have a ton of long term contracts now, the amount of spots available for grabs is a much more normal 2-3 forwards and 1-2 dmen than in that time period.

Happened to Drouin too, but I think that was in Syracuse.

I am suddenly thinking I recall something similar happening to Ovi. However, Ovi didn't throw a stink like Drouin and JHS did in that similar disciplinary situation.

Sorry for being serious in this light hearted joking thread everyone. :blah:

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Earned not given era ? These guys are in their twenties still on their rfa contracts hahha it happened in 2016 the era flipped since then?

No,

the Hartley era was the Always Earned, Never Given, Except That Time We Waived Paul Byron And He Got Reincarnated As French
the Gulutzan era was the Always Given To Vets, Never Earned era
the Peters era so far has been Usually Earned, Rarely Given. James Neal has been the exception.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00