Brayden Point benched for missing a team meeting

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
But Gourde played. That should count for something (though he's clearly missing Jake Dotchin and Trevor VanRymsdyk).
gourde is a rly good offensive winger but ideally hes not driving his own line offensively

dotchin yeah whatever that was when i made dumbass eye test takes

and idk whats wrong with calling TVR above average

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Love seeing teams make even their star players accountable.. One of the best players in the league being benched.. Love it!

Sure these games for Tampa are pretty much mean nothing games since they pretty much clinched the President Trophy at xmas, but still its cool to see

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
What a crock, one missed meeting and hes benched? Soft ass coach

CD93bn6UsAEfaFs.png:large

@gocanes88

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Love seeing teams make even their star players accountable.. One of the best players in the league being benched.. Love it!

Sure these games for Tampa are pretty much mean nothing games since they pretty much clinched the President Trophy at xmas, but still its cool to see
benching anyone for missing a single meeting is pretty ridiculous

Dondini

Apr 28, 2010
imagine the hysteria if this was a young star on a Canadian team

Haha no doubt I’m picturing marner. Media would be losing their minds

And leaf fans don’t bother telling marner is the most dedicated guy, wouldn’t do that, team first player etc etc it’s just hypothetical. Like Toronto winning the cup. Kk that’s a joke to, your team is near I think. Alright sorry your time is now.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
imagine the hysteria if this was a young star on a Canadian team

It has happened before to not just one, but two young stars. Gaudreau and Monahan were scratched once as discipline for being late.

Flames scratch Monahan, Gaudreau, Bouma vs. Maple Leafs - Sportsnet.ca

Quite a few fans hated it of course, but I think the majority of the fans accepted it. The whole ordeal blew over pretty quickly. It helped that it was in the "earned not given" era and it was easier to accept after reading Guy Gaudreau's comments relating to the discipline.

Father knows best: Guy Gaudreau had a 'nice talk' with Johnny following healthy scratch

“I was very disappointed in him when he got scratched,” said the father of the Calgary Flames star as he took in the team’s morning skate at San Jose’s SAP Center. “We had a nice talk. He’ll learn from it. I firmly believe Calgary is trying to build character and pride and an attitude of ‘playing for your team.’

“And I think, yeah, (the Flames) were justified.”

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
It has happened before to not just one, but two young stars. Gaudreau and Monahan were scratched once as discipline for being late.

Flames scratch Monahan, Gaudreau, Bouma vs. Maple Leafs - Sportsnet.ca

Quite a few fans hated it of course, but I think the majority of the fans accepted it. The whole ordeal blew over pretty quickly. It helped that it was in the "earned not given" era and it was easier to accept after reading Guy Gaudreau's comments relating to the discipline.

Father knows best: Guy Gaudreau had a 'nice talk' with Johnny following healthy scratch
Earned not given era ? These guys are in their twenties still on their rfa contracts hahha it happened in 2016 the era flipped since then?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
benching anyone for missing a single meeting is pretty ridiculous

Not really. It's been TB's policy for years, likely coming down from Yzerman. When dealing with a lot of young players, as TB has been over the last 5-7 years, this kind of thing is what keeps you from being the Oilers. Our players are professionals, and expected to be.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Earned not given era ? These guys are in their twenties still on their rfa contracts hahha it happened in 2016 the era flipped since then?

Happened to Drouin too, but I think that was in Syracuse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->