WWE: Bray Wyatt

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Holy shit. Here I'm thinking one or two feuds ruined Bray and you guys reminded me that millions of things killed him.

He was so intriguing. I love how they made what some would deem as a dream feud in Balor/Wyatt and turned it into the worst of that year.

Some dream feuds (under HHH's control) would be against Dream or Black.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
all I can say is my boys Dean and Bray held the WWE Title. Even if it was for a short period of time, they can never take that away from them.

Both guys are huge what-ifs to me in WWE, but this is the Bray thread, so I'll go with just him.

I think there have been SO many opportunities to make him LEGIT AS f*** that WWE just never, ever pulled the trigger on and I don't know why.

First you had him target Bryan in 2013. I think there were two ways to go about this:
1) Wyatt going over Bryan at the Rumble should have led to more. Not a Cena program that he lost and had his momentum killed in. He should have pinned Bryan clean at the Rumble, and then that Shield match should have happened at Wrestlemania with the exact same ending: Wyatt pinning Reigns. The Wyatt Family should have been the cause of The Shield split, and Wyatt should have been on path to win the WWE Title that year.
2) "The devil made me do it" when he was attacking Bryan. The devil should have been Triple H. The payoff should have been Bray Wyatt vs. Triple H at Wrestlemania that year with Wyatt going over to "take down the machine." Wyatt should have taken out Triple H to clear the path for Bryan. Bryan would have still joined The Wyatt Family, but instead, Bryan would have still be at the forefront. The story here? Wyatt pins Bryan at the Rumble (even though Bryan is a member of the family), and Bryan enters the Rumble and wins. The next time, Triple H instructs Wyatt to destroy Bryan, but Wyatt destroys Triple H instead. Wyatt reveals that Bryan has had the machine try to tear him down, but Wyatt is trying to get Bryan to see the light. Bryan can't fight The Authority and The Shield on his own, so he had to bring him into the family. Wyatt wants Bryan to tear down the machine with him. Wyatt goes over Triple H, Bryan goes over Orton and Batista and wins the WWE Title to cap off the story.

Then you have that Cena program? Wyatt should have won. Easily. It's not even a debate. Wyatt was white hot, he came off clean pins over Bryan and Reigns. Why is he losing to Cena the way he did? Wyatt should have won the program. Simple as that.

Then you have The Undertaker program? I don't think Lesnar should have ended the streak. It should have been Wyatt. You had a mystical figure that could have been your modern day Undertaker. He's agile, he's quick, he's powerful, he's a threat, and he's quite possibly the greatest mic talker of this generation, the only one who can debate it is Dean Ambrose. Wyatt should have ended the streak if you were going to do that. Even if Lesnar had to end it, Wyatt should have still won that WM match vs. Taker. That was a blatant slap in the face to Bray Wyatt to build the entire program on his own without Undertaker showing up once and then just to lose in a 10-minute match.

When Triple H was holding the title and Wyatt teased going after HHH and the title? ANOTHER CHANCE BLOWN. The fans were white hot for Dean at this time, but Bray was way more over than Roman here too, probably #2 behind Dean, and him teasing the title chase got a huge pop. Wyatt vs. HHH should have absolutely been a thing.

Wyatt vs. Lesnar? Wyatt should have won. This was supposed to happen but it was brushed aside for Ambrose to have the match instead. Wyatt should have had this match at some point and gone over.

And the death knell for Bray's momentum? The Orton program. It was SO. f***ING. GOOD. It was perfect. They had the perfect chance to reunite The Wyatt Family and keep Bray holding the WWE Title. When Orton burned down that compound, it was the end. Rowan tried salvaging it on Twitter with his videos dragging a body out of the compound, and in my heart of hearts I was hoping "holy f***, Rowan saved Abigail, Wyatt is going to admit he was wrong to Harper, and they're going to reunite at Wrestlemania and the Viper is going to have its head cut off." Nope. They had the worst Wrestlemania title match, possibly ever, and Orton won in 10 minutes or whatever it was. That was the end of Wyatt. He disappeared, almost became a transvestite but was saved by the mumps, then had that program with Matt, and he became a tag team guy.

This is a guy who SHOULD have had an unstoppable, undefeated run. This is a guy who should have had victories over Cena, Lesnar, Taker, HHH, Reigns, Bryan, Orton, etc., had a long ass reign with the WWE championship and all of that. Wyatt could have been salvaged after the Cena program if he were the handpicked guy to go over Lesnar. He could have been salvaged at many different points, but the Orton loss killed him. This was a time where Cena even tried paying it back to Wyatt by eating two consecutive clean pins to him in three nights, but WWE couldn't help themselves and they had to go with Orton... and then f***ing Mahal.

I want to hold out hope that they'll do things right when they bring him back this time around, but I've had my hopes up way too much for Wyatt and have always had them stomped on that now I just know better. They're never going to treat him or push him like they should, and he'll never be able to be salvaged like he could have been.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Transitioning Wyatt to a supernatural character was the death blow. Creepy was fine, supernatural sucked.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
all I can say is my boys Dean and Bray held the WWE Title. Even if it was for a short period of time, they can never take that away from them.

Both guys are huge what-ifs to me in WWE, but this is the Bray thread, so I'll go with just him.

I think there have been SO many opportunities to make him LEGIT AS **** that WWE just never, ever pulled the trigger on and I don't know why.

First you had him target Bryan in 2013. I think there were two ways to go about this:
1) Wyatt going over Bryan at the Rumble should have led to more. Not a Cena program that he lost and had his momentum killed in. He should have pinned Bryan clean at the Rumble, and then that Shield match should have happened at Wrestlemania with the exact same ending: Wyatt pinning Reigns. The Wyatt Family should have been the cause of The Shield split, and Wyatt should have been on path to win the WWE Title that year.
2) "The devil made me do it" when he was attacking Bryan. The devil should have been Triple H. The payoff should have been Bray Wyatt vs. Triple H at Wrestlemania that year with Wyatt going over to "take down the machine." Wyatt should have taken out Triple H to clear the path for Bryan. Bryan would have still joined The Wyatt Family, but instead, Bryan would have still be at the forefront. The story here? Wyatt pins Bryan at the Rumble (even though Bryan is a member of the family), and Bryan enters the Rumble and wins. The next time, Triple H instructs Wyatt to destroy Bryan, but Wyatt destroys Triple H instead. Wyatt reveals that Bryan has had the machine try to tear him down, but Wyatt is trying to get Bryan to see the light. Bryan can't fight The Authority and The Shield on his own, so he had to bring him into the family. Wyatt wants Bryan to tear down the machine with him. Wyatt goes over Triple H, Bryan goes over Orton and Batista and wins the WWE Title to cap off the story.

Then you have that Cena program? Wyatt should have won. Easily. It's not even a debate. Wyatt was white hot, he came off clean pins over Bryan and Reigns. Why is he losing to Cena the way he did? Wyatt should have won the program. Simple as that.

Then you have The Undertaker program? I don't think Lesnar should have ended the streak. It should have been Wyatt. You had a mystical figure that could have been your modern day Undertaker. He's agile, he's quick, he's powerful, he's a threat, and he's quite possibly the greatest mic talker of this generation, the only one who can debate it is Dean Ambrose. Wyatt should have ended the streak if you were going to do that. Even if Lesnar had to end it, Wyatt should have still won that WM match vs. Taker. That was a blatant slap in the face to Bray Wyatt to build the entire program on his own without Undertaker showing up once and then just to lose in a 10-minute match.

When Triple H was holding the title and Wyatt teased going after HHH and the title? ANOTHER CHANCE BLOWN. The fans were white hot for Dean at this time, but Bray was way more over than Roman here too, probably #2 behind Dean, and him teasing the title chase got a huge pop. Wyatt vs. HHH should have absolutely been a thing.

Wyatt vs. Lesnar? Wyatt should have won. This was supposed to happen but it was brushed aside for Ambrose to have the match instead. Wyatt should have had this match at some point and gone over.

And the death knell for Bray's momentum? The Orton program. It was SO. ****ING. GOOD. It was perfect. They had the perfect chance to reunite The Wyatt Family and keep Bray holding the WWE Title. When Orton burned down that compound, it was the end. Rowan tried salvaging it on Twitter with his videos dragging a body out of the compound, and in my heart of hearts I was hoping "holy ****, Rowan saved Abigail, Wyatt is going to admit he was wrong to Harper, and they're going to reunite at Wrestlemania and the Viper is going to have its head cut off." Nope. They had the worst Wrestlemania title match, possibly ever, and Orton won in 10 minutes or whatever it was. That was the end of Wyatt. He disappeared, almost became a transvestite but was saved by the mumps, then had that program with Matt, and he became a tag team guy.

This is a guy who SHOULD have had an unstoppable, undefeated run. This is a guy who should have had victories over Cena, Lesnar, Taker, HHH, Reigns, Bryan, Orton, etc., had a long ass reign with the WWE championship and all of that. Wyatt could have been salvaged after the Cena program if he were the handpicked guy to go over Lesnar. He could have been salvaged at many different points, but the Orton loss killed him. This was a time where Cena even tried paying it back to Wyatt by eating two consecutive clean pins to him in three nights, but WWE couldn't help themselves and they had to go with Orton... and then ****ing Mahal.

I want to hold out hope that they'll do things right when they bring him back this time around, but I've had my hopes up way too much for Wyatt and have always had them stomped on that now I just know better. They're never going to treat him or push him like they should, and he'll never be able to be salvaged like he could have been.

Now this is a post.

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
I never like Bray Wyatt. He was given a crappy supernatural inbred hick religious gimmick at a time when kayfabe was dead. He was nothing special in ring outside of a crab walk with his tongue waggling out like michael Jordan.

The only thing he had going for him was the groovy intro song.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I never like Bray Wyatt. He was given a crappy supernatural inbred hick religious gimmick at a time when kayfabe was dead. He was nothing special in ring outside of a crab walk with his tongue waggling out like michael Jordan.

The only thing he had going for him was the groovy intro song.
He was never an inbred hick religious guy lol wtf. He was a cult leader. He had a family of followers, hence, The Wyatt Family.

Your takes are all over the place these last couple of days.

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
He was never an inbred hick religious guy lol wtf. He was a cult leader. He had a family of followers, hence, The Wyatt Family.

Your takes are all over the place these last couple of days.
Sorry, the first time I saw Bray he made me think of the film Deliverance. The cult mind game stuff just never impressed me.

Oh nos! Xavier Woods and Cena are paralyzed by fear because of some poorly produced package video or a song from the satanic tabernacle kids choir, whatever will they do?

Those promos didn't make me fear the power of the Wyatt family, they made me wonder why the other wrestlers didn't hurry up and kick this fat neckbeard hat wearing slobs butt yet.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Sorry, the first time I saw Bray he made me think of the film Deliverance. The cult mind game stuff just never impressed me.

Oh nos! Xavier Woods and Cena are paralyzed by fear because of some poorly produced package video or a song from the satanic tabernacle kids choir, whatever will they do?

Those promos didn't make me fear the power of the Wyatt family, they made me wonder why the other wrestlers didn't hurry up and kick this fat neckbeard hat wearing slobs butt yet.

Wrestlers have been feigning fear of the paranormal for decades, probably even before Taker made it mainstream. Kane, hell even the Boogeyman (lol) have brought about the same reaction. It's called selling a gimmick, and the other wrestlers are usually on board with it - if Vince gives them a chance. Wyatt could've been the next big thing, given his mastery of the promo and solid in-ring abilities. There's still time, but Vince's decisions have cost him greatly.

Reactions: HandsomeHollywood

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
the sister abigail thing that we didnt get... that was something that was scaring me.
glad they didnt (couldnt) go with it.

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
The problem with Wyatt is 2-fold. On one hand, WWE lost the plot. He went from backwoods cult preacher (good) to swamp wizard (bad).
The other issue is his promos. They were great when he first came on because it was different. Felt like reveals were coming. After a while though it became clear he didn't have anything interesting to say really and gave very little deviation. A promo master? Not even close.
I think he's pretty much beyond repair, sadly.

Props to him and Roman for overachieving on their feud at least.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I like Wyatt as a gimmick and I think it works. In ring he's very average. He can cut one promo pretty well, but it's the only promo he cuts. Still better than guys who can't cut any promos. I like him as a upper tier mid card guy who takes the odd shot at the big titles but doesn't win them. Not everyone has to be, or should be, a main eventer. It's too bad for him that WWE has jerked him around in booking (as noted in the thread) because you could build some good angles with his original gimmick.

I'm optimistic that he could be resuscitated. Go back to his original gimmick, have him build up a stable again, no walking around with LED lamps or his Wyatt merchandise on. Oh and let him win a feud.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I like Wyatt as a gimmick and I think it works. In ring he's very average. He can cut one promo pretty well, but it's the only promo he cuts. Still better than guys who can't cut any promos. I like him as a upper tier mid card guy who takes the odd shot at the big titles but doesn't win them. Not everyone has to be, or should be, a main eventer. It's too bad for him that WWE has jerked him around in booking (as noted in the thread) because you could build some good angles with his original gimmick.

I'm optimistic that he could be resuscitated. Go back to his original gimmick, have him build up a stable again, no walking around with LED lamps or his Wyatt merchandise on. Oh and let him win a feud.

He'd fit right in with SAnitY, since Vince doesn't appear to care a whole lot about their development either.

Hell, Nikki can be his Sister Abigail. :laugh:

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
He'd fit right in with SAnitY, since Vince doesn't appear to care a whole lot about their development either.

Hell, Nikki can be his Sister Abigail. :laugh:

Sure, nothing wrong with that. They come back under Wyatt, Young could do good stuff with Wyatt in vignettes or promos, Dain is pretty good in ring, Cross can make crazy faces, Wolfe exists. But then again, WWE can also not use sanity until it is time to release a few of them and repackage the others in go nowhere gimmicks and have Wyatt as a jobber with entrance music.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Sure, nothing wrong with that. They come back under Wyatt, Young could do good stuff with Wyatt in vignettes or promos, Dain is pretty good in ring, Cross can make crazy faces, Wolfe exists. But then again, WWE can also not use sanity until it is time to release a few of them and repackage the others in go nowhere gimmicks and have Wyatt as a jobber with entrance music.

Music to Vince's ears, sadly.

That's exactly how it's played out thus far. :laugh:

SAnitY has barely seen any action, last week it was one of them jobbing to Ricochet, before that I can't even remember.

Nikki's not even on the same show as the others, and they paired her with Alicia Fox for some random reason.

And Bray is probably going to continue being AWOL for another month, the way they keep pushing back his return.

Just can't make sense of it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad