Bratt vs. Batherson

Better player?

• Bratt

• Batherson

Results are only viewable after voting.

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
With respect, you have no idea what you're talking about. Like none. I can understand where you think Bratt is better, probably cause you watched Batherson minimally because Bratt is real good at making stuff happen. However, Batherson has disgustingly creative ability and has some of the best hands in the league. He can also look a goalie one on one from distance and just rip it by him.

Bratt plays much more fundamentally beautiful and smooth. Using his great skating to his advantage in combination with his hands.

Batherson's impact comes from his greater gamebreaking sudden/standstill ability/creativity. He is not the best of skaters. This guy said PP lmao.
Bratt is one of the most dynamic and creative players in the league. His hands are some of the best in the show as well

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
I don’t understand why people are still arguing about this, you’re not going to convince people that watch one player every game that the other guy is better

Reactions: Bileur

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Bratt is far more dynamic though? One highlight reel goal doesn't really change that.

That's Batherson on the regular. He's not, brother. Saying Batherson doesn't have that element and insinuating he's mainly a PP threat was just flat out wrong. Batherson more dynamic. Few have his hands and creativity. Bratt brilliant IQ and explosive skater, though; dynamic in his own right. Doesn't have the gamebreaking ability of Batherson.

Wierzbowski426

Nov 1, 2019
New Jersey
I cannot believe this thread is still going lol. I would take Bratt completely impartially.

Also, who gives a shit about the 3v3.

Drake is an amazing player but I could not care less about highlights from the ridiculous 3v3 overtime.

Bring back ties.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
That's Batherson on the regular. He's not, brother. Saying Batherson doesn't have that element and insinuating he's mainly a PP threat was just flat out wrong. Batherson more dynamic. Few have his hands and creativity. Bratt brilliant IQ and explosive skater, though; dynamic in his own right. Doesn't have the gamebreaking ability of Batherson.
Batherson lacks the elite quickness and lateral mobility to consistently slice through multiple defenders on his own. Great hands, elite wrist shot, excellent vision, and obviously a threat at all strengths. But relative to Bratt, Batherson is the more dangerous PP player.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Usually the obnoxious fans support the good teams, but Ottawa has truly taken it upon themselves to buck the trend lol.

Guy really said "Hope you're having a good night, bro. looooooooooool." after winning a game in OT against a bad team without arguably their two best players.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Usually the obnoxious fans support the good teams, but Ottawa has truly taken it upon themselves to buck the trend lol.

Guy really said "Hope you're having a good night, bro. looooooooooool." after winning a game in OT against a bad team without arguably their two best players.
Lol. @ReginKarlssonLehner is a proud and passionate fan. Might go overboard at times in his passion, but it was a pretty good display of how wrong that post he was responding to is. Batherson was our only game breaking talent before his injury, and it seemed like he was carrying our offence night in & night out. As I say below, I usually find @WhiskeyYerTheDevils to have pretty good reads but it is clear their read on Batherson is not a good one.
Batherson lacks the elite quickness and lateral mobility to consistently slice through multiple defenders on his own. Great hands, elite wrist shot, excellent vision, and obviously a threat at all strengths. But relative to Bratt, Batherson is the more dangerous PP player.
Man, I find you often have good takes on here, but this just really isn't a good description of Batherson. He was looking like a (much) lesser Malkin before his injury. From a standstill, sure. Batherson isn't gonna just Sonic his way past guys. But he is a big boy who moves very well when he gets going, and doesn't need to slow down with the puck. When he gets the puck with a head of steam - which is something he's great at setting himself up for - he is very difficult to touch.

Is Bratt better in tight, and a far better accelerator? Absolutely. Can Batherson take the puck in the neutral zone and then, 2.5 seconds later, be standing behind the net celebrating his solo effort goal? Absolutely.

Last edited:
Reactions: swiftwin

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina

The more dangerous PP player and dynamic gamebreaker as proven by his insane solo efforts.

Thanks.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Jesus this is so stupid and petty, both players are good one would may be marginally better and yet we have to fight about it for 3 pages? Just agree they are both good players, neither team would trade the guy they have for the other and move on!
Agreed. Said it in the off season and I’ll say it again. Both are very good players who are going to be under appreciated outside of their respective fan bases. There is no wrong choice in this poll.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
But Bratt lacks Batherson's size and physicality. He's a big boy who moves extremely well and has silky soft hands.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
I'm partial to the Drake but Bratt has had a fantastic breakout year . Would have been curious to see how Batherson does over a full season. I like the size and the extremely well rounded offensive game that the Drake provides. Interesting poll .

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I agree, it certainly hasn't aged poorly.

5v5 p/60
Bratt 2.85
Batherson 2.53

These are two very good young players. Slight edge to Bratt for me but I don't judge anyone for disagreeing.
Do New Jeesey devils fans think that power play goals don't count when deciding the outcome of a hockey game? I have to ask as a group you don't seem to think they count.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad