Better player?

• Bratt

• Batherson

Results are only viewable after voting.

King Karl

five-year run of unparalleled suffering
Mar 18, 2014
Halifax, NS
I can't say I've seen a ton of Bratt, but man is Batherson the real deal. Probably the best forward on the Sens. Many a curses on Aaron Dell.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013

People are sheep.

At 5v5, it was always clearly Bratt.

Reactions: Clam Jensen

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

People are sheep.

That's quite the prerequisite you've added. I don't think it was clear and I still don't think it's clear who the better player is. Good to see both are enjoying breakout seasons, just too bad Aaron Dell was a goaltender in the NHL.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.

People are sheep.

Some of the comments in that thread, wow.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018

People are sheep.

Clearly! Clearly!

Lol.

They're very close.

Bratt and not close.

Not because Batherson isnt good, but Bratt is just that good a player.

Nah, you're wrong. Choose who you will but its 1000% close.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
Yeah this is Batherson. Shame he's been injured. The timing of this poll is clever, but I suspect once this goes up again in a year it'll be a no brainer for the Drake.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Yeah this is Batherson. Shame he's been injured. The timing of this poll is clever, but I suspect once this goes up again in a year it'll be a no brainer for the Drake.
No brainer?

Bratt has 60 points in 57 games and has been dominant at 5v5 with elite production and underlying numbers.

Since 2018, Bratt is 7th in the league at 5v5 p/60 among all LW's with >200 games played.

This is an elite player.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

yeah, not sure why this thread was made now as Batherson's season got destroyed by a bad injury. Automatic win for Bratt.

Thought Bratt was more like a 60 pts player (which is already pretty damn good) but looks like he can be more so it's super close no matter what

I would vote "too close to tell" if the option was available

It will be interesting to look at this comparison every season.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Do you own a mirror? Just curious.
Will my mirror show me where I said Batherson is better than Bratt (let alone much better)? I don't think so.

You realize you responded directly to a post where I said they are very close, right? Goof.

Sens fans were comparing Bratt to Connor Brown 10 months ago lol.
Yeah, there are super biased, homer Sens fans. If Sting's post in this thread was up before my initial response, I would have called it out, too. Has nothing to do with any point I am making.

I will clarify: anyone saying "not close" in favour of either guy is Dunning-Kruger in action.

Last edited:

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Yeah, there are super biased, homer Sens fans. If Sting's post in this thread was up before my initial response, I would have called it out, too. Has nothing to do with any point I am making.

Would you say that I fit that definition? Because I keep blasting the Senators (ownership, management, coaching, market, players) all the time and received a lot of heat for that :laugh:

I'm asking because I was the one who compared Bratt to Brown (not stylistically though, just production), before this season. I knew Bratt was good but didn't expect that much production. It remains to be seen if he can keep the PPG production going forward but the problem here is more that Connor Brown is one of the most underrated players in the whole NHL.

Brown is currently on pace for 63 pts and does that mostly at ES and on the PK while being deployed 2/3 of the time in defensive/matchup situations. I could add several facts like he was voted 17th for the Selke last season or was 2nd in takeaways behind Stone but being compared to Connor Brown is far from being pejorative. I value a guy like Brown a LOT MORE than a flashy player like Mike Hoffman, for example. He is a coach's dream

Last edited:

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Would you say that I fit that definition? Because I keep blasting the Senators (ownership, management, coaching, market, players) all the time and received a lot of heat for that :laugh:

I'm asking because I was the one who compared Bratt to Brown (not stylistically though, just production), before this season. I knew Bratt was good but didn't expect that much production. It remains to be seen if he can keep the PPG production going forward but the problem here is more that Connor Brown is one of the most underrated players in the whole NHL.

Brown is currently on pace for 63 pts and does that mostly at ES and on the PK while being deployed 2/3 of the time on defensive missions. I could add several facts like voted 17th for the Selke last season or 2nd in takeaways behind Stone but being compared to Connor Brown is far from being pejorative. I value a guy like Brown a LOT MORE than a flashy player like Mike Hoffman, for example.
No lol, I wouldnt include you in it, although I think we (definitely myself included) are all biased at times and that is probably a time you were, simply because you see how good Brown is every night whereas you watch Bratt a lot less. So that's an exposure bias, which happens to all of us.

I didn't want to get too much into an argument with them because it was irrelevant, so I just stated it bluntly. I do not think you're a stupid homer ;).

Reactions: Xspyrit

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
No lol, I wouldnt include you in it, although I think we (definitely myself included) are all biased at times and that is probably a time you were, simply because you see how good Brown is every night whereas you watch Bratt a lot less. So that's an exposure bias, which happens to all of us.

I didn't want to get too much into an argument with them because it was irrelevant, so I just stated it bluntly. I do not think you're a stupid homer ;).

I saw Bratt play enough (obviously I don't watch him as much as Brown/Batherson). I thought of him as a "waterbug" playmaker good for 60 pts a season (that's borderline 1st line production), but like I admitted twice in this thread already, didn't expect that kind of jump offensively. He's Swedish so you never know with them (if you know me for a long time, you know my Swedish bias lol)

Devils fans would be more able to tell us what made the big difference for Bratt this season but I don't know, he looks like a bigger scoring threat. I didn't think of him as much of a scoring threat before, but he doubled his S% this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad