Bratt vs. Batherson

Better player?

• Bratt

• Batherson

Results are only viewable after voting.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Bratt is one of the most dynamic and creative players in the league. His hands are some of the best in the show as well
Absolutely, No debate Bratt is a star. This is a true pick em poll both players are tremendous and you can't go wrong eith either of them. They'd actually compliment one another very well. Anyone saying its not close is out to lunch. There is no wrong answer.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Do New Jeesey devils fans think that power play goals don't count when deciding the outcome of a hockey game? I have to ask as a group you don't seem to think they count.
PP definitely matters, I just put more emphasis on 5v5 scoring because it's less situational.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
While I have always maintained its Bratt here, Batherson is riding a 6.1% 5v5 on ice sh% this year. That should definitely go up.

He hasn't fully been himself this season so far. He is the guy who misses Norris the most. Batherson can only execute systemic defense, he doesn't have the defensive awareness to do it on his own, which is why I never liked the Mark Stone comparison. He needs to be paired with a 2-way force like Norris. You know how much I think Stutzle is going to be good but a Tkachuk-Stutzle-Batherson is the worst combination a coach could come up with yet they played more than 40% of ES shifts together... They should only be together on the PP

Some players struggle more than others in a mess of a structure and I think it's Batherson's case, Hopefully there's no other reason

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
He hasn't fully been himself this season so far. He is the guy who misses Norris the most. Batherson can only execute systemic defense, he doesn't have the defensive awareness to do it on his own, which is why I never liked the Mark Stone comparison. He needs to be paired with a 2-way force like Norris. You know how much I think Stutzle is going to be good but a Tkachuk-Stutzle-Batherson is the worst combination a coach could come up with yet they played more than 40% of ES shifts together... They should only be together on the PP

Some players struggle more than others in a mess of a structure and I think it's Batherson's case, Hopefully there's no other reason
That trio is boasting a 59.64% xGF%. That's pretty baller. But they also have an outrageously low .918 PDO. When Batherson is without them his xGF% plummets to 44.04%. So I think that trio is working well for him.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
That trio is boasting a 59.64% xGF%. That's pretty baller. But they also have an outrageously low .918 PDO. When Batherson is without them his xGF% plummets to 44.04%. So I think that trio is working well for him.

Offensively they can certainly play but it's not built for 2-way hockey, at least not yet (Stu is still 20)

I mean they could score a lot of goals but they give up a ton too which is far from ideal

Trios from the start should have been :

Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
DeBrincat-Stutzle-Giroux

Yet the coaching staff were playing DeBrincat and Norris together, just more non-sense

Look at the difference of Tkachuk-Stutzle with Giroux instead of Batherson :

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Offensively they can certainly play but it's not built for 2-way hockey, at least not yet (Stu is still 20)

I mean they could score a lot of goals but they give up a ton too which is far from ideal

Trios from the start should have been :

Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
DeBrincat-Stutzle-Giroux

Yet the coaching staff were playing DeBrincat and Norris together, just more non-sense

Look at the difference of Tkachuk-Stutzle with Giroux instead of Batherson :

Their defensive numbers are actually just fine, they just can't get a save
1669672203595.png

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Their defensive numbers are actually just fine, they just can't get a save
View attachment 614011

Hmm maybe On-Ice SV% will adjust over time but in my viewings is they give up some glorious chances against that end up in the back of the net. Doesn't need to be a lot of quantity but automatic goals against are sure goals. To be honest, it has been the whole story of DJ Dorion era : gift some goals against on a silver platter. It's almost like we were scoring in our own net

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Hmm maybe On-Ice SV% will adjust over time but in my viewings is they give up some glorious chances against that end up in the back of the net. Doesn't need to be a lot of quantity but automatic goals against are sure goals. To be honest, it has been the whole story of DJ Dorion era : gift some goals against on a silver platter. It's almost like we were scoring in our own net
It definitely will regress back to a normal level. That is an unsustainably low on ice sv%. They are giving up nearly twice as many goals vs expected goals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad