Injury Report: Brassard with Mumps - (MOD #77)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
It's absolutely a myth and has been disproven. It's a dangerous bit of ********; unfortunately, it's the type of thing our stupid society eats up.

That's only one concern and I would hardly call it disproved. You could say the same about a society who blindly accepts whatever the doctors and scientists tell them, who are on the other hand complicit in keeping people ill for the profit of large pharmaceutical companies. I don't trust Jenny McCarthy, but I certainly don't blindly trust "experts" whose pockets are lined by the same people making the drugs and vaccinations. I'd say there is a large conflict of interest in today's medical and scientific circles.

Blindly trusting the AMA or FDA is about as intelligent as trusting Jenny McCarthy. The former have a much longer history of lying and being wrong.

On a side note a girl I once dated joined the peace corps and had to be vaccinated before going overseas. It nearly killed her, but I'm sure it was coincidental that what she was being vaccinated for almost took her life through willful exposure.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Folks, we are getting really far off topic in this thread, and it has to stop now.

This thread is an injury report for Derick Brassard. It is NOT an opportunity to discuss the benefits or drawbacks of vaccination or any personalities associated with either side of that debate. It is also NOT an opportunity for posters from any country to pat themselves on the back for the wonderful vaccination policies and/or social services in their homeland while implying that the US or Canada suck by comparison for letting adults develop the mumps.

Let's get our **** together here.

member 116805

Hopefully Brassard is the only player on the Rangers who got it. Glass does not count lol.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Duncan Keith is sick and out of the game tonight, suspected to have mumps too.

That'd be number 16.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Hopefully Brassard is the only player on the Rangers who got it. Glass does not count lol.

At this moment probably the guy i would least want out of the lineup tho (except maybe for nash).
Oh well. hope he's getting good amount of rest. heal up and maybe be ready for sunday game against carolina?

Swept In Seven

Disciple of The Zook
Apr 27, 2010
Hope none of these guys develop orchitis, the predominant symptoms are terrible but we are dealing with adults thus the chances for rarer more extreme symptoms have increased. Here is to a speedy recovery for all who have contracted it

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Hope none of these guys develop orchitis, the predominant symptoms are terrible but we are dealing with adults thus the chances for rarer more extreme symptoms have increased. Here is to a speedy recovery for all who have contracted it

Before anyone asks, orchitis is testicular swelling. :(

Swept In Seven

Disciple of The Zook
Apr 27, 2010
Before anyone asks, orchitis is testicular swelling. :(

Ironically I just wrote a 10 page paper on the Mumps, measles, and rubella about 2 weeks ago. Scary, life altering conditions may arise for adults who contract these viruses. Glad Glass is alright, hope Brass and everyone else around the league who contracted it comes out unscathed.

Vickers8

Andrew Gross‏@AGrossRecord
Vigneault says Derick Brassard (mumps) will resume skating with the Rangers tomorrow. No indication whether he'll play this weekend.

TheKing30

Nov 20, 2011
NJ
Glad to see Brass will be back soon, got worried he would be out for a long period of time like the Zajac and Larson on the debbies they were out for a few weeks I believe

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005
Larsson didn't really have the mumps.

He just got stung by a bee and the Devils used it as an excuse not to have to play him for a few weeks.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Good news!

What kind of toll does the mumps take on a person physically? Like will he need some time to regain his stamina? I don't know if it's one of those "exhausting" medical conditions where you have a lot of fatigue to shake off.

AHB*

Good news!

What kind of toll does the mumps take on a person physically? Like will he need some time to regain his stamina? I don't know if it's one of those "exhausting" medical conditions where you have a lot of fatigue to shake off.

From what I've read, it doesn't seem to be. Slightly painful, but that's really it. Just highly contagious and you look like ****.

Swept In Seven

Disciple of The Zook
Apr 27, 2010
Good news!

Depends on severity of infection and the resulting symptoms which can rarely cause harmful complications in adult males. These guys are getting top flight medical care and it doesn't seem to be a particularly virulent strain so hopefully these guys actually benefit from a bit of extra rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad