Confirmed with Link: Brassard, Sheahan, 2nd + 2 4ths for Bjugstad and McCann

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
He supposedly wants to go to a big city with active nightlife, a significant Russian presence, and near the water. And Dadonov is one of his best friends in the NHL. I'd say that narrows down the size of the gamble to acceptable.
So Miami?

Reactions: Peat

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
He supposedly wants to go to a big city with active nightlife, a significant Russian presence, and near the water. And Dadonov is one of his best friends in the NHL. I'd say that narrows down the size of the gamble to acceptable.
we got geno, 3 rivers, and south side. that should be close.:)

Reactions: EightyOne

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

This part sounds a bit ... weird.

"Brassard also found it difficult to penetrate the Penguins’ leadership structure, spearheaded by Crosby, Malkin and others.
He said it was too hard to come in as an outsider and feel part of the group given what the Penguins’ core had accomplished together. It was similar to what Trevor Daley experienced in Chicago a couple years ago before coming to Pittsburgh and thriving.

“Yes, they have good guys, they make you feel unbelievable, their organization, staff, everyone is unreal,” Brassard said. “But the fact that they have star power, they won, it’s the same core and everything … you’re coming in as a new guy, and it’s not an easy thing to do.”

Maybe it's my interpretation, but it sounds like he didn't seem to fit in even off the ice or something.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005

Maybe it's my interpretation, but it sounds like he didn't seem to fit in even off the ice or something.
It does sound weird. All the other new guys talk about how welcoming the guys are to newcomers and how they go out of their way to include them. McCann was just talking about being welcomed and watching the Super Bowl at Sid's place.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
If we are (which I think is debatable), we're still better off with Bjugstad and McCann over Brassard and Sheahan.

Even if McCann and Bjugs are slower which is debatable. Their effort since they got here has canceled that out. At least to me.

Brassard and Sheahan could be faster but never hustled (especially Brass). I'll take a step slower with effort over a step faster with minimal to no effort.

Reactions: Riptide

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Even if McCann and Bjugs are slower which is debatable. Their effort since they got here has canceled that out. At least to me.

Brassard and Sheahan could be faster but never hustled (especially Brass). I'll take a step slower with effort over a step faster with minimal to no effort.

I haven’t gotten a good feel for Bjugstad yet, but that guy can absolutely fly. Hes faster than both Brassard and Sheahan. I’m happy as hell with his skating. It’s actually astounding a guy that big can move as fast as he does.

His size and speed have helped him create quite a few incredible scoring chances already. The Panthers beat guy basically said he was snake bitten this year, but generating chances wasn’t an issue.

So we are kind of seeing that now.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
It sounds to me like he's used to being a core guy and part of the leadership and wasn't sure how to just be one of the guys here.

Yeah, that sounds about right. Would fit with Hainsey being an outsider too.

Which might be a problem going forwards, as the sort of self-motivated veterans who don't need leading and can take some burden off of Sid & Geno are going to mostly fall into that category.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
His size and speed have helped him create quite a few incredible scoring chances already. The Panthers beat guy basically said he was snake bitten this year, but generating chances wasn’t an issue.

So we are kind of seeing that now.

Sounds like most of our team this year. No wonder he's fitting in so well.

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
Good to hear that he and Sully were on the same page in terms of trying to find him ice time, but he pretty much confirmed what everyone has been thinking that he felt like he needed more to really get into games. Such is life.

I had the same takeaway. You'd think a guy who's been in that position would feel some relief in going to a contender and not have to be the guy on and off the ice, but clearly he did for both.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad