Dreger: Brassard likely to be traded

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
If the Penguins move Brassard for futures I expect a slightly smaller packer than what they gave to Ottawa.

If the Pens move Brassard for a roster player I expect them to get f’d in terms of actual value.

I really hope it's not a 1 for 1 move. I also think they get screwed if they go that route
Trade him for young assets/picks and use that for other trades!!!

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
Scandella is literally a negative value asset for the Penguins because of how many defenseman the Penguins already have.
Yea, I can echo this, if a defenseman is coming in, one has to be going out. And this isn’t just with this proposal. This is with basically any proposal involving a blue liner and the Pens right now.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Sens fan here...

Brassard played like a 3rd liner his entire time in Ottawa.
Comparable to what Pageau brings.

Brassards best year(s) were definitely in NY and those seem to be long behind him now

And yet statistically, his best year was last season prior to being traded to Pittsburgh. Boud can say he played like a 3rd liner, but that doesn't change the fact that he was producing high end 2c numbers at ES.

Andy P

Dec 21, 2018
There is a rumor out of pittsburgh insider that there is a 3 team trade in the talks of pitt/clb/car involving the following players:

To Pitt: Ferland
To CLB: brassard
To Car: 2019 1st (pitt), 2019 2nd (clb)

mwalluk

Jul 2, 2009
There is a rumor out of pittsburgh insider that there is a 3 team trade in the talks of pitt/clb/car involving the following players:

To Pitt: Ferland
To CLB: brassard
To Car: 2019 1st (pitt), 2019 2nd (clb)

First mistake is never trust Depaoli. Second mistake was using him as a source. I don't think he has credentials anymore. TIOPS is on the same level as PHN/Bud Moonshine aka Eklund. That said, there has to be more to this deal for Pitt than a UFA (with Pitt trading both a 1st and Brass). That just seems steep in comparison for the caliber of players Pens previously traded for.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad