Confirmed with Link: Brassard for 2018 1st + Gustavsson + Cole...or not...maybe, some time. Eventually. Probably?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
Nice deal JR. Too bad it was Cole. Glad that Sprong will get a chance with us,....unless he goes for someone else.

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
Would expect to see us make a trade for a defenceman, maybe Sprong for Petrovic?

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
I would **** jr right now.

Unless Brassard has injury problems and the 1st becomes a 1C or 1D. So yeah, it could hurt. It’s just the right choice to make at the time.

To be fair the player taken with the pick could always sustain a serious career-altering injury too. If i'm the GM of a win-now team i make this trade every time.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
For what it's worth, the organization thought Gus was going to be a star and would have rather moved Jarry.

And JR dangled that right in front of Dorion's face all along. Sprong. Sprong. Sprong. Wouldn't give up a goalie. And then he 'caved'.

It wasn't 1st, Sprong, Gust, but Ottawa will flip Cole for AT LEAST a good 2nd, so I nailed the value.

BTW, JR isn't done . . . a defenseman was mentioned to me this morning.

RustyRazor

né Selfish Man
Mar 9, 2004
PNW
Not surprised it was Cole, recent good play not withstanding they were trying to trade the guy earlier this season. I'm actually surprised no one thought of this angle in all the speculation as to the parts of the deal, to be honest.

Anyway, yay. Now let's get some depth at LW and win another cup.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Losing Cole does suck but that's a bargain for Brassard. Gus could well develop into a legit NHL starter but we have Murray and Jarry.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
To be fair the player taken with the pick could always sustain a serious career-altering injury too. If i'm the GM of a win-now team i make this trade every time.

Yeah, it’s absolutely the right choice for the Pens, it’s just not a guaranteed win because that’s life.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Was there any retention from Ottawa on this one? The numbers seem a little off.

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
I'm really bummed about Losing Cole, he was a playoff warrior for us, but THIS IS HUGE!!! We didn't lose both of Sprong and Gustavsson and if it were up to me, i would've also picked Gus as the expendable between him & Sprong, since the latter has a place on this team in the future....

P.S. Hunwick better step his f***ing game up....

BetterCallSaul

Feb 28, 2017
GMJR

giphy.gif

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
The Cole loss is a tough one. He's a bottom pairing defensemen but he and Oleksiak played very well together. That chemistry will be hard to replicate.

That said we actually got Brassard. JR ewe da man!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad