Confirmed with Link: Brassard for 2018 1st + Gustavsson + Cole...or not...maybe, some time. Eventually. Probably?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatGuy

Dec 21, 2006
Losing Cole sucks a bit but I'm still very, very excited. I think it's a good trade for both sides.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I kinda think losing Gustavsson hurts the most but it's not like we couldn't afford to lose a goalie.

Coach Travis

Back2Back!!!
Jun 29, 2005
Thunder Bay, Ontario
bucketdecals.com
Great deal for both teams. Brassard gives us UNREAL Centre depth for TWO PLAYOFF RUNS! And for Ottawa, Gustavsson will eventually take Craig Anderson's spot, hopefully they're getting a 31st overall pick :naughty: and they should be able to flip Cole for a 2nd.

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
Gotta give to get. I think it's fair value. Hurts the defense a little but plugs a gaping hole in the roster construction with the best available player at his position for a season and a half.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Well, I was wrong and I'm glad I'm wrong. Not happy at all about losing Cole but if that's the deal, not bad.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Thanks for everything Cole! I would have loved to see him stay but if you have a chance to get a player like Brassard for a soon to be UFA that most likely wouldn't be here next season then you do it. Of course I wish it was Hunwick but it could have been a lot worst.

Welcome to Pittsburgh Brassard!!!

I really like the deal.

I'm sure JR isn't content though. Lets see what else he has up his sleeve.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
I'd have to assume that if we wanted to include Hunwick instead of Cole, the Sens were going to ask for Sprong to also be thrown into the deal.

I'm glad it worked out the way it did.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
For what it's worth, the organization thought Gus was going to be a star and would have rather moved Jarry.

I think he will be better than jarry as well. However, we need jarry right now more than we need Gus. Obviously had to give up one of Gus/Sprong. Glad its not both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad