Player Discussion: Brandon Tanev

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
After this contract that leaves us 8 million (cause we need to leave 4 for ELC bonuses) to sign Poolman, Petan, Dano and Jmo. The first three should come in around 2.1 million combined so that leaves room for a Jmo long term.

DJBiffWPG

May 30, 2018
After this contract that leaves us 8 million (cause we need to leave 4 for ELC bonuses) to sign Poolman, Petan, Dano and Jmo. The first three should come in around 2.1 million combined so that leaves room for a Jmo long term.

Send Myers down the road and there's lots of room.

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
So Tanev is a UFA after this deal? If he gets a bigger offer he’s walking after this season, which is a shame as I’ve grown quite fond of his game.

Reactions: GNP

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Would have liked to see a 2 year deal as he is an UFA after this deal.

I do agree with this post--as I like Tanev a lot--"nobody" hussles with more heart and soul than Tanev does. The Jets need a guy like him, and should have locked him up for at least 2 years. He's also starting to score a lot-- this guy is "impressive."

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
About 250k more than I expected. That is 3 out of 4 signed above my number. Lowry was 283k lower. Helle and Morrow were above. Trouba is actually a little lower but I planned on a 6 year deal. He got .75-1 mil more than I thought 1 RFA year was worth.

It doesn't matter whether my specific projections were right or wrong but it is beginning to look like I might have been a bit optimistic.

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
About 250k more than I expected. That is 3 out of 4 signed above my number. Lowry was 283k lower. Helle and Morrow were above. Trouba is actually a little lower but I planned on a 6 year deal. He got .75-1 mil more than I thought 1 RFA year was worth.

It doesn't matter whether my specific projections were right or wrong but it is beginning to look like I might have been a bit optimistic.

I'd rather have a optimistic Mort than a pessimistic one... :thumbu:

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Because Myers is very bad.

You praise Trouba but Myers had more points in the regular season and playoffs and played all 82 games.

Yes fancy stats but fancy stats dont win you hockey championships.. Scoring more than the other team does.. Myers was better than Trouba in the playoffs.. And unlike Trouba, likely wants to be here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad