Player Discussion: Brandon Tanev

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
He is contrary to most of the opinions on here a while back, improving.

Adds some elements that are quite beneficial for the Jets. Solid deal that helps.

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
Ya, he had a good year on that line. They were effective all season.
He really did and the mesh of Lowry Copp and Tanev was a key element. As they say the sum is greater than the parts at times and this is an example I believe.

He can play either wing and that helps as we are more loaded at LW than RW , like how he is effective in on the forecheck overall but especially with that line. Enables Lowry and Copp to cycle the puck extremely well.

Reactions: Total Cure

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
Nothing wrong with that contract Tanev is a useful player as long as you don't depend on him for more than he is capable of doing.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
150 k over my projection of 1 million. If he plays like he did last year then it will be decent value.

Reactions: GNP

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Would have liked to see a 2 year deal as he is an UFA after this deal.

Reactions: GNP

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
If you can lock Morrissey up long term on a decent number you absolutely must do that.
Decent is ambiguous, under 6 for 8? sure. But a bridge helps as dollars are needed for current players and if a player becomes available that would be a challenge otherwise to fit in, it leaves options open.

Unlike Trouba, I don't think a bridge deal precludes a long term deal with Morrissey. Key is if it is faourable or not for the Jets imo.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad