Post-Game Talk: Brandon Sutter is my friend 2013: Pens vs Bruins, 3-12-2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Julien has built a reputation for himself as being the biggest loud-mouthed whiner amongst coaches in this league, especially when it comes to the whole "diving" issue. You know it's bad when even John Stewart is willing to dedicate an entire segment on his show to it during the 2011 cup finals.

Like many of you, I enjoy reading the opponent's GDTs and PGTs. I'm not surprised about the tears shed by Bruins fans after last night's game. But Shady Machine siad it right that pretty much every fan base has similar highs and lows.

That said, what you said about Julien is completely wrong. He's rarely known to complain to the media, often to the chagrin of Bruins fans who WANT him to go off. If you want to talk about a complaining coach, go look at Alain Vigneault. As for the video, I'm surprised people still believe this was really John Stewart. That video was made by a bitter Vancouver fan who has allowed the Bruins and their 2011 Cup win to live rent-free in his head ever since. While the video was well-done from a production standpoint, it was definitely not from The Daily Show.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Jersey has a good out-of-town-thread. the Montréal one is tons of fun, but i'm surprised that they're allowed to get away with as much as they do (constant and hilarious put-downs of Boston and Toronto). tons of other out-of-town-threads (like the Leafs one) are more narrowly focused on how other games impact their team (those threads end up being boring).

I don't really look in on the Jersey threads much, but I can vouch for the Montreal GDTs. They one poster in particular, MoenInGlory, who puts together some EPIC GDTs. I also agree that they seem to have a longer leash than other fanbases, but you might say I'm a wee bit biased in my views on anything having to do with that organization. :laugh:

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
You know, look at Dan Bylsma? Has he ever went off on the media? Has he ever cried about embellishment?

No, but he's an arrogant, dirty coach. :laugh:
Yup... for all the flak we give him on here the guy plays a big part in how classy this team keeps it off the ice.

Huge plaus to him last night too. He could have went haywire last night after the 1st but he kept his cool and stuck to a game plan that works against the B's.

rkhum

Aug 3, 2011
+Crowd. That was on TV the loudest and most intense I have seen CEC. Anybody there, can you confirm?

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
Every time we beat Boston, I think back to the kid posting Cooke rant vids on youtube while he wore makeup and had a Taylor Swift poster behind him. Hope he enjoyed last nights game.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Cooke is 9th on the team in scoring with 12 points, only 1 behind Sutter. His 5 goals tie him with Malkin and Martin. He's tied for 4th on the team with 49 hits, and is 3rd among the team's forward in blocked shots with 21. At 2:32, he ranks 2nd among Pens' forwards and 4th among Pens' skaters in SH TOI per game.

I'd hardly say Cooke has done "next to nothing". In fact, if you want to know exactly how much Kennedy has contributed in comparison to Cooke... he has as many points as Cooke has goals.
Two goal difference and one guy is awesome and the other is a bum? Not in my world.

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh
Two goal difference and one guy is awesome and the other is a bum? Not in my world.

You're putting words in my mouth, but if you want to go down that road... Kennedy has Craig Adams by a very healthy 1 goal + 1 assist margin right now. The offensive stalwart Deryk Engelland is also hot on his heals sitting only 1 point back.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Rather than read the Delicious Tears type threads from other fans I much prefer the threads where they go off on one or two of their own players during a GDT, just stringing cut downs one after the other. Some of the few gut-busting laughs I've had on these boards came from that exercise. When HFB fans get down on a player while the game is going on (so every post is short), the acidity of the posts is unparalleled.

"______ is so bad he makes me want to sacrifice my first born to the GM."

"Ugh. _____ you ****ing suck; why do you play hockey? Do you hate me?"

etc

You get that continuous reflex laugh thing going and it can't be beat. It's not so much any one of them is hilarious. More like it just builds up rapidly because there's 5 new posts ever second. I was reading a thread Carolina fans had for Corvo earlier in the year and I almost fell out of my chair. Plus their avatars are funny too.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
If I'm Shero, I look at this game and think....

-Sid can be shutdown. It just happened. He is indeed mortal. Getting him someone who can make plays on his own will limit the chances of our top line being held scoreless in postseason hockey.

-Sutter is clutch.

-Bennett is here to stay.

-Bottom six needs blown up and reassembled. Moving Dupuis down with Sutter would be a start.

-Our personnel on defense is fine. The scheme and execution could be better.

agree with everything here 100%

Steve Durbano

Mar 27, 2011
Burbs of Bmore
Did you read ours? It was more pathetic than theirs. :help:

I think our GDT's focus more on what is going on with our team, both good and bad. Their entire shtick was "bandwagon fan-base" "tanked to get Crosby" "Fleury is the worst goal tender in the conference" "almost left Pittsburgh"......:rant:

The arrogance was unbelievable.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
the GDTs in which we're losing are always bad, but they are bad in a self-contained way. We rarely go out of our way to bash opposing franchises or fans. If opposing fans were to come to our GDTs they'd just think, 'wow, they hate their team and each other."

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
I think our GDT's focus more on what is going on with our team, both good and bad. Their entire shtick was "bandwagon fan-base" "tanked to get Crosby" "Fleury is the worst goal tender in the conference" "almost left Pittsburgh"......:rant:

The irony of which is somewhat hilarious. Regardless, stuff like that is why I rarely read other team's GDTs unless a) it's a team I hate; b) they aren't playing the Pens; and c) they just got trounced. Sometimes I just need that dose of schadenfreude. :laugh:

plaidchuck

Feb 26, 2013
Pittsburgh

Yeah the whole "the team almost left because of attendance" shtick is the worst because it's not true as it had nothing to do with fans or attendance.

CHLLL Penguin

Nov 14, 2011
Was it another student rush night? Lots of young people?

They had 200 student rush tickets for that game but I'm almost positive they have the 10am student rush online program every home game now. Sometimes they set aside 500 tickets and have students line up at the rink but that wasn't the case for the Boston game. It was just the typical 200 online student rush tickets.

It was a pretty normal night in CONSOL energy wise until the third. That's when I was finally impressed with the noise the crowd brought with them. :yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad