Post-Game Talk: Brandon Sutter is my friend 2013: Pens vs Bruins, 3-12-2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Can we stop with the "Tk was terrible" comments??? It's becoming a qualifier for showing one's hockey knowledge. We get it, everyone thinks Tk is the worst player ever.
TK plays on the third line, if he simply quits listening to yinz and plays more relaxed with the puck and also takes the body a little more, he would be a good third liner. He has been average for the third line this year, not "terrible".

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Can we stop with the "Tk was terrible" comments??? It's becoming a qualifier for showing one's hockey knowledge. We get it, everyone thinks Tk is the worst player ever.
TK plays on the third line, if he simply quits listening to yinz and plays more relaxed with the puck and also takes the body a little more, he would be a good third liner. He has been average for the third line this year, not "terrible".

i enjoy this entire post, but the pinnacle is where you blame kennedy's listening to "us" as the reason he's not playing well.

HotCoffey

Feb 22, 2013

We should stop pointing out the worst player on the ice because it's so obvious he's the worst player on the ice?

plaidchuck

Feb 26, 2013
Pittsburgh
No one's criticizing TK for not being more than a third liner, no one even expects 20 goals from him again. But he's definitely not earning that 2 mil right now, that's for sure.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

Noticing that TK is playing poorly doesn't take much knowledge about the game. It is pretty obvious to even casual fans.

It's not difficult to see he is turning the puck over in dangerous areas of the ice and his tunnel vision greatly hampers the effectiveness of his line.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Can we stop with the "Tk was terrible" comments??? It's becoming a qualifier for showing one's hockey knowledge.

Actually it's not. For years Kennedy has been this fan-base's "favorite underdog". Mr. Scrappy fit the yinzer mold perfectly, like an unofficial version of Rudy. He skated fast and had a few nice goals here and there and so Kennedy became "underrated" by Pittsburgh logic. It's only this season, that people have come to realize that he actually has very little talent / very little to offer.

:laugh: Now whose hockey knowledge is showing?

He's scored FIVE POINTS in 27 games, repeatedly makes the same offensive mistakes (from season to season not game to game), and you yourself admit he's not even a physical presence, despite that being a big part of his job. By definition, he is "terrible" this year. He hasn't always been terrible. Sometimes he's been an "OK 3rd liner". 2010 was his career year and the impetus for his current BS contract, which he unfortunately was not able to live up to. The only year he's managed to play more than 67 games. So in addition to being a predictable player who isn't big enough to play physical, 3 of his last 4 seasons were 60, 64, and 67 games. At least for his $2M this year, he hasn't missed any games so definitely "above average attendance".

He needs to go; he doesn't make this team better in the areas it needs to be better. Simple as that.

Last edited:

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
TK and Glass have played themselves into the press box. I can't believe one of the two hasn't been sat yet. I hate picking on players after the amazing win yesterday, but those two guys suck.

And for 3 straight years I praised TK every second I could. He's just lost right now and needs a change of scenery.

JQR

Clearly it's Lovejoy
Jan 25, 2012
TK and Glass have played themselves into the press box. I can't believe one of the two hasn't been sat yet. I hate picking on players after the amazing win yesterday, but those two guys suck.

And for 3 straight years I praised TK every second I could. He's just lost right now and needs a change of scenery.

I hear Wilkes-Barre is lovely this time of year. :laugh:

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
The Bruins have such a great breakout. Whenever we dumped the puck in or lost a battle along the boards behind the net, they had a player perfectly positioned by the blue line to take the pass and move the puck to the center with speed. I'm glad they decided to sit back after the 1st :).

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
the worst player on the ice is Glass, TK is next tho :laugh:

Do you close your eyes when Adams steps on the ice? We have an entire line of problems before we even get to TK.

TK just needs to be the TK of old. He is not generating the shots he used to. Just look at his shots/game and you will see his main, #1 problem. Some of that is from losing Staal, and I also think he changed his "game"... for the worse. Probably from reading these boards and listening to some of you. :shakehead

People here think a SOG is a bad thing for some reason. I understand TK has a low SH%. A SOG is always a good thing....specifically when it is from a 3rd liner who normally plays against the other team's top lines. The very worst thing that happens after a SOG is an offensive zone faceoff and ending the other team's top line shift in their own zone. Boo Hoo. I say TK just accomplished his goal of the shift. On comes Crosby or Malkin's line for the faceoff.

He gets his shots on the net (yes I know they are usually in the chest), but that is still a good thing considering his role. 3rd line has to generate "dirty" offense like this against much more skilled opposition. They have to get pucks on the net and try to either score on a deflection, rebound, or lucky bounce. They aren't going to cycle the puck into a pretty 1 timer. They don't have the skill.

Mordax

You make it hard
Sep 23, 2009
Victoria, BC
+THIS
BFM3dfICAAAHsAS.jpg:large

This was a glorious moment, as was the ensuing #ClaudeFace trend on Twitter :laugh:

julien.gif

Last edited:

Fordy

May 28, 2008
I think Eaton's doing a great job. But he's an aging shot blocking defenseman. If Bylsma insists of playing him every night, in 10 games in a condensed he's going to be hurting, and he's not the type to tell anyone. I think we got a steal with Eaton and I think he can make a big contribution in the playoffs, if DB doesn't grind him into the ground in three weeks.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
We should stop pointing out the worst player on the ice because it's so obvious he's the worst player on the ice?

Tk has actually contributed this year, not enough, but he is hardly the Pens biggest issue. Matt Cooke has done next to nothing this year, but I don't see him getting hammered daily on this board. The entire 4th line, outside of Vitale has to go. And heck, what has Vitale done in any of the games he has played? Last night, the players who offered no contribution were Adams, Glass and Vitale, maybe Jefferey. At least TK had a couple opportunities to score.

JQR

Clearly it's Lovejoy
Jan 25, 2012
tk has actually contributed this year, not enough, but he is hardly the pens biggest issue. matt cooke has done next to nothing this year, but i don't see him getting hammered daily on this board. the entire 4th line, outside of vitale has to go. And heck, what has vitale done in any of the games he has played? Last night, the players who offered no contribution were adams, glass and vitale, maybe jefferey. At least tk had a couple opportunities to score.

12 > 5

Last edited:

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
just can't believe that Despres was scratched. :shakehead

What's that kid gotta do to not be a healthy scratch?

khaoskennedy

Aug 6, 2010
Western, PA
How many of those 12pts came on the second line??? My point is, his season hasn't been that different than Tk's, yet I don't see the bashing for Cookie.

we SHOULD be bashing all of our bottom 6 except Sutter. most people just focus on TK or Glass
Vitale is the Immortal God-King of the Penguins so he gets a free pass lol

JQR

Clearly it's Lovejoy
Jan 25, 2012
How many of those 12pts came on the second line??? My point is, his season hasn't been that different than Tk's, yet I don't see the bashing for Cookie.

I have no idea, but if it was a significant number he would have stayed there.

Cooke also has about 20 more hits than TK.

EDIT: just based on box scores, it looks like he got a whopping 1 point on the 2nd line - vs Ottawa on 2/13.

Last edited:

fcfury

Feb 8, 2010
Tk has actually contributed this year, not enough, but he is hardly the Pens biggest issue. Matt Cooke has done next to nothing this year, but I don't see him getting hammered daily on this board. The entire 4th line, outside of Vitale has to go. And heck, what has Vitale done in any of the games he has played? Last night, the players who offered no contribution were Adams, Glass and Vitale, maybe Jefferey. At least TK had a couple opportunities to score.

Either this is TK or his dad, I don't see how anyone is defending him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad