Confirmed with Link: Brandon Sutter & 3rd to Vancouver for Nick Bonino, Adam Clendening, 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
He was unquestionably our worst playoff performer in 2013.

They just replayed game 4 of the Boston series on the NHL Network.. There was a play where Sutter bumped into the linesman and got flattened like Scott Stevens on Paul Kariya.

No joke? :laugh:

Wish him well but Nucks fans are bound to be pissed off at him. At least they probably won't get to see him getting toppled over in PO...

steveg

Jul 8, 2012
Norman, OK
He was unquestionably our worst playoff performer in 2013.

They just replayed game 4 of the Boston series on the NHL Network.. There was a play where Sutter bumped into the linesman and got flattened like Scott Stevens on Paul Kariya.

LOL!! Got a .gif of that, anyone, by any chance? That would be funny to watch...

PensBandwagonerNo272*

Forgot About Sid
Sep 10, 2012
I am still in awe that this trade even happened.. I mean I know we got Kessel.. but this is still the trade I can't wrap my head around why Vancouver made it.

Have to feel for Canucks fans honestly. They had such a strong team for years, came so close to a Cup, had such unique once in a lifetime leadership in the Sedin twins, and management has slowly but surely dismantled their potential for success.

That said, who knows, maybe Sutter does well with a change of scenery and different linemates/teammates/responsibilities. He's about as far away as he can be so I can safely say I wish him and them the best.

Headshot77

Bad Photoshopper
Feb 15, 2015
I generally feel for teams that were great for a considerable stretch but could never go the distance, and eventually regress back to not being a contender. Currently, Vancouver and San Jose fit that description.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
1. A mod should make a thread for clendening.

2. How did clendening look tonight? Do any of you see him as as a top 4 guy, or maybe even a player like yandle one day?

Call me betty*

Sheary Baggins
Nov 8, 2015
1. A mod should make a thread for clendening.

2. How did clendening look tonight? Do any of you see him as as a top 4 guy, or maybe even a player like yandle one day?

Clendening's definitely got potential, I'm hoping he can turn into another Niskanen for us. he's looked very serviceable in the 2 games he played and he was one of best defense man in the preseason (although not saying much considering our D). He should be playing every game over Scuderi or even Cole, who's been bad this year.

PensFreak

Jun 5, 2007
Clendening looks really solid to me every time he's played. All two of them.

On the bright side, with Maatta presumably out for an extended period, he may be able to play himself into the lineup and see Scuderi evicted when Maatta is healthy again.

Skriko

Jul 27, 2014
This was a very weird trade in summer. What you guys think about this trade now?

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Bonino's no better than Sutter, IMO. But he's cheaper. So it's a win for us.

plaidchuck

Feb 26, 2013
Pittsburgh
Eh a 2nd is nice. The real question is what they were smoking in Vancouver for Bonino to be the big trade piece for Kessler.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Bonino was twice the player in Anaheim than he's been in either Vancouver or Pittsburgh, at least from what I saw of him.

Fortunately for us it's still a solid trade...Vancouver bought high on him and then turned around and bought high on Sutter.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
I don't get why this trade is weird from our standpoint? We got two players and a 2nd. Bonino is fine

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
How Clendening has been playing?

No one knows because he hasn't. Recently send on a conditioning stint because he's been pressboxed so much.

Looked fine that one time and decent in preseason. Should be given a shot over Cole and Warofspace at this point, but it is what it is.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
i'm a fan of clendening. i think he'll turn into something for us. an nhler at the very least. none of the complaints vancouver fans had about him seem accurate to me.

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
i'm a fan of clendening. i think he'll turn into something for us. an nhler at the very least. none of the complaints vancouver fans had about him seem accurate to me.

You're assuming they don't lose him on waivers or piss him away in some other fashion, which looks to be the route they're going.

hooverdam

Feb 21, 2013
Bonino has gone ice cold like Sutter always did but I feel like he doesn't have the same annoying qualities that Sutter did when he was cold. I never see him getting pushed around, he works hard along the boards and even when nothing happens on his shifts, I still feel like something theoretically could.

With Sutter, you always knew a second into his shift that he was just going to play like he was on the PK at even strength, get hemmed in, hold on until a stoppage and then go off so Sid could clean up the mess he left. I don't have that frustration with Bonino; it feels like he holds his own.

Or maybe I'm just biased because I despised Sutter so much. :laugh:

Fordy

May 28, 2008
when bonino is cold he's still at least working with and reading his linemates. he's not ever actively hurting his line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad