Value of: Brandon Saad to Edmonton

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
You know whats great...Seabrook has more points than Spooner and Lucic combined...yet Edmonton fans act like Seabrook is one in the same. Your cap dumps are total trash. At least Seabrook still puts up respectable points for a defenseman.
I have said for a while now that Seabrook would actually be a good pick up in an exchange of bad contracts where the oilers get teh better player right now but the hawks get less term.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I have said for a while now that Seabrook would actually be a good pick up in an exchange of bad contracts where the oilers get teh better player right now but the hawks get less term.

Hawks keep the better player and use a compliance buyout on him in a few years.

axlrose87

Jul 13, 2018
And thats why Edmonton is the worst organization in the league.
No. Paying average players $6 million a year is why they are so bad.... the same reason why the playoffs are only a pipe dream for the blackhawks.... for a long long time

Jay haller

Oct 22, 2017
No. Paying average players $6 million a year is why they are so bad.... the same reason why the playoffs are only a pipe dream for the blackhawks.... for a long long time

Except saad is pretty good. He’s not Marian Hossa but he’s a really good 2 way forward. A slightly better one is going to be getting ten mill in ufa in stone.

axlrose87

Jul 13, 2018
Except saad is pretty good. He’s not Marian Hossa but he’s a really good 2 way forward. A slightly better one is going to be getting ten mill in ufa in stone.
I bet the hawks would be happy just to move his salary out. With no return at all

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
You know whats great...Seabrook has more points than Spooner and Lucic combined...yet Edmonton fans act like Seabrook is one in the same. Your cap dumps are total trash. At least Seabrook still puts up respectable points for a defenseman.

Edmonton did a great job loading up the team with garbage all while being at the upper limit of the cap.

The only way that team can realistically go forward is to try and find teams willing to take their garbage players in small trades.

I wouldn't be surprised if 1 of their superstars gets traded.

Mcdavid as special as he is winning personal trophies doesn't help or equate to Stanley cups.

It's a team effort.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Your joking right? Spooner is the definition of trash,

Those players in that package are worth more than just a 1st round pick.

Taking spooner is doing Edmonton a favor.

not when the first will be a lotto pick

Saad is is on 6mill a year and he is not worth that, Fosling is a LHD and we have lots of those and Sikura is an unknown quantity at this point in time

Spooner only has one year left and if we want to-- a bottom feeder in the cap situation will take him for a 2nd for 1 year at his current rate

Do not act like Spooner had 3 or 4 more years on his contract-- 18 months and his UFA

Now if you want to take out Spooner and add Lucic---we can talk

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Your joking right? Spooner is the definition of trash,

Those players in that package are worth more than just a 1st round pick.

Taking spooner is doing Edmonton a favor.

Someone might give you a first for the three of them, but it would be a very low first and they’d be sorry they did.

Nurse is worth more than Saad. By a lot. Heck he’s almost caught him in points - for half the price - from the blue line. You don’t have anything tradeable that we want for Nurse. Nothing.

We did you a favour by taking that sorry sack of garbage Brandon Manning off your hands, so you do owe us. Sikura for Spooner straight up.

Last edited:

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
Haven't read the thread or the value stuff...

Just wanted to say Saad would probably look good and elevate his consistency under a guy like Hitchcock.

I have a love/hate for him. When he's ON he's kind of a one man machine which is great in the playoffs. He can create his own scoring chance then finish out of the blue when you think your team is being shut down. Total badass power forward stuff, then you're left wondering why he doesn't stay physical/dominant every game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad